British Speedway Forum
Bash

Ipswich 2017

Wow that looks so much weaker doesn't it.

A rider like kerr on a 6.16 will be sort after also.

yeah agree with that.

Not sure what that 7 actually add up to - could be under even a reduced limit.

Perhaps though thats whats needed to make a distinction between the PL and EL again and set up a proper structure of progression from the bottom up.

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Any team that can get a 5 point newcomer that can do what Allen and BWD did at Somerset will be on to a winner.....

perhaps that starting average in a lower limit league should be back to 7....

Well we will hopefully have Hume that can put a big increase on his. So if we can get more than one rider that can do it..we could be seeing silverware. Let's hope Louis can get the right riders to do that. Somerset will, that's for sure

It would make sense to give both mountain and Hume a go at reserve and leave more points for main body of the team, both of them showed promise this season warranting another another go.

• Like 1

I can certainly see the sense in that particularly if you are confident at least 1 will kick on.

Leaves you very vunerable if you have to run with r/r though.

Will Connor be fit anyway?

I'd go with both if they are both going to be fit next season .

Both young talented and both look very keen .

They are certainly both the type of rider the PL reserve positions HAVE to set up for to encourage and give an opportunity to.

• Like 1

Question is where did this rumoured lower points limit come from? Somebody actually in the know or pure speculation as it's been talked about before.

I know it's already been said but watering down the product is hardly going to get people coming back to the stands in droves!

And whilst I fully understand the concept of trying to save money and making the clubs more sustainable it is a worldwide fact in any sport that richer owners will be able to put together more competitive teams. The better mid order riders with potential will naturally be attracted to and snapped up by those that pay the most.

As far as I'm aware the Witches are not one of the teams under threat of closing and I just hope that we can put together a septet that will be in the mix next year, whatever stupid rules the BSPA happen to come up with!

I hope our product isn't watered down aswell, to me it's better than that other league which not many teams want to be part of. If a good team is put together, people will pay to watch it. If you don't,they wont

So if you say:

1. King

2. Sarj

5. Nico

6. Hume

7. Mountain

Fill he gaps

Rory, busk jacobson, kerr, doolan jorgensen, newman Douglas porsing

Any of those??

Edited by baldyman