British Speedway Forum

Morris has had bad crash at Peterborough. Was knocked out but now conscious. Being put in a neck brace. He is on his feet though.

Edited by Anzum

If he was knocked out that's almost certainly our top 2 out next Thursday against Wolves....I dread to imagine the outcome and the crowd figures for that think I'll bear Eastenders instead

Batch or Hans will come to the rescue if Doyle doesn't ride.

That's a pretty cr@p deal!

If Nick injured or just had concussion not sure if we can have a guest for 2-5 rider or if it has to be r/r for him.

Adam Ellis scored 3,1,3,2 9+1 as reserve for Somerset tonight.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Adam fastest time of the night too.

• Like 3

Updates say Nick has concussion. I know that is bad enough but hopefully nothing broken.

Adam has had a good night as well as scoring 9+1 . He has his own thread on the championship part of the BSF.

There was a time when we didn't use our other asset who almost won the world championships last season....

Yes & that was a ridiculous decision as well.

We couldn't use Steve as you picked before us in the draft. Everyman and his dog had him down for Belle Vue. We most definitely wanted him, in fact we purchased the Worrall's to protect against losing out again.

You could've protected him but didn't & he only signed for Belle Vue the season after he rode for Swindon I think?.

• Like 1

Not the best of weeks Doyley and now Nick getting injured and losing out on Rohan...from expecting to see those 3 lead us out against Wolves almost certain none of them will! Arrgghhh

• Like 1

Yes & that was a ridiculous decision as well.

You could've protected him but didn't & he only signed for Belle Vue the season after he rode for Swindon I think?.

You're right we could protect all our juniors including Steve by signing them up at 16 but it's not something we generally do.

We signed Steve as an asset at beginning of the 2014 season after getting our fingers burned on the draft.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/11361398.Worrall_s_future_is_looking_Ace/?commentSort=score

We should have done the same with Stefan, it was assumed by all including Stef that he'd be back but Rossco stepped in again. I think he taps our phones. Lol.

Edited by ouch

You're right we could protect all our juniors including Steve by signing them up at 16 but it's not something we generally do.

We signed Steve as an asset at beginning of the 2014 season after getting our fingers burned on the draft.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/11361398.Worrall_s_future_is_looking_Ace/?commentSort=score

We should have done the same with Stefan, it was assumed by all including Stef that he'd be back but Rossco stepped in again. I think he taps our phones. Lol.

Funny as now Steve regularly beats Richie & is probably the biggest success of the draft system.

Richie not being allowed to do it has held him back & Steve is certainly better than him now.

I alway thought it odd how two literally identical riders could be treated so differently by the system.

Richie has been shafted this year by the horrible anomalies of the average system.

Have no idea about injury replacement riders rules, as it seems that Nick is likely to be unavailable for our meeting with Wolves through concussion. If a replacement is an option we could have Batch, Craig Cook or Hans, in fact any rider apart from Lindgren, not a bad choice.

Edited by A ORLOV

Not sure about rules,but if Doyle is fit to ride,would have thought r/r applies.But obviously Morris would be a much bigger loss than Howarth would be for Wolves.

Not sure about rules,but if Doyle is fit to ride,would have thought r/r applies.But obviously Morris would be a much bigger loss than Howarth would be for Wolves.

Would think guest like Batch would score far more than r/r as those apart from Jason still need to up their game. Against Wolves we need all the fire power we can get. If it was Poole we could get away with r/r :wink: