British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Glasgow Kocup Final 1st Leg Sunday 23rd October 2016

My fact was 100% correct. There is no denying it.

Not denying it, but it was pretty obvious that Ayres just slid off, gifting us with a second place. The cheer was for the gifted point knowing that no rider was hurt. It happens, get over it.

• Like 4

Not denying it, but it was pretty obvious that Ayres just slid off, gifting us with a second place. The cheer was for the gifted point knowing that no rider was hurt. It happens, get over it.

Well said Tsunami.old friend!

Just got back.

The worst meeting that I have seen in the last ten years.

Entertainment on the track........ 1 out of 10 and that is being generous

What did you expect with constant rain throughout the day, whilst the meeting had to be run. apparently Glasgow wouldn't come next Sunday due to their DD in the Saturday, so the meeting had to be run. As to the state of the track, it needed constant work throughout the meeting after the track staff of Jonny and his team never left the track since 12 noon in an attempt to get it rideable. There was virally no outside track as it was too dangerous as Kus found out with the slop being pushed out. We were lucky to even get a meeting on but 'worst meeting in 10 years', no way.

There was some good passing and very tactical first bends when both Morris and Steve were relegate to the back after being in first place. As difficult the track was. Newcastle were the team forced to try for the wins and take risks, whilst Glasgow correctly took the easy option of making sure we were held in last place to retaining their early fortunate lead with heat 2 and the Kus crash. Ludde riding the inside line early and could only only go his usual outside when the slop had been pushed out to the fence.

Expected it to be close, but a win nevertheless, but with the 3 big crashes and injuries, plus a non functioning Palovaara, we got more than we thought we would have throughout the meeting. Think i know now why Glasgow didn't select Victor for their team this year. NO to Victor next year, but Tero YES please.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2

If that wasn't "the worst meeting in 10 years" I wonder what the worst was like. :o;):cheers:

They obviously don't go to Berwick (as an example) very often.

What did you expect with constant rain throughout the day, whilst the meeting had to be run. apparently Glasgow wouldn't come next Sunday due to their DD in the Saturday, so the meeting had to be run. As to the state of the track, it needed constant work throughout the meeting after the track staff of Jonny and his team never left the track since 12 noon in an attempt to get it rideable. There was virally no outside track as it was too dangerous as Kus found out with the slop being pushed out. We were lucky to even get a meeting on but 'worst meeting in 10 years', no way.

There was some good passing and very tactical first bends when both Morris and Steve were relegate to the back after being in first place. As difficult the track was. Newcastle were the team forced to try for the wins and take risks, whilst Glasgow correctly took the easy option of making sure we were held in last place to retaining their early fortunate lead with heat 2 and the Kus crash. Ludde riding the inside line early and could only only go his usual outside when the slop had been pushed out to the fence.

Expected it to be close, but a win nevertheless, but with the 3 big crashes and injuries, plus a non functioning Palovaara, we got more than we thought we would have throughout the meeting. Think i know now why Gladgow didn't select Victor for their team this year. NO to Victor next year, but Teo YES please.

it's ours as well of course. IF it HAD to be run next Sunday, then so be it. But, thankfully, it didn't come to that (although we might be wishing it had!).

You are quite right in praising Glasgow. They did what they had to do. Let Stevie and Robert go and make sure they filled the 2nd and 3rd spots as often as possible for 3-3's.

As far as "no to Victor and yes to Tero," the points difference in the averages is Victor on 5.80 and Tero on 6.24, but there are quite a few difficult decisions to be made for the 1-7 in 2017, not just that one!

Edited by Steve Park

So why not balance ur argument with the THE FACT ur lot were doing it also, aswell as hurling abuse at the referee, who I might add got imo all the decisions he had right

I didn't hear the Glasgow fans cheer. All their moans went to the referee. Possibly rose tinted ears but I never heard anyone cheer when a diamonds rider fell. The major crashes that the Newcastle riders were involved in were horrific, anyone cheering that should take a long hard look at themselves.

• Like 1

Expected it to be close, but a win nevertheless, but with the 3 big crashes and injuries, plus a non functioning Palovaara, we got more than we thought we would have throughout the meeting. Think i know now why Gladgow didn't select Victor for their team this year. NO to Victor next year, but Teo YES please.

are you still 'on one' Dave ? ;)

would have to say NO to BOTH,,, Victor has looked poor at home recently, after some really nice performances,,, when he missed the gate he would often chop straight to the inside and usually gain an advantage but that seems to have been missing of late,,,

Tero, have nothing against him and think he done a great job for us, but unfortunately, his career has been blighted by injuries and they take there toll and may lead to further injuries occurring, so from a long term solution, he's a bit risky IMO :(

I didn't hear the Glasgow fans cheer. All their moans went to the referee. Possibly rose tinted ears but I never heard anyone cheer when a diamonds rider fell. The major crashes that the Newcastle riders were involved in were horrific, anyone cheering that should take a long hard look at themselves.

Couldn't agree more they should end of discussion!!!

Yeah cause we all like watching bike racing round a dinner plate in a ploughed field penned in a sty

Well what a total disaster as the diamonds have fallen apart at the business end

Sheffield was bad enough but this was a shocking performance

6 falls from 4 riders and 5 exclusions at home simply isn't good enough ........... morris apart who was trying too hard ............ the other falls were frankly a joke

An off colour Glasgow missed a huge chance to win but should seal it at home tonight - they at least rode professionally and kept their heads ....... as Newcastle lost theirs and were 14-4 in 3 heats which they managed to convert to 7-11 by exclusions

Well what can you say about 4 man Newcastle .......... they gave their all and lambert and morris were superb (we must sign Ashley at 6 next year)

And the other 3 ..... well ............ since beating cook .... victor has been a pale shadow and his performance was truly shocking with his biggest contribution being to block Robert in heat 10 !!!

Kus - well 6 points from 5 rides and 2 fall exclusions in October at home ............ not acceptable

Philips ......... well the lad may be trying ..... but he is not good enough at the moment........ he is no better now than he was at the start of the season ........... and 5 rides tonight for 0 was costly

We ALL want to be supportive but frankly the team has struggled under pressure in October - which none of us saw coming pre October ..... George and Alan must be scratching their heads in disbelief

Any news on the make up of tonights team as I have still not decided if im going up

Hope Kus is fit and gives us 7/8, and Victor raises his game tonight and gets 5/6 ... if so we have a chance .................. my heart says diamonds 46-44 with lambert clinching it in heat 15 ................... but my head says Glasgow 49-41 :-(

• Like 1

Hope Kus is fit and gives us 7/8, and Victor raises his game tonight and gets 5/6 ... if so we have a chance .................. my heart says diamonds 46-44 with lambert clinching it in heat 15 ................... but my head says Glasgow 49-41 :-(

someone mentioned that Kus was concussed, so that would rule him out, and r/r doesn't look particularly strong :(

We're talking about Newcastle, why bring Berwick into it?

Glasgow website says kus r/r

heart says 46-44 ........... head 39-51 now ......................

7 rides for Ashley tonight ... hope he's fit........... any news on Ashley and danny ?

The track might be rough but the programme, I know you might not call it that, is ultra slick. I don't mean the content, the paper is so slick both my pens slid across it without leaving a mark. :o:cheers:

• Like 3