Newcastle 2017

Steve

Rose

Newman

Kerr

Rene

Branford

Morris

Where's your 3 pointer? Or do you think that idea will be dropped next season? (serious question, not being 'funny' with you!).

It's a nice little line-up mind. :approve:

Edited by Steve Park
  • Like 1

Where's your 3 pointer? Or do you think that idea will be dropped next season? (serious question, not being 'funny' with you!).

It's a nice little line-up mind. :approve:

dont know what will happen re 3 pointer so was just fitting into 42.5

Would the likes of carr and bewley be eligable as number 7's still as they have averages of 4? If so stick Carr in for Morris :)

Or a 3 pointer and lambert in for rene.

Edited by Arson fire

1. Steve Worrall 8.51

2. Lewis Rose 5.86

3. Lewis Kerr 6.16

4. Ludvig Lindgren 7.65

5. Kyle Newman 6.31

6. Ashley Morris 4.83

7. Connor Mountain 3.00

Total 42.32

This team adds up to 43.59, that's why it looks so good

Steve
Rose
Newman
Kerr
Rene
Branford
Morris

Edited by Dandelion

Aye i calculated Roses earlier average by mistake oops... But just swap Newman for Bates and jobs a goodn 😂

Aye i calculated Roses earlier average by mistake oops... But just swap Newman for Bates and jobs a goodn

Haha, you'll get there eventually :P

I think we will have Ludvig and Kus back next year, I would bring Morris back and Rose needs a few more years in the PL so hopefully he will be back. It would be great to have either Lambert or Worrall or both back but I think Worrall will want to go Elite full time (don't know why as it is a rubbishe league) and I think Lambert will be snapped up by a Polish team which will rule him out. I was impressed with Palovaara early on but not sure what has happened of late so not sure about him. A lot will depend on makeup of the league.

Also, depending on how much it has cost the promotion to field the team we put out in 2016, we may have to tighten our purse strings. If Worky are going to the wall, Wells would be a good shout!!

I never understand the comment about going EL 'full time'. Worrall & Lambert already ride full time EL. Unless they get reliable Polish contracts my guess is they will want to ride in the PL while they can. The EL on it's own certainly wouldn't be enough. Robert rides in Sweden so he might be slightly different but I''m not aware of any foreign contracts Steve has. Certainly couldn't blame either if they tried to better themselves by going down that road but it's easier said than done as Cook & Richie have found out.

I never understand the comment about going EL 'full time'. Worrall & Lambert already ride full time EL. Unless they get reliable Polish contracts my guess is they will want to ride in the PL while they can. The EL on it's own certainly wouldn't be enough. Robert rides in Sweden so he might be slightly different but I''m not aware of any foreign contracts Steve has. Certainly couldn't blame either if they tried to better themselves by going down that road but it's easier said than done as Cook & Richie have found out.

They mean EL only. No riding in the PL as well.

• Like 1

They mean EL only. No riding in the PL as well.

Can't see any of them dropping the PL unless they have reliable contracts abroad.

Can't see any of them dropping the PL unless they have reliable contracts abroad.

Which it's looking like Lambert will and Steve would be more than good enough too if he wanted

1. Steve Worrall 8.51

2. Lewis Rose 5.86

3. Kyle Newman 6.31

4. Rene Bach 7.32

5. Ludvig Lindgren 7.65

6. Tom Perry 3.76/Danny Ayres 3.56/Ben Morley 3.85/Arthur Sissis 3.79/Matt Williamson 3.76 (In order of who I'd want first)

7. Connor Mountain 3.00

Sorry Ashley and Matej :(

• Like 1

Dandelion, I can't agree with some of that...

- Matej is our asset, every successful team has an electric gater, and for one I would very much like to see him back next year;

- I don't know what more you expected from the BCB. His attitude reminds me of Kyle Newman and I can't give higher praise than that;

- The Rene Bach we see now isn't the rider he was before his crash. It was good to see him guest the other week but I don't see a lot of improvement on the cards;

- Lewis Rose would probably benefit from a fresh start at another track;

- I don't think any of your alternatives at #6 would increase their average markedly - at any rate, I've seen nothing that makes me think they would.

Anyhow, we need to see the format and points limit. I reckon George knows and has tipped the wink to @Tsunami, which may account for why he's been looking so pleased with himself lately!

Dandelion, I can't agree with some of that...

- Matej is our asset, every successful team has an electric gater, and for one I would very much like to see him back next year;

- I don't know what more you expected from the BCB. His attitude reminds me of Kyle Newman and I can't give higher praise than that;

- The Rene Bach we see now isn't the rider he was before his crash. It was good to see him guest the other week but I don't see a lot of improvement on the cards;

- Lewis Rose would probably benefit from a fresh start at another track;

- I don't think any of your alternatives at #6 would increase their average markedly - at any rate, I've seen nothing that makes me think they would.

Anyhow, we need to see the format and points limit. I reckon George knows and has tipped the wink to @Tsunami, which may account for why he's been looking so pleased with himself lately!

Everyone has their opinions :)

-I want Ashley and Matej in the team, I think Ashley would make a great number 6, I don't expect any more from either of them tbh, but I just didn't fit them into that team, I would LIKE to see both of them next year

-I would like to see Rene back whether he's the rider he was in 2010 or not, he's a great rider still and I love watching his style on the bike, especially around brough, plus he'd be great at most away tracks (Glasgow, Redcar, Peterborough especially) and a solid number 4

-Maybe Lewis would benefit from that, but I think he's been great this year, and previous years in Diamonds colours and I think he'd make a strong number 2, staying there all season might be the fresh thing he's looking for, instead of being a reserve???

-I realize none of them number 6s sound too appealing, but they were the only riders to fit, although I think Ayres would make a good reserve, he seems to pump the crowd up a lot, and he'd remind me a lot of Schramm and Mills when they were at number 6, both were good fun to watch

Would Tsunami be happy if the averages have gone up or down? Also when is the pre-AGM and the AGM meetings?

Edited by Dandelion