British Speedway Forum

All averages at present are set to the old Premier League level but once new averages are in effect then the Elite average or assessed average by 1.4 would come into effect if a rider was joining a team in the Premiership and didn't have an old Elite average.

Those that have an Elite average like Kylmakorpi who hasn't got a team place come back on their old Elite average so in the case of David Howe he would be available around May on 4.80 but remember riders averages who are riding will see averages drop quite a bit by then.

Would like to see David back but can't see him fitting in at Wolves unless it's to cover for an injury and think he may get his chance in the Championship on his 6.72 first.

Those that have an Elite average like Kylmakorpi who hasn't got a team place come back on their old Elite average so in the case of David Howe he would be available around May on 4.80 but remember riders averages who are riding will see averages drop quite a bit by then.

As far as I know there has been no confirmation whatsoever as to what the revised team limit for the Prem will be or what multiplier may apply to certain sets of averages.

As far as I know there has been no confirmation whatsoever as to what the revised team limit for the Prem will be or what multiplier may apply to certain sets of averages.

Must admit I can't find anything. It's no clearer from the SCB rules on averages either.

The point limit drops to 42 once new averages are in effect in both leagues which means it's hard to bring in a better rider but some may have very false averages thanks to unexplained engine failure or missed meetings.

42 points confirmed in the SCB rules and regs - but nothing specific about individual rider averages without a starting team place!!! (All open to BSPA assessment I guess?!) ;-)

Premiership revert back to Elite averages and Championship to Premier averages.

BSPA site this morning saying that Masters has been signed by Edinburgh as a full asset.

It does beg the question that if he was available to be signed why didn't Wolves sign him?

The point limit drops to 42 once new averages are in effect in both leagues which means it's hard to bring in a better rider but some may have very false averages thanks to unexplained engine failure or missed meetings.

It won't be very hard at all. A couple of bad results and a team could easily be averaging around 38/39. Are you really suggesting that an 8 point El rider could then come in on an 8, rather than the 11.2 they would gave done at the start of the season?!?

So team building average drops by 15%, but new riders team buildinf averages drops by 30% compared to the start of the season? Surely they can't make such a hash of things? Then again, ftom the people who failed to foresee the havoc the EL heat format would have on averages...

It won't be very hard at all. A couple of bad results and a team could easily be averaging around 38/39. Are you really suggesting that an 8 point El rider could then come in on an 8, rather than the 11.2 they would gave done at the start of the season?!?

So team building average drops by 15%, but new riders team buildinf averages drops by 30% compared to the start of the season? Surely they can't make such a hash of things? Then again, ftom the people who failed to foresee the havoc the EL heat format would have on averages...

When the limit drops to 42 then any new rider coming in should be, to use your example, the 8 and not the 11.2.

• Like 1

BSPA site this morning saying that Masters has been signed by Edinburgh as a full asset.

It does beg the question that if he was available to be signed why didn't Wolves sign him?

Getting CVS to open his wallet is harder than getting rid of Corbyn. It's possible that there'll be 1 league in 2018, Edinburgh may be securing their #1 should that come about.

• Like 3

Getting CVS to open his wallet is harder than getting rid of Corbyn. It's possible that there'll be 1 league in 2018, Edinburgh may be securing their #1 should that come about.

They rather spend their money to make Matt Williamson and Ash Morris Wolves assets.

If there,s any left over in the kitty,about making Stevebrum our number 8,that should suit our budget. ;)

• Like 4

If that was the case, not much point in us purchasing Masters then really?

I was a little surprised when I saw Edinburgh had signed him, but tbh, in the current climate, any point in us spending money to make him an asset?

If that was the case, not much point in us purchasing Masters then really?

I was a little surprised when I saw Edinburgh had signed him, but tbh, in the current climate, any point in us spending money to make him an asset?

TBH I thought Freddie was older than he is and Masters younger than he is so :t::D

I asked this very question at the talk in in November and is covered in my report of it on here.

Basically CVS thinks it's not worth buying contracts of riders because of their availability and long term isn't worth it. Or something like that.

They rather spend their money to make Matt Williamson and Ash Morris Wolves assets.

If there,s any left over in the kitty,about making Stevebrum our number 8,that should suit our budget. ;)

Do I still have to pay to get in? :wink:

• Like 3

I asked this very question at the talk in in November and is covered in my report of it on here.

Basically CVS thinks it's not worth buying contracts of riders because of their availability and long term isn't worth it. Or something like that.

Do I still have to pay to get in? :wink:

Great response SB!!

• Like 1