British Speedway Forum

Bought a box of amazon for £46 and I watch all the speedway I like and football /films anything on sky brilliant

Too true...... There are some wonderful boxes available enabling access to sport / Movies from all over the world.. The Amazon box is just one , so is the Fire stick, but there are boxes galore to choice from. Before long all TV will be streamed this way..........

For the speedway fans he can watch all the main league action that is broadcast live . As with every aspect of the sport, we the British, are miles behind in comparison to other countries. Because other countries operate on a fixed day basis, they are able to broadcast live action every week...

Too true...... There are some wonderful boxes available enabling access to sport / Movies from all over the world.. The Amazon box is just one , so is the Fire stick, but there are boxes galore to choice from. Before long all TV will be streamed this way..........

For the speedway fans he can watch all the main league action that is broadcast live . As with every aspect of the sport, we the British, are miles behind in comparison to other countries. Because other countries operate on a fixed day basis, they are able to broadcast live action every week...

Whats the box called from Amazon ?.

Ive been with Sky since it was launched (1992 ?),and dread to think how much ive put into their pockets,must be in the thousands now.

Ive got chromecast so that i can watch the Gp,s,next day from You Tube on the TV,but a bit reluctant to take out anymore more subscriptions from BT.

Sky never seem to look after their valued customers,so im now thinking of alternatives.But i do want to watch the transmissons on the TV and not on the computer.

Thanks.

Ive been with Sky since it was launched (1992 ?),and dread to think how much ive put into their pockets,must be in the thousands now.

Ive got chromecast so that i can watch the Gp,s,next day from You Tube on the TV,but a bit reluctant to take out anymore more subscriptions from BT.

Sky never seem to look after their valued customers,so im now thinking of alternatives.But i do want to watch the transmissons on the TV and not on the computer.

Thanks.

Attach your PC to the TV....

Thanks.

Thanks.

go on amazon put in android box and then take you pick read the reviews

Thanks.

You, me and millions of others have all donated to Sky's purse...

It was because of this I began to look else where. I was amazed at the selection available to buy . Searching on EBay, I was unindated with choices. Amazon too offer a good line in Android boxes. I started off with a cheap version and have since updated to a much more powerful one. The main issue with these boxes is that you need a good broadband connection. ( I have gone to Fibre Optic now) and the results are as good as normal tele...

Kodi seems to be the most used option and is supplied with umpteen designs to suit everyone idea. I am at a loss to understand why everybody hasn't got one of these. They are that good, that every person who see it working go away and order one themselves. ..

And to think I was once spending £84.00 / month on sky and BT now I pay nothing.........

• Like 2

Kodi seems to be the most used option and is supplied with umpteen designs to suit everyone idea. I am at a loss to understand why everybody hasn't got one of these.

Id say it's because many people aren't ok with committing theft...
  • Like 4

Id say it's because many people aren't ok with committing theft...

Theft ?? Theft from whom.???? Every channel is broadcasted all over the world on the internet . This is not solely about SKY and BT If they didn't want people to take advantage from it, they shouldn't broadcast through the masses...as do every other Broadcasting. all over the world. Europe, USA Africa, Australia. Why should we have such a moral high ground.????

It's theft from whoever paid for the rights to screen whatever it is you are watching. Which in turn means it's ultimately theft from the sports body, movie studio etc.

It's not taking a moral high ground - i havent passed any judgement here - to call it theft, it's staying a fact.

No different to watching a pirated dvd, illegally downloading music etc.

Long term the question is who funds movies for example, if noone pays to watch them? Already in the music industry we see artists making moat of their money ftom touring, because music sales have dramatically decreased - and not because less people are listening to music.

• Like 2

It's theft from whoever paid for the rights to screen whatever it is you are watching. Which in turn means it's ultimately theft from the sports body, movie studio etc.

It's not taking a moral high ground - i havent passed any judgement here - to call it theft, it's staying a fact.

No different to watching a pirated dvd, illegally downloading music etc.

Long term the question is who funds movies for example, if noone pays to watch them? Already in the music industry we see artists making moat of their money ftom touring, because music sales have dramatically decreased - and not because less people are listening to music.

Technically you could be right, but not all broadcasts are pay to view, so watching them on a streaming box is committing no offence.

Each year we spent 2/3 months in Spain during the winter period. Because of the poor television stations at the villa, I investigated the option of a small TV box, solely for the wife to keep abreast with the various soap she follows. We were amazed at the capability of these boxes, and realised we could have a far bigger selection than we ever had before. Tuning in to NBC in America, on Saturday afternoon we had the choice of watching any live match anywhere, be it in UK, Germany, Holland Spain , the choice was endless. At that time I was paying Sky silly money, but never had these options.

BBC and ITV are transmitted all over the world on the internet these days and nobody has to pay a dine. They finance it all through advertising and franchise. You will see thousands of companies from all corners of the globe doing the same thing. SKY and BT are just money making enterprises. with no moral concern only to rip people off. Had the cost stayed at an affordable level then probably more people would continue with their subscription.

These boxes offer me the opportunity to watch events I would never be able to see. Sunday I watch Poland, Tuesday its Sweden, Wednesday usually Denmark, all speedway action, and not one of those are transmitted on Sky , Moto-cross, and Super Cars are other enjoyments of mine, and through this box I can see them all. .

I am not a thief, and always pay my way. I paid Nat Ins and taxes all my life I have no problem using these boxes. If Sky stopped transmitting on the net I would still use this box in preference to their high monthly charge.

Before long every house hold will be using these boxes.....

Edited by GRW123

I'd say there are two categories bere:

Items that you cannot easily pay to view within your country of residence (e.g. polish speedway) I see no issue.

But for British speedway, GPs, movies etc. I struggle to see any argument as to how this is not theft.

Of course sky and BT are money making entities. All businesses are. But it's like saying bp are a money making entity who charge too much so I won't pay for my petrol if I can get away with it.

I'm not passing judgement here on uses of boxes, nor denying that I have ever viewed things which have not been paid for, but I'm honest enough to know that doing do IS theft in many instances.

as I explained earlier my use of words 'goes with the territory' was a point to say that in Poole they condone rule breaking a la Matt Ford and Pooles record in the past.

But why the compulsive need to link a totally unrelated item (use of illegal streams) back to Poole speedway? That's why you can irritate people, because almost every topic you manage to turn into a dig at poole.
  • Like 1

But why the compulsive need to link a totally unrelated item (use of illegal streams) back to Poole speedway? That's why you can irritate people, because almost every topic you manage to turn into a dig at poole.

Because he made it clear from day one for whatever reason he doesn't like us.

Because he made it clear from day one for whatever reason he doesn't like us.

go back over the thread. Shovlar said he streamed it in

What utter nonsense.

So you are saying no one should watch Polish speedway in this country unless they splash out on a motorised dish then try and trace where they can buy a legit card?

I must be a right criminal as I watch the 3 pm Saturday football kickoffs as well. Guess the old bill will smash my door down in a dawn raid. Think I can safely sleep in my bed without that happening.

You stick to your morally high ground and leave watching the Polish speedway on Sunday afternoon to me.

there is his post to say he also watches the football to.

I'd say there are two categories bere:

Items that you cannot easily pay to view within your country of residence (e.g. polish speedway) I see no issue.

But for British speedway, GPs, movies etc. I struggle to see any argument as to how this is not theft.

Of course sky and BT are money making entities. All businesses are. But it's like saying bp are a money making entity who charge too much so I won't pay for my petrol if I can get away with it.

I'm not passing judgement here on uses of boxes, nor denying that I have ever viewed things which have not been paid for, but I'm honest enough to know that doing do IS theft in many instances.

I have no axe to grind with you or others on this issue of TV boxes. Everybody are entitled to their opinion. Any moral responsibility I may have had, disappeared when it was pointed out to me that these companies use the net for cheap streaming of programs all over the world knowing that the more countries see their products the more they charge for advertising. They do this hoping counties will be watching their programs...

I don't see the two issues here, either it's wrong or it's not. You agree we can watch Polish speedway on the box but can't watch the SGP transmitted through polish TV. I find that strange!!!!

Also, If you wanted to watch new movies on release, the box fails on the quality of poor recording, but waiting a few months and the movie is posted professionally and can be seen in vivid HD reception. Any monies that changes hands do so in the first months, after than its old news and the appeal has gone. On the box you have the full library of all the films dating back years. The box gives you the opportunity to watch films you would not normally be able to see,