British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Which Teams Will Line Up To Contest The 2017 Elite League?

This is going to be an interesting winter, anyone care to predict the Elite League Teams that will contest the Elite League in 2017? Or whatever the TOP league will be called in 2017....?

• Like 1

I think there needs to be a top league of 6 or 7 teams with a reduced fixture list, and a north and south regionalised larger second tier where the top league teams are also included (albeit with reduced strength teams). It may need certain current NL teams to step up into that league.

As for actual teams I can't see Leicester continuing in the top league next season.

I think there needs to be a top league of 6 or 7 teams with a reduced fixture list, and a north and south regionalised larger second tier where the top league teams are also included (albeit with reduced strength teams). It may need certain current NL teams to step up into that league.

As for actual teams I can't see Leicester continuing in the top league next season.

Me neither (Lions in the top division) But, I would like to see an expanded top division..

Say 10 teams, ride each other once home, once away.. That would give 18 league fixtures, and then the Play offs, same format as now (top 4 teams) that would add minimum 2 fixtures to 20.

I would also like to see the bottom 6 club's compete for something, perhaps with the top 2 from the 2nd division/Premier League or whatever it get called next yr.. don't quite know how, or what the reward would be for this, but I would be quite interesting... 8 team quarter finals, 4 team semi finals and then a final....

In terms of teams?

Belle Vue

Coventry

Ipswich

Kings Lynn

Lakeside

Poole

Rye House

Swindon

Wolves

Hard to make predictions until squads are sorted but I would expect the usual suspects of BV and Poole to be up there.

We need more teams and therefore, more meetings. Not less.

In terms of teams?

Belle Vue

Coventry

Ipswich

Kings Lynn

Lakeside

Poole

Rye House

Swindon

Wolves

Hard to make predictions until squads are sorted but I would expect the usual suspects of BV and Poole to be up there.

Rye House wont be Elite don't think any PL would step up

In terms of teams?

Belle Vue

Coventry

Ipswich

Kings Lynn

Lakeside

Poole

Rye House

Swindon

Wolves

I know? Where have I said less meetings? I only think that there are a couple of teams that won't take to the track in the top division, I still want a minimum of 10 teams in the top league, which will give more meetings, and more variety.....

Ahhh, I see, currently they ride each other twice at home, twice away, giving 28 meetings....

Apologies, but I still think we need an expanded top division, so how about 9 teams racing each other twice, that will then give 32 fixtures, 4 more than now....

I know? Where have I said less meetings? I only think that there are a couple of teams that won't take to the track in the top division, I still want a minimum of 10 teams in the top league, which will give more meetings, and more variety.....

Ahhh, I see, currently they ride each other twice at home, twice away, giving 28 meetings....

Apologies, but I still think we need an expanded top division, so how about 9 teams racing each other twice, that will then give 32 fixtures, 4 more than now....

Top Boys don't want more meetings though they want less, There are some fans out there that want to see those riders ride over here and this wont do that

Top Boys don't want more meetings though they want less, There are some fans out there that want to see those riders ride over here and this wont do that

It's a right old mess, isn't it.....

Fans want more meetings, riders want less meetings!!

So, if we went with 9 teams, ride each twice, giving 32 basic league fixtures, who are we saying will drop the UK...?

Tai Woffinden

Chris Holder

Freddie Lindgren

Jason Doyle

Andreas Jonsson

Apart from Jason Doyle, the other GP riders above have already missed seasons in the UK citing crowded fixtures as the reason...

We managed then, we will manage now..

Don't forget, if Poland have their way, the decision of the above riders to ride here, will be out of our hands.....

It's a difficult one. Isn't it..!!!

Ths fixture list needs to be expanded not shrunk. We gad great big holes in the fixture list this years and need fixtures to fill them.

An expanded EL of 12 teams would be great, with home and away twice. Plus playoffs for the top six. Plus each club running an individual if they wish. 22 fixtures guarenteed plus playoffs.

Squads so riders can use different riders on different weeks.

A minimum of two Brits in teams. Edr to stay.

Guests banned unless for a team coming from PL. No guests for established EL teams.

Glasgow, Ipswich, Rye House, Sheffield invited up.

• Like 3

It's a right old mess, isn't it.....

Fans want more meetings, riders want less meetings!!

So, if we went with 9 teams, ride each twice, giving 32 basic league fixtures, who are we saying will drop the UK...?

Tai Woffinden

Chris Holder

Freddie Lindgren

Jason Doyle

Andreas Jonsson

Apart from Jason Doyle, the other GP riders above have already missed seasons in the UK citing crowded fixtures as the reason...

We managed then, we will manage now..

Don't forget, if Poland have their way, the decision of the above riders to ride here, will be out of our hands.....

It's a difficult one. Isn't it..!!!

• Like 1

It would be nice to have some better race tracks in the EL, Sheffield and Peterborough would be better than Wolverhampton and Lakeside. Come to think of it.....Any track would be better than Lakeside!

• Like 3

Top riders would be more likely to ride over here, regardless of if there were more meetings, if it was a single designated night a week.....

It would be nice to have some better race tracks in the EL, Sheffield and Peterborough would be better than Wolverhampton and Lakeside. Come to think of it.....Any track would be better than Lakeside!

Wolverhampton tends to be called rubbish if your team's riders find it a bit too tricky.

• Like 2

Top riders would be more likely to ride over here, regardless of if there were more meetings, if it was a single designated night a week.....

Wolverhampton tends to be called rubbish if your team's riders find it a bit too tricky.

Tracks like that would be better for learners, get the fast riders on the fast tracks. We all saw how different two tracks can be in the EL grand final.

Monday or Wednesday designated race night, more teams and more meetings.

That will help bring more riders back and address fans concerns that the fixture list seems to be forever shrinking. Bring back one of the cups as well.

Tracks like that would be better for learners, get the fast riders on the fast tracks. We all saw how different two tracks can be in the EL grand final.

Well, BV certainly looked like learners on Monday night then, judging by that logic. Isn't some variety a good thing? Or do you want all tracks to be big, fast and continental?

• Like 1

I use to love Telford with riders backing it in or messing up on bends 2 or 4. Since its demise Wolves fits the bill perfectly so for that reason I hope they stay.