British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

Pieman? He rode well at Berwick a couple of weeks ago when guesting for Dany Gapp.

The Pieman would be very relevant, i agree. :P

Presumably been signed because of his form this season. He has hit double figures in each of his matches with Kent home and away so far so currently riding well above his average. It's a big ask but good luck to him.

• Like 2

The Pieman would be very relevant, i agree. :P

why, does he look like he's had 1 or 2, a bit like ya self Dave ???

what about 'the bunny' ? ;)

why, does he look like he's had 1 or 2, a bit like ya self Dave ???

what about 'the bunny' ? ;)

I hope he is as hungry for points.

I hope he is as hungry for points.

well,,, happy that there's not been a change in the 1 to 5, but only time will tell if it's been the right way to go,,,

Well, the best of luck to him. But I'm not enthused with the 2.00 limit or with the points limit generally - I think we're at the bottom limit of professional racing now.

The very best of luck to him.

But I'm not enthused with the 2.00 minimum or with the points limit generally - I think we're now at the floor of what is an acceptable level for professional racing

• Like 2

Not sure of the dates or the performance but he did guest last year, and whilst he guested the year previous he got his footpeg caught under the kickboard coming off the second bend and retired injured from the meeting. He's a gutsy rider and, as you correctly imply, we have a habit of turning someones fortunes around like Pepe, Lemon, Lindgren, Schramm, Mills, Tero and Morris(lot more to come from Ash IMO).

Let's get behind the lad, who will give his best and not let us down. He has a chance of a long term signing with us just for a change, and i know he will be on top equipment like normal.

Interested as to what nickname Roy has got for him. Any suggestions ?

It'll just be another name for me to shout! Hoping the lad does well! :) Edited by DiamondGlory
  • Like 1

Well, the best of luck to him. But I'm not enthused with the 2.00 limit or with the points limit generally - I think we're at the bottom limit of professional racing now. The very best of luck to him.

But I'm not enthused with the 2.00 minimum or with the points limit generally - I think we're now at the floor of what is an acceptable level for professional racing

hmmm,,,

Not sure of the dates or the performance but he did guest last year, and whilst he guested the year previous he got his footpeg caught under the kickboard coming off the second bend and retired injured from the meeting. He's a gutsy rider and, as you correctly imply, we have a habit of turning someones fortunes around like Pepe, Lemon, Lindgren, Schramm, Mills, Tero and Morris(lot more to come from Ash IMO).

Let's get behind the lad, who will give his best and not let us down. He has a chance of a long term signing with us just for a change, and i know he will be on top equipment like normal.

Interested as to what nickname Roy has got for him. Any suggestions ?

Good to hear that he's a gutsy rider, I like riders who give 110% all the way through the race, like Schramm did, or Wilkinson and Morris do now, I hope he gets of to a good start

The bald bandit would be a good nickname :)

Does anyone have any idea which number he'll get? Will he go to 6 and Connor to 7, or will he just take Danny's place at 7? Hope to see Connor at 7 tbh... Gives him more chance of points

Ah, scratch that, I've got his nickname..... BigBen ;) Knowing Roy's originality... That's probably what it'll be

Good to hear that he's a gutsy rider, I like riders who give 110% all the way through the race, like Schramm did, or Wilkinson and Morris do now, I hope he gets of to a good start

The bald bandit would be a good nickname :)

Does anyone have any idea which number he'll get? Will he go to 6 and Connor to 7, or will he just take Danny's place at 7? Hope to see Connor at 7 tbh... Gives him more chance of points

With both reserves on 2's we can use them in either combination. Sometime riding them in different combination home and away gives you some opportunities.

hmmm,,,

Do you disagree that the standard this year is markedly lower than in previous seasons?

Heat 2 is in danger of becoming an embarrassment - in my opinion.

I wish they'd do the old EL format, with two reserves races, and when the reserves are against the main body, it's just second strings, if they keep going with the weak reserves, they should do this anyway

That made the averages work really well.

Do you disagree that the standard this year is markedly lower than in previous seasons?

It is certainly an embarrassment when you have two 2pt riders and they really are 2pt riders!!

No, a don't disagree,,, a just couldn't work out what you were saying, lol