British Speedway Forum

Just read the news about Adam on the Wolves website,very sorry for him as he was obviously making a big effort.Hope he gets a place somewhere else.I am surprised Ricky Wells is not considered because as others have stated he performed well at PK's meeting.Has he done something to upset the Wolves management ?

I don't think so but I for one would love to see him back, he looked a much better rider than when he was here last time

Why would we replace Adam with a 3 pointer, our current GSA for this season is 37.59 and Adams starting average was over 7?

Because the 37.59 you quote include Adam on the 3 he is averaging this season. If you replace him with a 7 point rider before the new CMAs come out that will take you to around the 42 point mark and you won't have anything available to strengthen to your reserves with.

Basically I'd say it comes down to whether you think something like proctor/greaves is stronger than sronicki/Howe.

• Like 1

Because the 37.59 you quote include Adam on the 3 he is averaging this season. If you replace him with a 7 point rider before the new CMAs come out that will take you to around the 42 point mark and you won't have anything available to strengthen to your reserves with.

Basically I'd say it comes down to whether you think something like proctor/greaves is stronger than sronicki/Howe.

Does anyone know how these new GSA's are going to be issued, is it when each team have completed 4 home and aways or is it individual riders, Say for example we replaced Adam with David Howe now, his average is currently 7ish but he has stated that when the new GSA's are issued he will be 4.8. Surely he wont have to wait until he has completed 4 home and away for this to happen, or does he?

Edited by Call me wolfie

Just a thought in past years when reserve's average's have been included in the teams total points allowance to my recollection no rider for team building purposes was ever allowed to have an average less than 3 no matter how low his real average was.If that's the case this year will a number 6 have to stay on a minimum 3 average and a number 7 on a minimum 2 average.

Does anyone know if this type of ruling is in force this year ?.If that's the case would it not take Wolves present total to 39.59 and if so does it make more sense as to why they want to change Adam now.?

Good point and something that should be made clear in the rule book. I'd say a 2 point minimum makes sense.

Does anyone know how these new GSA's are going to be issued, is it when each team have completed 4 home and aways or is it individual riders, Say for example we replaced Adam with David Howe now, his average is currently 7ish but he has stated that when the new GSA's are issued he will be 4.8. Surely he wont have to wait until he has completed 4 home and away for this to happen, or does he?

No one knows. If Howe is a 4.8 and not say a 5.76 it will be a farce.

Despite the warm words on the OS, 'we may not have seen the last of him in Wolves colours', 'helping him to find a new track' (with the appropriate loan fee presumably), it just feels to me that there is more to the dropping of Skornicki than we are being told. Evidence, I have none but the business with his trialling an engine doesn't feel right. If you were a promoter about to sign up a rider for the season you'd run through all sorts of things with them fixtures etc etc. It's implausible that either CVS or Adams didn't discuss equipment, if only to understand how many bikes said rider was going to have available. So in my view there's only 3 possible explanations with Sqora:

# No one asked him about his equipment, which would be criminal.

# The asked him but he didn't tell the truth.

# They knew about the engine trials, in which case the promotion are being economical with the truth at best.

Unless Adams & CVS have lost their minds on how the team can be strengthened it all feels a bit rushed.

• Like 1

Replacing Adam with Schlein makes for a very solid top 5 to make us play off contenders. But we won't be title contenders unless we strengthen at reserve when the new averages are out

but you wont be able to strengthen at reserve when the new averages come out, unless you deliberately score low in a few meetings.

that said, schlein for sronicki is a decent swap, and i agree should mail you down for a play off spot.

but you wont be able to strengthen at reserve when the new averages come out, unless you deliberately score low in a few meetings.

that said, schlein for sronicki is a decent swap, and i agree should mail you down for a play off spot.

You could still change though and in the case of at least one of the reserves, that can't be anything but beneficial.

I'm glad you posted that bit about the mail lol
  • Like 1

Just a thought in past years when reserve's average's have been included in the teams total points allowance to my recollection no rider for team building purposes was ever allowed to have an average less than 3 no matter how low his real average was.If that's the case this year will a number 6 have to stay on a minimum 3 average and a number 7 on a minimum 2 average.

Does anyone know if this type of ruling is in force this year ?.If that's the case would it not take Wolves present total to 39.59 and if so does it make more sense as to why they want to change Adam now.?

checked the rule book. 2 is the minimum for a rider elegible to ride in the NL, otherwise 4 is the minimum MA.

If Howe is a 4.8 and not say a 5.76 it will be a farce.

Who knows why but the man himself has confirmed that 4.8 will be his new average when the new averages change.

It's like saying all the rules are meant to make sense, if only!

Who knows why but the man himself has confirmed that 4.8 will be his new average when the new averages change.

It's like saying all the rules are meant to make sense, if only!

but where has Howe got this information? given there seems to be nothing in the rulebook which confirms this.

but where has Howe got this information? given there seems to be nothing in the rulebook which confirms this.

You will have to ask him as it's clearly been confirmed.

On what basis do you say it is clearly confirmed? It's not like riders or managers have misunderstood rules before.

If this is true though, it's the biggest f%%k up the BSPa have managed fir many seasons, which is saying something!