British Speedway Forum

Meh.. I don't know the two #7's at all.

You didn't know that Freddie had won a GP so your speedway knowledge is a little flawed these days.

• Like 4

An awful lot of pressure being put on young Holder by Poole fans, let's hope for their sake he can handle it.

I think too much, it would be sensible to see how he copes in the Premier League before all this hype.

As for him and Brady being the next turbo twins well that is very optimistic at this time in their careers.

I think too much, it would be sensible to see how he copes in the Premier League before all this hype.

As for him and Brady being the next turbo twins well that is very optimistic at this time in their careers.

Yes i agree there is a lot of preasure on Jack the Poole fans seem to expect big things time will tell but the figures tell us that in 2015 jack ended on a Prem average of 7.10 and 7.16 in 2016 not a massive improvement.

Kurtz moved up last year on a Prem average of 8.73 and achived an average of 7.65 in his short stint in the Prem league this year so the averages say that Kurtz is the better rider at the momment.But as we know Kurtz did nowhere near what people thought he would do in last years Elite league.So Pooles season could depend very much on how these two perform next year and at this time the jury says who knows.

Kurtz struggled in the play off at Monmore but was ok in the league meeting, i don't think he has a problem with the track, we don't really know if Jack will struggle like his brother used to.

That is because we have seen him ride and think he has a lot of potential.

Nobody had more potential then Robert Lambert. In the three years in the Elite league we have seen him steadily improve but this did not happen straight away. I also think young Holder has a lot of potential but to expect it with immediate effect I think is very harsh and puts too much responsibility for someone of that experience.

Kurtz did OK last year and will, I imagine, go better this year. But listening to some of the punters on here success is guaranteed to every one with potential. Life is not like that... I hope Holder and Kurtz are given the time to develop their skills and not over pressurised to get immediate results.....

Poole are not known as a club to wait for success, they want it straight away..... Only time will tell.......

Nobody had more potential then Robert Lambert. In the three years in the Elite league we have seen him steadily improve but this did not happen straight away. I also think young Holder has a lot of potential but to expect it with immediate effect I think is very harsh and puts too much responsibility for someone of that experience.

Kurtz did OK last year and will, I imagine, go better this year. But listening to some of the punters on here success is guaranteed to every one with potential. Life is not like that... I hope Holder and Kurtz are given the time to develop their skills and not over pressurised to get immediate results.....

Poole are not known as a club to wait for success, they want it straight away..... Only time will tell.......

Spot on.

Last season we were hearing how good Kurtz was going to be and he never lived up to it. Now we are hearing the same thing about Holder and the same could easily happen again.

Anyway back to Wolves and its a 1-7 that will easily qualify for the play offs despite Shovlars usual guff.

They would also be favourites over Poole over 2 legs in my eyes due to how the Poole boys go at Monmore. KK last season got only 5 points from 4 rides and ran 2 lasts showing his usual lack of interest.

In fact if you look at the last scores of the Poole boys , KK 5 , Kurtz 0 (and only 6 from reserve), Klindt 0 (from number 5) Newman 14 (from reserve) and Hans 13. Add in 2 riders who have never seen the place and prefer bigger track then is obvious Poole will struggle at Monmore.

Poole will be favourites for the league but i would fancy them over 2 legs against Kings Lynn more than Wolves

Edited by Gavan

Spot on.

Last season we were hearing how good Kurtz was going to be and he never lived up to it. Now we are hearing the same thing about Holder and the same could easily happen again.

Anyway back to Wolves and its a 1-7 that will easily qualify for the play offs despite Shovlars usual guff.

They would also be favourites over Poole over 2 legs in my eyes due to how the Poole boys go at Monmore. KK last season got only 5 points from 4 rides and ran 2 lasts showing his usual lack of interest.

In fact if you look at the last scores of the Poole boys , KK 5 , Kurtz 0 (and only 6 from reserve), Klindt 0 (from number 5) Newman 14 (from reserve) and Hans 13. Add in 2 riders who have never seen the place and prefer bigger track then is obvious Poole will struggle at Monmore.

Poole will be favourites for the league but i would fancy them over 2 legs against Kings Lynn more than Wolves

Never said Kurtz was the next superstar, in fact i believe i said he would let us down at crucial times and unfortunately i was proved to be correct.

Maybe too much is being put on young Jack Holder but i have no doubt in my mind he will surpass anything Brady Kurtz achieves in the sport.

Never said Kurtz was the next superstar, in fact i believe i said he would let us down at crucial times and unfortunately i was proved to be correct.

Maybe too much is being put on young Jack Holder but i have no doubt in my mind he will surpass anything Brady Kurtz achieves in the sport.

For your first point mate. Many of us said that last season was a learning curve for Brady, and yet still to many expected to much of Brady. And yes many times have i said Jack will be the better rider, eventually.

Spot on mate. :t:

Edited by Starman2006

Find it amusing to read that so many think Brady was poor last season...don't buy it for one bit , yes he was found wanting in the playoffs but generally had a decent debut hello people debut EL season, if young Jack averages similar then he will probably get the red carpet treatment , some Poole fans treat Kurtz as a weak link or a bit like marmite hells teeth I would have had him over anyone at Swindon bar Doyley this season coming!!

• Like 1

Don't come on here as much now but it's good to look in and see how the southern team's are getting on during the winter months

Not much difference between Wolves and Poole apart from Masters a much better heat leader than Kurtz but Poole much stronger at reserve as Shames won't be far off Clegg but having a strong reserve in Klindt is their big advantage

Not much use though if the top end is dropping points

Brady Kurtz could barely complete a lap at Monmore in the play off semi he was so incompetant a rider, I'm sure he will improve but that must be a concern. Then again Wolves could well be a 3 man team away from Monmore all year if they stick with that septet.

Brady Kurtz could barely complete a lap at Monmore in the play off semi he was so incompetant a rider, I'm sure he will improve but that must be a concern. Then again Wolves could well be a 3 man team away from Monmore all year if they stick with that septet.

Yes it is true he was poor in the play off meeting but was ok in the league meeting so not a track he can't ride