British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Ipswich Vs Newcastle Thurs 15 Sep Pl

Newcastle will looking for 4pts from this one to overhaul Glasgow for the silver medal, hopefully 'the kermitmaker' will be on a mission with something to prove ;)

if we dont take the 4pts, it'll just mean more speedway for us to enjoy :)

The who??, does Miss Piggy know :P:P :P

I'm hoping the Kerminator turns up, he's much better on a bike than Kermit as he can't get his little green legs to reach the floor. (Your all imaging Kermit going round Foxhall now aren't you!!)

• Like 1

So, are we going to see you on the Heath this Thursday Gavan? I am sure that you could bring your own cocktail sausage and a novelty balloon or two to join in with the Massif and obviously your fancy dress goes without asking...

No unfortunatly. I work in car sales very busy time for me so get out of work until 8pm most nights but that is easing off so fingers crossed we get in and i can get to a few more matches as only been 4 times this season and none since June

Potential banana skin this and I will take any sort of win. Shame about Lambert as He has yet to grace us with his presence on the track at Foxhall.

Im sure ive seen him at Foxhall, Star Of Anglia? Risagers testimonial? Cant remember!

No unfortunatly. I work in car sales very busy time for me so get out of work until 8pm most nights but that is easing off so fingers crossed we get in and i can get to a few more matches as only been 4 times this season and none since June

Im sure ive seen him at Foxhall, Star Of Anglia? Risagers testimonial? Cant remember!

Billy Sanders Memorial meeting March 2015

Can see Ipswich winning this by about 10 and Newcastle to come home with nothing :( But I hope I am wrong!! Ipswich just seem so strong, although we did it at Somerset :)

strange choice of guest replacing a 9 point man with a 5 regardless of his track knowledge imo

I feel a conspiracy coming on :wink:

• Like 1

Can see Ipswich winning this by about 10 and Newcastle to come home with nothing :( But I hope I am wrong!! Ipswich just seem so strong, although we did it at Somerset :)

Good grief, somebody saying we look a strong team, that's a first, we were the whipping boys home and away early in the season but to be fair since the team changes at home we've looked unbeatable!

I still think it'll be a tough test on Thursday and I'll be more than happy with any kind of win if I'm honest. And at this stage of the season it doesn't matter to us if Newcastle take a point or not.

I'm going for a 6-10pt margin home win.

strange choice of guest replacing a 9 point man with a 5 regardless of his track knowledge imo

Has very strong ties with Newcastle, scored 14 points for the Diamonds at Ipswich last year and is currently riding nowhere near like a 5 point rider so I can see why

• Like 2

well Lamberts closer to 8 and Kerr closer to 6, but still a head-scratcher all the same, unless 'Blupanther' knows something ;)

Good grief, somebody saying we look a strong team, that's a first, we were the whipping boys home and away early in the season but to be fair since the team changes at home we've looked unbeatable!

I still think it'll be a tough test on Thursday and I'll be more than happy with any kind of win if I'm honest. And at this stage of the season it doesn't matter to us if Newcastle take a point or not.

I'm going for a 6-10pt margin home win.

Maybe I'm over confident in our team now and maybe I don't see Newcastle team that strong on our track so I'm still going for a bigger win. A lot could depend on kus, I haven't checked but I'm sure he is normally 0003 and one of their reserves isn't as good Hume. Ludvig isn't exactly a prolific scorer at foxhall either. Add pavlova to that and I think we should win very comfortably even though they have a great team and are doing very well. I just don't think it's suited to foxhall.

My other half is making some proper cup cakes for Thursday.

Edited by baldyman

Maybe I'm over confident in our team now and maybe I don't see Newcastle team that strong on our track so I'm still going for a bigger win. A lot could depend on kus, I haven't checked but I'm sure he is normally 0003 and one of their reserves isn't as good Hume. Ludvig isn't exactly a prolific scorer at foxhall either. Add pavlova to that and I think we should win very comfortably even though they have a great team and are doing very well. I just don't think it's suited to foxhall.

My other half is making some proper cup cakes for Thursday.

Thing is we have been very strong on your track the last couple of years and you could say that about any team riding anywhere that there are some riders who do not like an away track. This Newcastle team though has been putting strong performances at every single track (except Scunthorpe) even when key riders having been missing on countless occasions. Kus and Lingren are currently in very strong form and there is no a chance in hell you will get your prediction right. Not one of the top teams has beat us by more than 10 points at home - Ipswich have improved but this Diamonds team has been strong all season and are in excellent form at this moment of time also. Losing Lambert is a blow but Kerr will do a decent job and won't be too far off the points Robert would have scored anyway - if Robert had been riding I think we could beat you but with him missing I'm sticking to my 6 to 10 point defeat prediction but would not be surprised in the slightest if this team did pull it off. Ipswich need to win as they won't get anything on Sunday.

Newcastle have been good on our track last couple of years, but then we had riders that would struggle to pass water, not the case now. And maybe just maybe your team is due a more than 10 point loss. Also maybe you are right and can win. We shall see Thursday. One of us has to be right😀😉😉