British Speedway Forum
mickthemuppet

Semi Final Ipswich V Somerset

Rumour has it, paco will be signing for the rebels next season.

Would make them favourites for the league again then.

is that you macca after you have 'lost' £200 in Spearmint Rhino?

Absolutely - either that or a 59 years and 361 day old mans attempts at an Emoji, lol

We need our 3 heat leaders to come up with 30 minimum between them.

King only had 1 ride their but won it

Nico and Ben both struggled there though Morten did ok as did James

I would like to think Joe will like the track but so will Branford.

We need to keep this to within 12 in my opinion

Usual question: Will you be gracing us with your presence (and presents) on 14th Gavan? The Massif will be one man down and could do with you swelling Massif End.

Delighted that the Witches managed to get this far after such a crap start to the season but now seeing as we are here come on Witches lets win the whole bloody thing !!!

To right Pob. Who would have thought. eh? All this is a bone arse for the riders and the supporters - and the Club's coffers.

Will the Witches be the last 2017 Thread started on here and will the 2016 Thread finish with more posts and views than any other club's - the real important stuff?

Looking at those line-ups, it seems obvious that Ipswich are waiting on Danyon's medical report and possible run out tomorrow. If he is ready, do they pull rank and stop him riding for the Brummies on Thursday and give him a go on a track that should suit him?

Looking at the Teams listed by LS, the Rebels have picked really well with their Guest Reserves, imo. Branford will be ace around the OTA, kicking off the Turn 2 fence and Tom Bacon has been brilliant every time I have seen him this season, but may be a little knocked about still. If Dynamite Dan is not ready, and no disrespect to CC, I would drop JPB in there at No. 7. Absolutely flying at the moment and full of confidence.

• Like 1

Would be great if Danyon is ready - think the OTA could suit him.

Main thing is he doesnt take any undue risk. His health is far more important than a potential point or 2 more for the Witches.

Still cant decide what I feel the score will end up on Friday. Would settle for anything within 14 points tbh.

Hears hoping for an exciting tie a Witches triumph!

• Like 1

And all riders stay safe. The Rebs have suffered badly recently.

Think I have just found out who is at No. 7 for the Witches, but have been asked to keep it under my cat for the time being.... sorry.

EDIT: (It does say on the Rebels website: No. 7 TBC (G) .... which would mean a "Guest".

Edited by macca56
  • Like 1

Witches in with a real shout in this semi final , the wheels are definitely coming off the Somerset wagon .

We will see, but if we do lose and Ippo win the rip offs they can kid themselves try were the best team in 2016.

Interesting comment by Pete Adams last night when Wolves were demolishing the Aces, saying basically to be Champs you need to just get to the final and win that match, ,don't matter about the other 24 matches. I know I keep going on about it , it is such a stupid thing in Speedway.

Edited by Cliffeboy
  • Like 2

We will see, but if we do lose and Ippo win the rip offs they can kid themselves try were the best team in 2016.

No kidding ourselves Cliffeboy as we know we were fortunate to scrape into the Play Offs and that the Rebels won the PL by miles and were unbeatable - at one stage of the season.

The Witches Massif Underdogs in this Semi-Final.

• Like 2

Usual question: Will you be gracing us with your presence (and presents) on 14th Gavan? The Massif will be one man down and could do with you swelling Massif End.

Yes im going and bringing my mate along who has only ever seen 1 meeting before ............which was Risagers testimonial in arctic conditions!!

I have yet to meet the 'massif' where abouts are you and i may well show my face!!

I normally stand just to the right of the main stand on the entry to the the first bend but from time to time move about but its going to be freezing down the back straight!

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

Will be interesting to find out who we are using at no7 on Friday, common sense says it would be to find a ringer who likes the OTA, a bit like Sheffield who found guests that love the Newcastle track as we saw the other night. It's gonna be tough to find a 3pt reserve thats likely to score a few but anything is possible.

What's the obsession about if Gavan goes or not

Someone that's used to round style tracks like shanes would be my bet

What's the obsession about if Gavan goes or not

Someone that's used to round style tracks like shanes would be my bet

No obsession, just asking. Are you obsessed about a possible obsession, lol?

It won't be Shanes

Yes im going and bringing my mate along who has only ever seen 1 meeting before ............which was Risagers testimonial in arctic conditions!!

I have yet to meet the 'massif' where abouts are you and i may well show my face!!

I normally stand just to the right of the main stand on the entry to the the first bend but from time to time move about but its going to be freezing down the back straight!

Good stuff Gavan. Will be good to put a face to a name. You will know where the Massif are if you have ears, but back straight opposite the start finish line at the end of the big seating before the break. Just look for balloons and stuff.

Will be interesting to find out who we are using at no7 on Friday,

The "Guest" is busy rebuilding two blown engines as we post

Hi guy's. Being a women I do worry about people, so can I ask if anyone knows what's happened to RH55. One minute he was here and now he has gone. I do hope he hasn't been scared off.

• Like 1

Hi guy's. Being a women I do worry about people, so can I ask if anyone knows what's happened to RH55. One minute he was here and now he has gone. I do hope he hasn't been scared off.

The Massif is inclusive Kitty so do visit Massif End, you will be most welcome :wink:

And do not be concerned. RH55 is in Turkey preparing for the annual Paragliding Festival in Oludeniz that starts next week. He is a paragliding expert and won many competitions and tournaments around the world and has said that he will paraglide into Foxhall Heath if the Witches make the PLPO Final - and he can find a tall enough hill in Suffolk.

We already have one Massif member arranging to sky dive onto the Centre Green for the Final - if the Witches make it.

As CL hasn't fulfilled his promise to have some Fan Interaction this season, some of the Massif have taken the bull by the cow bell and are arranging the entertainment themselves.

• Like 1

Why thank you for your offer, but it's far closer to the action where I currently reside, although never say never.

Are you now coming on the 13th,? It's just that I have seen you have written about meeting someone face to face, but previously mentioned that you will unfortunately not be attending.