British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

the brick refs box stands back further than the stands , any way it was put up in a day by shane parker so it would only take 2 days to move that , I'll get himback to do it if you like . track shop is on the outer perimiter so it don't need moving

But wouldn't the track shop stop the stands from being moved back ?

But wouldn't the track shop stop the stands from being moved back ?

no not really , theres quite a lot of space at the back there , we are actually only talking a few feet anyway, and it's not completely impossible to put the higher edge of the stands above the shop and have a covered walkway underneath .

With all this excitement about the proposed alterations to the track. I Was thinking. Does anyone know what the original size and dimensions the track was going to take before Mr H decided my way is the only way? Were there any original plans of the track? I'd be interested to know.

• Like 1

And the toilet block

oh of course they would few few bits of scaffold and a canvas cover are an Immovable object , thats that then , best just leave it as is clip a bit more off the inside , and everybody can then put up with another 5 years of your complaining , eventually the temporary stands will collapse and the the trtack alterations can take place without anything having to be moved ,yayyy 2022 is gonna be a year to remember a decent racetrack and robert 72 stops whining Bring it on

• Like 1

If it's difficult to move them, can't the temp stands be replaced by smaller but possibly wider versions that begin a few feet further back?

With all this excitement about the proposed alterations to the track. I Was thinking. Does anyone know what the original size and dimensions the track was going to take before Mr H decided my way is the only way? Were there any original plans of the track? I'd be interested to know.

I actually saw it all marked out with pegs on the clean slate . it would have been a smaller version of the new national stadium track ,

• Like 1

And the toilet block

I am sure it could be arranged so that some of the temporary seats could be above the toilets etc. Might have to provide nose pegs though!

• Like 1

the stands on the start finish straight ,are only Temporary .they have probably sunk in a little since temporary became 6 years ,but a few volunterrs could most likely lift them up and push them back , then you could take the back straight in and front straight out ,

The temp stands sit on the very large and deep concrete foundations intended for the permanent grandstand so will not have sunk.

the brick refs box stands back further than the stands , any way it was put up in a day by shane parker so it would only take 2 days to move that , I'll get himback to do it if you like . track shop is on the outer perimiter so it don't need moving

It took a lot longer than a day to build and it wasn't just Shane building it. I know that as I was building it as well along with a few others.

• Like 1

The temp stands sit on the very large and deep concrete foundations intended for the permanent grandstand so will not have sunk.

It took a lot longer than a day to build and it wasn't just Shane building it. I know that as I was building it as well along with a few others.

I was there an all! Doing track/centre mud work, defo took more than a couple of days....

• Like 1

I actually posted it as a bit of fun for TMW , not to give all and sundry a chance to blow their own trumpet and apply for martyr status

• Like 2

I actually posted it as a bit of fun for TMW , not to give all and sundry a chance to blow their own trumpet and apply for martyr status

Lol !!

Hi ,

We won't be moving anything on the front straight. Way to many cables drains etc to move.

Work will be on turns 1/2 and overall track levels and surface.

Glyn

• Like 2

It is a shame that things got so out of hand when the work was started. You would have been far better to put DH in a large canvas tata sack and left him there until all the work had been done, then we would not be in the mess we are now.

• Like 1