British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jawajoe

Glasgow V Newcastle Ko Cup Final 2nd Leg Tonight 24/10/16

Exactly the reason I don't attend and won't either - wind your neck in or are you saying to me tonight's performance was good!

It's hardly fair of you being critical of a team you don't go and support , i'm sure Newcastle did not go into the ko cup final with the intention of losing , sometimes you just have to say we did our best but it wasn't good enough and take it on the chin whilst giving the opposition the credit they deserve for being the better team .

• Like 4

congratulations to Glasgow, all that glitters is a 2.50p trophy . :t::drink:

Which is more than Worky got. The Tigers are having a party and the Comics are in their bed. :t::cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

• Like 3

and as for Newcastle being built for the playoffs, ... made heavy weather of Rye House and well beaten by Glasgow.

???Glasgow officially won the cup after heat 12 of the 2nd leg .. We had qualified for final after heat 13 of 2nd leg against Rye House... Your a hard man to please Edited by KEITH M

Keith - good use of stats ! but sadly missing the point

Glasgow and Newcastle are two finely matched good teams

Rye House aren't ... look at the league table

Pre October - we would have won comfortably and read George's column he concedes Rye House kept it competitive.........

I was merely making the point we went off the boil in October ........ that's fact .... look at the scores........ :lol: or should that be a :sad:

If you don't attend you're not a supporter, so you wind your neck in. The Newcastle riders were not disgraced tonight and put up a fight which is more than we can say for you.

Not been a supporter for 3 year but it doesn't stop me having an opinion the same as everyone else including you. Usual rubbish from some people on here who think that if you don't attend then you can't have an opinion. Well tough luck as I said if you don't like what I say don't reply.

It's hardly fair of you being critical of a team you don't go and support , i'm sure Newcastle did not go into the ko cup final with the intention of losing , sometimes you just have to say we did our best but it wasn't good enough and take it on the chin whilst giving the opposition the credit they deserve for being the better team .

Another one with the high and mighty view that if you don't go then you can't have an opinion - change the record. Edited by acclennell

And back to the actual meeting.....

Fantastic entertainment. Best meeting I've seen at Ashfield in years.

Smooth fast track with lots of thrills and spills.

FTG very infrequent, for a change.

I don't know if it was track prep or an evening meeting that made the difference to the racing.

I must mention Robert Lambert, boy is he exciting to watch. So brave and so fast.

• Like 6

Well done Glasgow on a comfortable win in the end, must admit I thought it would be closer.

Good to see Tigers getting a reward for all the work thats been put in.

Now let their silly season begin with every rider and his dog on his way to Glasgow.

• Like 5

Not been a supporter for 3 year but it doesn't stop me having an opinion the same as everyone else including you. Usual rubbish from some people on here who think that if you don't attend then you can't have an opinion. Well tough luck as I said if you don't like what I say don't reply.

Another one with the high and mighty view that if you don't go then you can't have an opinion - change the record.

the main issue isn't that you don't attend its more that you are sounding like a bit of an idiot

• Like 5

Good to see Tigers getting a reward for all the work thats been put in.

Now let their silly season begin with every rider and his dog on his way to Glasgow.

i will start the wish list off for you , dan bewley. . thats one .

• Like 1

After all said and done ! Well done Glasgow enjoy your win !!! From a Somerset Supporter !!! :cheers:

• Like 2

Well done to Glasgow Tigers on their win in the Knockout Cup Final

The loss of a reserve proving not to be as costly as losing a rider in the main body in his first ride, although this is immaterial now as Glasgow were so dominant at home anyway, after the previous evenings draw Newcastle were always going to be on the back foot.

Some great racing though and credit to Robert Lambert for the way he attacked the track.

• Like 1

Firstly well done Glasgow it is a pity one of the teams had to lose out as both have had good seasons.I was standing right next to the Morris incident& thought it was a nasty one but at least Glasgow could use sissis 3 more times but I think it knocked the stuffing out of Morris,get well soon ayres.I was pleased I went up& enjoyed the meeting& had some friendly banter with a couple of Glasgow fans& that is the way it should be.Bye the way would you like some shale back for the track as my pockets are full with standing on bend 2.Special mention to Lambert like somebody else has already said he attacked the track& was a joy to watch.Enjoy the party Glasgow you deserve it & better luck next year Newcastle.

• Like 3

the main issue isn't that you don't attend its more that you are sounding like a bit of an idiot

Why is that because I thought last night's performance was shocking and then get berated for it because I don't attend anymore. That's my choice and it is also my right to have an opinion and again I say if you dont like it tough - don't comment or put me on ignore instead of trying to get clever and putting personal remarks.