British Speedway Forum
Bash

Ipswich 2017

Stick Rory at 2... 1st race off the inside and easy heat 8 for him to win. Could score a fair few 5 1s with King too. Ave wouldn't increase too much but hey ho 😉

Stick Rory at 2... 1st race off the inside and easy heat 8 for him to win. Could score a fair few 5 1s with King too. Ave wouldn't increase too much but hey ho

That will be fine for Rory but will it be best for the Witches team on the whole and obviously us fans who pay everyones wages?

Personally I think not as where will Cameron ride? It will mean almost certainly he will ride at 3 or 4 with Kyle and wouldn't want to see that. Why don't we all put our personal preference for riding order.

Mine is -

1. King

2. Heeps

3. Schlien

4. Newman

5. Covatti

6. Mountain

7. Hume

I dont see any likelyhood of the 1-7 lining up any differently to that predicted by Mr H.

Perhaps if Rory starts to really fly he may move to 5. The only other switch could be reversing 3 and 4 depending on who you want in heat 14.

That will be fine for Rory but will it be best for the Witches team on the whole and obviously us fans who pay everyones wages?

Personally I think not as where will Cameron ride? It will mean almost certainly he will ride at 3 or 4 with Kyle and wouldn't want to see that. Why don't we all put our personal preference for riding order.

Mine is -

1. King

2. Heeps

3. Schlien

4. Newman

5. Covatti

6. Mountain

7. Hume

either as you've suggested alan or perhaps swap newman to 5 and have a powerful 3&4 in schlein and covatti, can't see the benefit in putting schlein at 2

Whoever is at 2 will have a low ave as they will be riding with King, just look at Manzares and Sarjaent in the last couple of years. If a stronger rider is it 2 it would reduce Danny's ave too.... not a bad thing? At home shouldnt matter where they ride as should be strong enough to cope.

Heeps can't gate for diddly squat, which isn't great for getting off on a 5-1 in heat one, but because of that reason he has to go at 2. I would start Rory at 3, but move him to 5 if he rides as good as I think he will.

Why not have Kyle at number 2?

Would be far more confident with him in heat 8 (i think thats right?) then Heeps

Could see Danny and Kyle with a few 5-1's which i couldnt see with Heeps at 2.

What about it it's a tight meeting and heeps is in 14??

well he would be there because the switch has resulted in 5-1 in 1 8 and 12 according to the other posts so unlikely to be tight and so doesnt matter.

With no pressure Cam will probably win 14 to make it something like 55-29 and all is well 😉😛

King

Newman

Heeps

Schlein

Covatti

Hume

Mountain

IMO is your best riding order

King

Newman

Heeps

Schlein

Covatti

Hume

Mountain

IMO is your best riding order

If the new track shape and material works well for Nico you're probably right on that lineup given his lack of gating prowess. If not then there is the weakness when he rides with the reserves.

But I'm sure we'll probably have to wait till just before the new season before we find out the official riding order.