British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

Stupid to question anybody's commitment. Lambert has a busy schedule but Newcastle knew that at the start of the season and were happy to give him a contract - likewise Worrall. That is not the problem, guests have generally done a good job for us when needed.

The problem was always going to be the bottom 2, regardless of Danny's injury. I assume they thought Coles would be much more competitive than he has been but it was always going to be a gamble which has unfortunately backfired - so far at least.

I don't see any major revamp of the team taking place and thus we just have to stick with it and hope the reserves improve. Hopwood has been around a good while now so I don't see that much scope for improvement there. The hope is that Coles will find some confidence and form at some stage. Absolutely not the fault of the riders, they are trying their best which is all we can ask.

The promoters have put some good sides together over the years on a limited budget. This year it looks like they may have got it wrong but we'll see.

coles looks shot to bits too me, even in the national league, that travellings a sickener too when your struggling

You would have been a lot closer if your guest had scored a number one's score!

• Like 1

No... I want Brady Kurtz to replace the very busy kid, Robert Lambert, no one wants him to go, but something has to change andit'd give us an extra point at reserve then...

Robert Lambert 8.70

Connor Coles 2.00

Out

Brady Kurtz 7.65 or Matej Kus 7.64

Liam Carr 3.00

In

Doesn't make our reserves mega strong but Liam is both more experienced (at this level and our track) and better than Connor (Who it's just too early for)

No one, including me, wants Robert out, but something has to be sacrificed in the 1-5..... And I think Brady would be just or nearly as good and Matej would do a job at keeping our 1-5 very strong still

I know I'm being controversial, and I will just leave my opinions here for people to judge :P It is a forum afterall

I question Roberts dedication to us still...

Yes i agree he's not dedicated. That's why he's flying back on Sunday (when he doesn't have to) to ride unlike Jack Holder who isn't (for Peterborough). Granted Holder is in Italy not Sweden but it's the same track that Robert rode at in last year's U21's and he got back comfortably for the match against Plymouth unlike Bradley Wilson-Dean (for Plymouth) who chose to ride in Poland. That's why they had to use Connor Coles at No.1.

Riders in FIM meetings are allowed to miss any domestic meeting the next day if they wish. Robert has NEVER, to my knowledge, taken that option since he signed for Newcastle.

As an aside I don't think there are any fixture clashes with Kings Lynn.

• Like 1

Yes i agree he's not dedicated. That's why he's flying back on Sunday (when he doesn't have to) to ride unlike Jack Holder who isn't (for Peterborough). Granted Holder is in Italy not Sweden but it's the same track that Robert rode at in last year's U21's and he got back comfortably for the match against Plymouth unlike Bradley Wilson-Dean (for Plymouth) who chose to ride in Poland. That's why they had to use Connor Coles at No.1.

Riders in FIM meetings are allowed to miss any domestic meeting the next day if they wish. Robert has NEVER, to my knowledge, taken that option since he signed for Newcastle.

'Flying back',,,, if he was really dedicated, he would swim back ;)

Liam Carr definitely do a good job in reserve berth. Was unlucky at Berwick to be in main body of the team.

• Like 1

Brady Kurtz was Plymouth's number one who chose to ride in Poland.

They also had Stuart Robson and Mason Campton guesting for them that night.

Stupid to question anybody's commitment. Lambert has a busy schedule but Newcastle knew that at the start of the season and were happy to give him a contract - likewise Worrall. That is not the problem, guests have generally done a good job for us when needed.

The problem was always going to be the bottom 2, regardless of Danny's injury. I assume they thought Coles would be much more competitive than he has been but it was always going to be a gamble which has unfortunately backfired - so far at least.

I don't see any major revamp of the team taking place and thus we just have to stick with it and hope the reserves improve. Hopwood has been around a good while now so I don't see that much scope for improvement there. The hope is that Coles will find some confidence and form at some stage. Absolutely not the fault of the riders, they are trying their best which is all we can ask.

The promoters have put some good sides together over the years on a limited budget. This year it looks like they may have got it wrong but we'll see.

But the only way to fix that is by sacrificing some of the 1-5 and Lambert (in MY opinion) is the rider that makes most sense, AS LONG as we could get a heat leader replacement (Rene, Matej are both capable heat leaders) And they would both free up an extra point or so at reserve... Which gives us the chance to bring Liam Carr or Zach W into number 7, and they'd be some of the best 7s in the league IMO... That's just my opinion anyway... We're not going to win anything with our reserves, but we might win something with Rene and Zach or Rene and Liam for example...

Maybe I have been a bit harsh on Robert, but I don't mean it personally (Not that he'd care what I think anyway lol) But he does have an extremely busy schedule, which is a big disadvantage when he's not here... I think someone like Rene or Matej would miss less meetings, and I know Robert hasn't missed many..... YET, but that could make the difference at the end of the day and I'm still sticking by my opinion

Robert and Connor Out

Rene and Zach in

Maybe next year for Connor, when he's better and got his confidence back... He's out of his depth

Edited by Dandelion

But the only way to fix that is by sacrificing some of the 1-5 and Lambert (in MY opinion) is the rider that makes most sense, AS LONG as we could get a heat leader replacement (Rene, Matej are both capable heat leaders) And they would both free up an extra point or so at reserve... Which gives us the chance to bring Liam Carr or Zach W into number 7, and they'd be some of the best 7s in the league IMO... That's just my opinion anyway... We're not going to win anything with our reserves, but we might win something with Rene and Zach or Rene and Liam for example...

Maybe I have been a bit harsh on Robert, but I don't mean it personally (Not that he'd care what I think anyway lol) But he does have an extremely busy schedule, which is a big disadvantage when he's not here... I think someone like Rene or Matej would miss less meetings, and I know Robert hasn't missed many..... YET, but that could make the difference at the end of the day and I'm still sticking by my opinion

Robert and Connor Out

Rene and Zach in

Maybe next year for Connor, when he's better and got his confidence back... He's out of his depth

Liam Carr wouldn't be at 7. Ben Hopwood would. Liam Carr will have a 3.00 average, as he can't go any lower than that, as he's not a "new" NL rider.

Brady Kurtz was Plymouth's number one who chose to ride in Poland.

They also had Stuart Robson and Mason Campton guesting for them that night.

Sorry. Poor memory regarding names on my part. But same principle.

Liam Carr wouldn't be at 7. Ben Hopwood would. Liam Carr will have a 3.00 average, as he can't go any lower than that, as he's not a "new" NL rider.

Is that how it works? I didn't realize whoever had the higher average went to 6, I thought it was just promotion chooses :P Anyway, he'd make a good number 6 too

Is that how it works? I didn't realize whoever had the higher average went to 6, I thought it was just promotion chooses :P Anyway, he'd make a good number 6 too

Do you seriously want to bring Liam Carr in on a 3.00 when his actual average is 1.8?? true he was in the main body of the team but he was still getting beat by other team reserves, including our Danny before he got injured. You would certainly have to seriously weaken the top 5 to accommodate him and weaken the team overall. It's pointless replacing someone scoring 9 or 10 with a stronger reserve and a weak second string (Lewis would have to move up into 3rd heatleader role) and a stronger reserve if they only score 7 or 8 between them. Which is what would happen most of the time.

Do you seriously want to bring Liam Carr in on a 3.00 when his actual average is 1.8?? true he was in the main body of the team but he was still getting beat by other team reserves, including our Danny before he got injured. You would certainly have to seriously weaken the top 5 to accommodate him and weaken the team overall. It's pointless replacing someone scoring 9 or 10 with a stronger reserve and a weak second string (Lewis would have to move up into 3rd heatleader role) and a stronger reserve if they only score 7 or 8 between them. Which is what would happen most of the time.

Yes, Liam would be much strong than Connor (no offence) Especially at reserve

Ben Hopwood and Liam Carr at reserve would be pretty good

Our top 5 would still be one of the strongest imo with improved reserves, makes us more of a team, not a 5 man team

Lewis Rose is already 3rd heat leader and I think he's doing a cracking job

So yes, I would take Liam Carr, although I'd prefer Zach :P

This is all just hypothetical anyway, because I don't think anything is going to change unless there's an injury (And please god don't let there be one) But it's fun to see what COULD happen

Hang on are some of you guys been serious ?

Questioning Roberts commitment so far this season ?

Hes missed 1 meeting and that was because hes at a world u21 tournament . If any of your riders had been selected to take place in that tournament they also would of missed that meeting .