British Speedway Forum

If you'd filled the other spots available with Manzares @ 2, Klindt @ 6 & Clegg @ 7, you would have a better team than you've ended up with.

in your opinion and not shared by many. You have repeated this about 6 times already and others (not just me) point out you are wrong.

You dont get it do you Klindt didnt want to ride for Wolves.Manzares isnt good enough for reserve let alone second string. Why hasnt he got even a PL place. Wolves are better team without him.

Sadly Col appears to be in a small club of people that believe if they say the same thing often enough it might be true. Besides Shovlar (who always rates Wolves teams poor in any season) most posts I've read seem to rate Wolves as one of the better teams on paper.

• Like 1

Err, yep. Get Klindt to reserve for the first 5 matches. Manzares averaged 5.4 in the PL a season ago. Putting him at 2 wouldn't be a disaster, Americans do well at Monmore and some

Did I even mention Richardson? I said Harris, Howe, Allen & Stead under achieved. idiot off.

Oh dear oh dear.....someone previously said you were a spoon .i now know they were wrong .....your worse than that.

You knocked our BRITISH riders in the Harris,Nicholls,Allen eara.Well Lee was around at that time was he or was he not.So going on your statement you were saying all our British riders were no good.

I suggest you should think before opening your mouth or better still go else where and voice your opinions......preferably somewhere remote and away from genuine,passionate speedway fans .

As regards to Klindt SHUT UP.No ones interested in your opinions because all we keep hearing from you is the same verbal diarrhoea slopping out of your rather large self opinionated gob.

Edited by outofdarkness
  • Like 1

Just watch the gating tart in action.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LOJYMv8RjE Ronnie Correy couldn't have done that.

Again, poor example. There was little skill required for that, the fastest line was the outside, King moved over towards the inside meaning Gundersen could just ride his normal line.

Meanwhile, here's Ronnie Correy passing around the outside.. go to the 18:00 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMa75U8CpsQ

• Like 2

Watch.

and be educated. What a gating tart he was.

Without opening the link I knew it would be Odsal 85 and the double pass.

The pass where he hit the dirt line by accident and it nearly flung him off but he kept it on and it gave him the drive to get past. Had he not hit that line of dirt and had the reaction it had, he would have been behind them all the way. He even admitted later it caught him by suprise and jolted him forward

Very much doubt a gifted sport persons ambition is primarily driven by money. Thereafter I guess the opportunities can change dependant on progress. I don't see any comparison with life as teacher or bus driver.

There's a huge difference between those that do their day to day job v making a living from your hobby. Def more exciting but not sure I would like the hours.

It's not a hobby for these riders, it's a job just as a teacher, driver, bin man etc etc

The pay is the main reason and the rest follows otherwise it would be a hobby

It's not a hobby for these riders, it's a job just as a teacher, driver, bin man etc etc

Completely disagree.

Completely disagree.

They first step on the bike for the love of it. Many only ever do it for the love of the sport, thoss that are good enough to make a living out of it are the lucky ones in a way. Nobody takes up speedway to entertain the fans though, if you want to entertain you'd take up a safer form of entertainment.

Entertainment, despite being what the fans go to meetings to see, is a by-product of the sport.

• Like 1

Without opening the link I knew it would be Odsal 85 and the double pass.

The pass where he hit the dirt line by accident and it nearly flung him off but he kept it on and it gave him the drive to get past. Had he not hit that line of dirt and had the reaction it had, he would have been behind them all the way. He even admitted later it caught him by suprise and jolted him forward

A job they love 😚
  • Like 1

Again, poor example. There was little skill required for that, the fastest line was the outside, King moved over towards the inside meaning Gundersen could just ride his normal line.

Meanwhile, here's Ronnie Correy passing around the outside.. go to the 18:00 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMa75U8CpsQ

Gutsy pass round the outside in the very next heat of the match (1992 against Reading) from some stylish tyro called P. Karlsson. Wonder if he ever made it?

Well done Sam Masters.

can only echo that. Aussie champ. The first of several trophies coming Wolves way I hope. :t:

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 1

can only echo that. Aussie champ. The first of several trophies coming Wolves way I hope. :t:

strongest top 5 in the league just need the reserves to kick on

strongest top 5 in the league just need the reserves to kick on

Agree. Clegg needs a breakthru season and continue the progress made in 2016.

Greaves really only has to beat his fellow weak number 7's which, although on paper he looks one of the weaker number 7's it's quite possible he could score a couple of points a meeting.

• Like 1

Agree. Clegg needs a breakthru season and continue the progress made in 2016.

Greaves really only has to beat his fellow weak number 7's which, although on paper he looks one of the weaker number 7's it's quite possible he could score a couple of points a meeting.

I think Greaves is the sacrificial lamb and I'm not expecting anything from him. Matches will have to be won with 6 scoring riders. And oh, well done Sam Masters ☺