British Speedway Forum

BWD is a Somerset asset so PL get priority.

This could affect Swindon a lot if clashes on such a low average.

I'm not sure why people think they were done over by the BSPA. Most people were very surprised when Swindon declared him on such a low average. Think it was more a mistake by Rosco

BWD is a Somerset asset so PL get priority.

This could affect Swindon a lot if clashes on such a low average.

I'm not sure why people think they were done over by the BSPA. Most people were very surprised when Swindon declared him on such a low average. Think it was more a mistake by Rosco

Somerset are in the Premiership so surely Swindon get priority!

• Like 3

Still no mention of this on the website or in the Adver so maybe not official yet.

• Like 1

Still no mention of this on the website or in the Adver so maybe not official yet.

Chalkie is usually reliable so although nothing official yet - I'm sure it soon will be.

Chalkie is usually reliable so although nothing official yet - I'm sure it soon will be.

I guess so. Could turn out to be a better signing anyway.

Quite a few of us wanted BWD in the side just a bit disappointed in the way it has happened, lot of pressure on him coming into the 1-5 but i guess it is what it is

How does such a farcical situation occur?

Why would you sign and announce anyone without clarity on his average?

Team is still pants though....

• Like 2

3 2016 premier league reserves in our top flight team. The fans will be rushing back!!! rubbish points limit because certain bandits can't run a club properly so clubs like Swindon are getting punished. Crowds will dip at Swindon and we could go the same way as others. They are killing the sport.

• Like 2

It's a joke in all honesty, the BSPA & their new rules. I believe Swindon voted against them all as we could see a cheaper, watered down product. Basically it's 2 x premier leagues, jokers!!!

I can see Swindon's 1-7 looking completely different come July, may as well abuse the ridiculous rules in place. Anyone want a foreigner on a 7......

3 2016 premier league reserves in our top flight team. The fans will be rushing back!!! rubbish points limit because certain bandits can't run a club properly so clubs like Swindon are getting punished. Crowds will dip at Swindon and we could go the same way as others. They are killing the sport.

I bet they still expect us to pay the same price for these weakened teams. Then they question why crowds are down at tracks

I bet they still expect us to pay the same price for these weakened teams. Then they question why crowds are down at tracks

It's been like this for about 10 years now - ever since they brought in the 39.95 points limit.

Every year they drag teams further down to the lowest common denominator and as a result we've had a decade of sharp decline.

Still, good news for those who thik the sport should be run at PL level so that the promoters know the names of everyone in the crowd.

• Like 1

Is BWD really the same average as Josh Bates? I was expecting him to be a 3 or around that, not a 5. Thought he would be a reserve

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

It's a joke in all honesty, the BSPA & their new rules. I believe Swindon voted against them all as we could see a cheaper, watered down product. Basically it's 2 x premier leagues, jokers!!!

I can see Swindon's 1-7 looking completely different come July, may as well abuse the ridiculous rules in place. Anyone want a foreigner on a 7......

Which ridiculous rules?

Where to start.......Averages x 1.4 for team building meaning some riders can't attain that average, a 50 point limit based on that, premier league averages used from last year, young forgeiners on a 7, I believe it was said last night that this could apply to all foreigners, shall I go on.......

3 clubs were financially strickened this year, I dread to think what next year's league will do to teams!!!!

Which ridiculous rules?

Edited by hyabb17

Ok but you said "the team would be completely different in July. may as well abuse the ridiculous rules." Which rules are u going to abuse and how?

• Like 1