British Speedway Forum

Does he, not sure he does..

course he doesnt , hmmm tell me again he he was able to get Newman last season?

course he doesnt , hmmm tell me again he he was able to get Newman last season?

Ive just said he DOESN'T get his way, all you've done is seconded it.

If Matt got his own way we would have had shared no1's by now and a 45 point limit based on EL averages not PL ones.

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

If Matt got his own way we would have had shared no1's by now and a 45 point limit based on EL averages not PL ones.

One has to wonder what will happen after next season. Think the powers that be have rather stumped themselves, and backed themselves into a corner..

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

Makes me LOL people saying Matt Fords team building is wrong. The guy wins league titles for fun! 1 bad season in what, 18 years? I think he knows how to make the most of the rules in any given season!

Awful decision to not sign Chris Holder, in my opinion. Noddy is worth all 2.5 points more per meeting than Hans is*. MADNESS I tells ya!

*I'm assuming Hans will be our No.1.

Awful decision to not sign Chris Holder, in my opinion. Noddy is worth all 2.5 points more per meeting than Hans is*. MADNESS I tells ya!

*I'm assuming Hans will be our No.1.

Time will tell.

Makes me LOL people saying Matt Fords team building is wrong. The guy wins league titles for fun! 1 bad season in what, 18 years? I think he knows how to make the most of the rules in any given season!

Reason I'm arguing for Holder is that every team is likely to drop their total GSA of 50, unless they are vastly superior to all other teams in the league. So secure the services of one of the league's top stars, who should average 10+ and rest in the knowledge you have a go-to guy for golden JOKE rule and Ht 13/15.

• Like 1

"Sadly, because of the new rules, it's clear to see that even if he were to score a 12-point maximum every meeting, effectively we would be giving away half a point in our team-building structure."

This ignores the fact that teams are builfing to 50 buy will average 42. Multiply x .85 to get what a rider needs to score to "maintsin" their average. So for c holder, he would need to average 10.4 . Which he will comfortably do. In fact, if you assume you need your number one to average 2 in the nominated heat, he need average around 10 to be worth his average.

So if that quote is ford, he is either telling porkies, or not as astute as his followers make out. Which could it be..?

Would add that I'm not saying ford should have signed holder, can certainly see logic in a side like Gater1 has outlined above, though would swap starke/perks for batch/2pter.

Would happily see holder at belle vue.

• Like 1

I don't agree, strength in depth for me.

What don't you agree with? The fact no team in the Premiership will maintain their (up to) 50.00 GSA, or my argument for signing Chris Holder!?

Reason I'm arguing for Holder is that every team is likely to drop their total GSA of 50, unless they are vastly superior to all other teams in the league. So secure the services of one of the league's top stars, who should average 10+ and rest in the knowledge you have a go-to guy for golden JOKE rule and Ht 13/15.

correct

if Doyle rides for Swindon and Holder , Zagar and Iversen dont ride over here then Doyle should be good for 14 or 15 points every meeting and that is a massive amount.

every team , and 90% of riders will drop their average thats a fact.

correct

if Doyle rides for Swindon and Holder , Zagar and Iversen dont ride over here then Doyle should be good for 14 or 15 points every meeting and that is a massive amount.

every team , and 90% of riders will drop their average thats a fact.

It is not a fact til it actual happens. Kyle's average could increase, so could Brady's. So that's two riders so far in your ten percent. Josh Bates would probably increase too.

What don't you agree with? The fact no team in the Premiership will maintain their (up to) 50.00 GSA, or my argument for signing Chris Holder!?

In first half of last season who held the team together it was Hans not Chris Holder! I don't want two weak riders in the 1-5 to accommodate Chris, we have done a lot of seasons with top heavy teams. Time for strength in depth. Let's see how Swindon get on with it. Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

im confused by people saying Holder couldnt maintain his average!

Its the same across the board! ALL elite league riders have had an average increase and premier league averages come across

Could King and Cook as 2 examples maintain their averages?? 90% of riders will lose up to 2 points minimum on their averages so surely its relative.

Poole have got Newman on a very good average and to be fair Jack Holders is good to.

Missed a trick not signing Chris to help his brother.

Holder snr

Holder jnr

Ellis

Newman

Kurtz

Leaves roughly 8.5 for 2 other riders or take Kurtz out have a 9 pointer and then a 4 and 3 pointer.

Holder, 9 pointer, Ellis or Jack would be a strong enough heat leader trio. They would get near enough 30 points a meeting minimum.

My mate Matt says you're gonna be taking over his role when he retires as you know so much about his club.

No wonder they dropped the Elite title there's gonna be no 'world class' riders at all soon in UK. I guarantee at the end of next season there will be more drastic changes again to salvage this sinking sport in Britain as much as I love it.

ABANDON SHIP!!!!!!! SOS

Jack Holder confirmed as signing number 1!

Bit of a risk on a 7+ average for his first year in the EL but I guess time will tell.

Shame for Holder but to be fair he did spend a lot of time moaning about the British tracks including Pooles. The question is, if Poole aren't willing to sign Holder on a 12 average, will they attempt to sign KK who is only 1pt lower or go for somebody like Hans?