British Speedway Forum

1 poor season doesn't reflect on Tai's ability.

However lets just say I agree with you for a second.

How come G​avan and Co think its right for Milik to come in on a 7.00 average when Vaclav has an EL average of 5.68 obtained within the last 2 seasons.

Yet the same people sa​y Tai should come in on his current EL average?

If Milik is a 7.00 r​ider in Britain then Woffinden is a 10.00.

Think you'll find Gavan and co, as you call them, would like to see any rider who Poole may be interested in come in on 10 point averages, then they will all be happy!!!!! Poole interested in Dan Bewley? Must be a 10 point average it's only fair!! FFS!!!

As you say, why should Milik not be able to come in on his 2015 average?? Madsen hasn't ridden here since 2010, but his average MUST be increased?? Why?? When he last rode here he was only a reserve!!

It only riders Poole may want to sign who's averages MUST be increased, if every riders average has to be increased, let give Lindgren, Woffinden, Iversen, Zagar, Holder, Doyle and any other GP rider 11 point averages......it's the fair thing to do......Bet there would be an out cry by the usual few if THEIR teams riders average were increased!!!!!

Batch would make a good number 8 ....

He would be an even better no.9...... :rofl:

There are some riders who perform better in PL opposed to EL (Sarjeant, Nielsen), and others who perform better in EL as opposed to PL (Bates, Newman). There are always going to be quirks.

If you want to create a fair average/grading list, you'd probably have to take both leagues into account.

It's just amusing how so many people jump on Newman's back simply because he rides for Poole, but hardly anything gets said about Bates who is doing practically the same for Coventry. Double standards anyone?

There is a bit of a difference.

Newman has ridden as a PL heat leader for a couple of seasons. Bates has only just moved out of the reserve berth this season so is clearly still finding his way at both levels.

• Like 1

There are some riders who perform better in PL opposed to EL (Sarjeant, Nielsen), and others who perform better in EL as opposed to PL (Bates, Newman). There are always going to be quirks.

If you want to create a fair average/grading list, you'd probably have to take both leagues into account.

It's just amusing how so many people jump on Newman's back simply because he rides for Poole, but hardly anything gets said about Bates who is doing practically the same for Coventry. Double standards anyone?

All to do with Poole not gaining their usual advantage of course!

think its about time newman started at number 2 for poole . and grabbed the bull by the horns for the next stage of development. instead of taking easy wages in reserve

After 6 years of EL experience and 3 years on the draft, surely Newman won't be allowed on it again. It's meant to be to improve the riders so they can move in to the top 5.

If he's still not ready after all these years then he never will be.

Always find it strange how he hasn't improved in the PL. I would have expected him to be averaging more than 6 in that league

• Like 2

Think you'll find Gavan and co, as you call them, would like to see any rider who Poole may be interested in come in on 10 point averages, then they will all be happy!!!!! Poole interested in Dan Bewley? Must be a 10 point average it's only fair!! FFS!!!

As you say, why should Milik not be able to come in on his 2015 average?? Madsen hasn't ridden here since 2010, but his average MUST be increased?? Why?? When he last rode here he was only a reserve!!

It only riders Poole may want to sign who's averages MUST be increased, if every riders average has to be increased, let give Lindgren, Woffinden, Iversen, Zagar, Holder, Doyle and any other GP rider 11 point averages......it's the fair thing to do......Bet there would be an out cry by the usual few if THEIR teams riders average were increased!!!!!

He would be an even better no.9...... :rofl:

as i said read my earlier posts

Said Milik should be on his old average

Said Ellis should be an EDR rider

Though it is time for Newman to not be a reserve.

Cant see how that is anti Poole in any way at all

If riders like Newman aren't a reserve next season then it will be NL wobblers at reserve and that is not EL speedway.

If Newman is not a reserve next season then neither should any of these riders.

Auty, Bates, Howarth, Kerr, Starke, S. Worrall & Wright

Short spell with King's Lynn.

Bates British U21 champion also scored well in the 1-5.

If MF gets on the phone to Josh then I am sure your opinion would change about Josh being a reserve.

Read my post below ive quoted who we could have in the reserve berths and yes the likes of Worrall, Starke, Newman should be nowhere near the reserve berths i agree with you

This is a Poole 2017 thread

People are discussing possible riders and Newman is one of those, so his average for next year is very important i would say

And nobody is having a go at Newman just making sure he has a fair average

Not sure why age comes into it to be honest , for me age is irrelevent.

The time has come that the likes of Worrall , Newman, Auty, Starke and possibly Howarth need to make the move into being a second string.

Those riders that were number 7's last year should now be the number 6's and then blood the next generation.

I would like to see the following riders as the top level EDR riders (on the right averages!)

Jacobs, Sarjeant, Simon Lambert, Branford, Ellis, Stefan Nielsen, Clegg , Ashley Morris (Ellis the highest average of those)

Then we can look at the next youngsters as the number 7's the likes of

Perry, Bewley, Hume, Perks, Dean-Wilson, Wajknecht for example.

I wouldnt call any of the guys ive mentioned as wobblers and it is young Brits

And as you can see ive included Ellis as an EDR so there is no Poole bias from me at all

Edited by Gavan

I said Gavan and Co.

I wasn't just pointing out you.

Your contribution is the Newman part.

Newman only averaged 4.33 at Home in the 1-5. I don't understand where you get 4.5 to 5 from.

Because the PL is a tough league and the PL averages reflect on the riders true ability.

EL reserve averages are fake.

You can take up to 7 rides per meeting at reserve which would result in your average being increased.

Most of the time EL teams end up getting NL wobblers as guests gifting EL reserve riders easy points money left, right and centre.

And yet 2 of the draft riders Garrity and Worrall both have 8 averages in the same tough PL and that's riding in harder races as heatleaders. If they are racing against "NL Wobblers" then surely it's easier to score points

I said Gavan and Co.

I wasn't just pointing out you.

Your contribution is the Newman part.

Newman only averaged 4.33 at Home in the 1-5. I don't understand where you get 4.5 to 5 from.

Because the PL is a tough league and the PL averages reflect on the riders true ability.

EL reserve averages are fake.

You can take up to 7 rides per meeting at reserve which would result in your average being increased.

Most of the time EL teams end up getting NL wobblers as guests gifting EL reserve riders easy points money left, right and centre.

You said Gavan and co and referred to Milik. I never said Milik was a 7 so why you had to use my name is beyond me.

And if you read my posts you will see that i feel if Newman was at reserve he need to be a 5

And if he was a second string he should be lower to reflect his scoring abilitys. Somewhere as you have highlighted around 4 -4.5

What is quite clear from your post is one thing:

Kyle Newman finished on 5.52

You say in the main team he averaged 4.33 (at home)

So his average from reserve must have been over 6.00

And yet some on here see no reason why he shouldnt be 3.79 in the reserve berth???

You having fun again gavan

No not at all.

Just giving an opinion.

Tarred with the brush that its all anti Poole when i said Milik should have his old average and that Ellis could be an EDR - 2 things that quite clearly benefit Poole that im in agreement with.

I'm just amazed that 'EDRs' feature on a 2017 thread?!

• Like 1

Milik was great in his first match for Lynn at Saddlebow Road but something went wrong big time as we didn't see that same form anymore ......

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. What I do not understand is why Gavin, Starman and others think they are the ones that are right.

What they all must realise they can put their thoughts but can not say x is going is defiantly above this average or should be that.

People always have their own favourite team but do not have an imput as to what the BSPA decide.

As I said you always look out for your team so all I can say is come on you Rebels.

• Like 1

Seriously comparing the two? Bates started last season (2015) as a PL reserve with a 3pt average and has now progressed into the top 5 with a 5 pt average. He's improved in 2 seasons. Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

And a good No.4

Not on his EL average I wouldn't. No value in Adam's EL average imo.

But tbf, Adam rode over half the season in the main body of the tea, so his average is a lot less inflated than most EDR. He and S Worrall have averaes which actually reflect their performances.

1 poor season doesn't reflect on Tai's ability.

However lets just say I agree with you for a second.

How come G​avan and Co think its right for Milik to come in on a 7.00 average when Vaclav has an EL average of 5.68 obtained within the last 2 seasons.

Yet the same people sa​y Tai should come in on his current EL average?

If Milik is a 7.00 r​ider in Britain then Woffinden is a 10.00.

Actually, I'd say Ellis should be a 5,5, Newman should be a 4.5, Milik a 9, and Woffy a 10.5. Ellis/Newman using wieghted average based on EL performances, Milik and Tai based on their performances in Poland/Sweden, given that neither raced a full season here in 2016.