British Speedway Forum
Bash

Ipswich 2017

But the new track layout is being designed for racers like Covatti.

Just have to win Heat 1 first meeting next season , as long as he is back next season .

When i have been down I have eaten at the first bend diner, and was quite pleased at what i got. Has there been changes, i.e. quality, price, choice ?

Food was much improved last Season

I'm sure that CL has a list of the riders he wants to fill places 2-5. But no rider will commit until they know for sure they're not needed for a Div1 place, also any decent Div2 rider will wait and make sure Glasgow aren't going to come calling. I'm sure the likes of us and P'boro can compete financially with all but one of the clubs in our league, not having a pop at Glasgow, just stating the obvious.

No good us stating we want a rider one day, only to find out he's also wanted by a Thursday club in Div1 the day after. So, like us, CL must play a waiting game.

Last season we just had to avoid Coventry's fixtures when we sorted out ours, I can't see CL going for riders who are doubling up for 2 or 3 different clubs.

• Like 1

I'm sure that CL has a list of the riders he wants to fill places 2-5. But no rider will commit until they know for sure they're not needed for a Div1 place, also any decent Div2 rider will wait and make sure Glasgow aren't going to come calling. I'm sure the likes of us and P'boro can compete financially with all but one of the clubs in our league, not having a pop at Glasgow, just stating the obvious.

No good us stating we want a rider one day, only to find out he's also wanted by a Thursday club in Div1 the day after. So, like us, CL must play a waiting game.

Last season we just had to avoid Coventry's fixtures when we sorted out ours, I can't see CL going for riders who are doubling up for 2 or 3 different clubs.

This is a serious consideration as some of the big boys wanting to double down like Scott Bomber and Rory, who already has 3 other teams signed up. Riding against weekend teams to begin with will create a problem for their overseas teams, without the 2 new premier league teams, who ride Friday and Saturday.

Im not so sure Glasgow are paying deals significantly above a number of other clubs.

To me it looks like most of any money spent has been on the infrastructure of the stadium and facilities.

You would assume they are one of the better payers but I doubt they are offering 'silly money'

• Like 3

Cant see Glasgow offering "silly money" to ride in the premier league or is it championship or Div 2? Now if in the Elite league or whatever its called, it would be an advantage to spend money like water like

Poole do. Remember the premier is full of hasbeens who mostly were nevers.

The thing that GLASGOW do is pay their riders.We are being contacted all the time by riders to keep them in mind

The thing that GLASGOW do is pay their riders.We are being contacted all the time by riders to keep them in mind

They pay higher than many clubs can afford, which isn't really helping the overall situation. I remember when the dispute with Redcar over the Summers transfer fee was ongoing, Brian Havelock said he didn't actually blame Summers because the offer Glasgow had made to him was much more than he was likely to get anywhere else.

Getting back to the Ipswich team Kai Huckenbeck on a 5.14 average would be worth a go.

Going back to one of the teams mentioned earlier what average would Nikolas Porsing come in on as he has a 20 match elite league average of 4.99 which converts to 6.99, but his premier league average of 6.58 is based on 3 home & 6 away meetings does this count? Does anyone know which is used as isn't there a minimum home & away meetings to get a proper average so does his pl average count.

Would have to be Porsings EL 6.99 IMO

Didnt do 4 home so does not have an official PL average.