British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Little Thumper

Buxton Hitmen V Birmingham Brummies - Nl - 2/10/16

Well, this is the BIG ONE that so many supporters of REAL speedway have been looking forward to.

The Brummies have been having a pretty reasonable season up to this point but I am sure that Mr Pipe will soon point out in his weekly address to his congregation, that spell of good luck is about to run out for our chums from the Midlands.

Many naysayers have tried to suggest that The Hitmens' crushing defeat of the Blue Rinsers last Sunday was some kind of a flash in the pan victory gifted to the gallant Dalesmen as a result of an uncharacteristic generosity of spirit on behalf of our day-trippers from the seaside.

Well, this Sunday's clash will be the proof of the pudding. Oh yes, indeedy.

I am expecting a hard-fought encounter out of which gallant little Buxton will emerge as the David having slain the Goliath of National League speedway.

Usually, a decent few Birmingham fans travel up the cobbled motorway for this great event and it is always a pleasure to see them. And I suppose it must be nice for them to get a few, free lungfuls of our lovely, clean air.

And at this moment in time (lunchtime on Wednesday), the weather forecast is looking pretty promising so Be There or Be Square.

:t:

• Like 1

Well, I shall be there but I doubt if Buxton will get much joy unless Drury makes the same mistake as Dugard in his selection of reserves!

Glad that Buxton have honoured their commitment to host the Brummies this season...I wonder if Belle Vue will do us the honours too?

Glad that Buxton have honoured their commitment to host the Brummies this season...I wonder if Belle Vue will do us the honours too?

Hope BV do find a date before end of October for the Colts v Brummies, look forward to that.

Can't make Buxton on Sunday but want to get over for the double header the following week. Is it still definitely a 3pm start?

Back on topic, good luck to the Hitmen on Sunday.

I think the Brummies main concern will be avoiding any more injuries with their epic encounter aginst the Heathens looming.

A good and safe meeting to all concerned.

I think the Brummies main concern will be avoiding any more injuries with their epic encounter aginst the Heathens looming.

A good and safe meeting to all concerned.

After the valiant Hitmen despatched the Blue Rinsers last week, some wag had the nerve to suggest that our seaside friends were on some kind of mission to lower their averages and so were letting the Buxton riders give them a sound thrashing.

Well clearly, that was a rather far-fetched proposition from a sore loser who was unable to admit that the better team won on the day.

Surely, our Brum chums can't be worried that poor, little, bottom of the league Buxton are going to put up a spirited and forceful opposition?

Give it LARGE, Buxton.

:party:

Well, I'm beginning to get a little worried now.

It is the day before our battle against those rough, tough Brummies and still no words of wisdom from our leader, Mr Pipe!

I have been checking the website every couple of hours eager to devour Jason's verbal outpourings but nothing but silence.

Now either Mr Pipe feels that nothing needs to be said as all the Buxton faithful are brimming with confidence and are quietly anticipating another magnificent victory,

OR

Mr Pipe is still living the high life on that £20 that I gave him last Sunday and once he emerges from his alcohol-fuelled stupor, he will be a blur of dynamic, managerial activity,

OR

he is struggling to put a team together as riders have decided to snap up last minute Shearings coach holiday deals and are having a short break in Eastbourne.

I remain confident that once the excitement level has been raised just a little higher, the Buxton Hitmen equipe will be unveiled and Jason Pipe's worthy monologue will be available for the entertainment and enlightenment of speedway fans everywhere.

:unsure:

• Like 1

Well, I'm beginning to get a little worried now.

It is the day before our battle against those rough, tough Brummies and still no words of wisdom from our leader, Mr Pipe!

I have been checking the website every couple of hours eager to devour Jason's verbal outpourings but nothing but silence.

Now either Mr Pipe feels that nothing needs to be said as all the Buxton faithful are brimming with confidence and are quietly anticipating another magnificent victory,

OR

Mr Pipe is still living the high life on that £20 that I gave him last Sunday and once he emerges from his alcohol-fuelled stupor, he will be a blur of dynamic, managerial activity,

OR

he is struggling to put a team together as riders have decided to snap up last minute Shearings coach holiday deals and are having a short break in Eastbourne.

I remain confident that once the excitement level has been raised just a little higher, the Buxton Hitmen equipe will be unveiled and Jason Pipe's worthy monologue will be available for the entertainment and enlightenment of speedway fans everywhere.

:unsure:

I am loving your enthusiasm.

But we have bigger fish to fry and the truth is that this is a match we are just looking to survive with our remaining riders intact. I think, for that very reason, this will probably be a win for Buxton. If so make sure you enjoy it.

• Like 1

I am loving your enthusiasm.

But we have bigger fish to fry and the truth is that this is a match we are just looking to survive with our remaining riders intact. I think, for that very reason, this will probably be a win for Buxton. If so make sure you enjoy it.

That's the spirit, guitar_art!

Get your excuses in BEFORE you are put to the sword by the noble Dalesmen.

That's where our seaside pals went wrong last week - they only dreamt up their feeble excuses after they had been sent packing.

As long as we get some half-decent racing and nobody does themselves a mischief, then I think we will all be happy campers.

• Like 1

That's the spirit, guitar_art!

Get your excuses in BEFORE you are put to the sword by the noble Dalesmen.

That's where our seaside pals went wrong last week - they only dreamt up their feeble excuses after they had been sent packing.

As long as we get some half-decent racing and nobody does themselves a mischief, then I think we will all be happy campers.

You still think they were trying? This week we've had more wins than you have this season....
  • Like 1

You still think they were trying? This week we've had more wins than you have this season...

We're late-developers and besides, we are trying to keep our averages down so we can spring a surprise on people next year!

I have heard it rumoured that some top riders are looking to get away from some of these pampered southern outfits and come and ride for a gritty northern team like Buxton.

If you manage to get a place in the Hitmen squad for 2017, you get to race in an environment where you get to savour our beautiful, crisp Peak District air, you can admire the panoramic views as you race round our purpose-built state of the art facility and you get all the sheep that you feel you can handle.

Anyway, I can't waste my time tittle-tattling on here. I've got to get my butties done for tomorrow's epic.

Be careful out there - it's a dangerous world.

• Like 2

i hope next season the speedway star give the elbow to whoever writes the buxton race reports and head hunts LT. then it would be worth £2.90.

• Like 2

Cracking weather forecast for tomorrow. Might just need my sun tan cream!

Strangely, the Pipe monologue has still not appeared on Buxton's website and our friends, the Brummies make no mention of the event on their website thingy.

Come on guys, someone must at least know who is riding?

Does anyone follow these things on Twatter or whatever and might be able to provide a bit more information for us waiting plebs?

:blink: