British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
damosuzuki

Glasgow 2017

Posted at 10.33 on the 7th November...

UPDATE 2 | British riders who have never achieved a three-point average can start next season on a two in both leagues...

Pretty clear now?

UPDATE 2 | British riders who have never achieved a three-point average can start next season on a two in both leagues...

Pretty clear now?

Yes but read the tweet linked to it which is this....

UPDATE | Where a rider has raced and averaged between 2-3 he will start next season on that true average ie Josh Bailey.

So no it's not pretty clear tbh

Yes but read the tweet linked to it which is this....

UPDATE | Where a rider has raced and averaged between 2-3 he will start next season on that true average ie Josh Bailey.

So no it's not pretty clear tbh

Which rider are you referring to?

If they rode PL last year and averaged sub 3, that's their average subject to a minimum of 2. If they didn't race PL last year, or before, they come in on a 2 point average in either league.

• Like 1

If they havn't rode 4h 4a to get an average they are a 2, if they have rode 4h 4a and their average is in between 2 and 3 they use that, e.g's being Greaves, Phillips, Bailey. It seems clear after the update to me...

• Like 1

Did MANSE not confirm that riders such as Bacon, Smith etc come in on a 2 point average around 4-5 days ago? Hope anyone who was confused is now clear on what's happening?

• Like 1

If they havn't rode 4h 4a to get an average they are a 2, if they have rode 4h 4a and their average is in between 2 and 3 they use that, e.g's being Greaves, Phillips, Bailey. It seems clear after the update to me...

It's now perfectly clear, but for some reason some are having a difficult time accepting/believing it.
  • Like 2

all newbies on a 3 , if you aint got an old pl average . you are a newbie (3.00)

i suppose we will find out when its too late .

I have to admit it's clear as mud at present but if they are reducing the minimum average for a foreign rider from 5.00 to 4.00 the Would seem unfair to young British riders that their assessed average remained at 3.00. And we are supposed to be encouraging British riders into the premier league, sorry "championship"

all newbies on a 3 , if you aint got an old pl average . you are a newbie (3.00)

From the Sheffield Star..

"Sheffield have already confirmed they are hoping to include teenage sensation Jack Parkinson-Blackburn on a two-point average at reserve".

Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/speedway/sheffield-tigers/sheffield-tigers-sign-danish-star-1-8222794

Giving up yet?

• Like 2

You on a wind up .

Pretty clear now?

To be honest, not really mate :)

Edited by justere2cgoodspeedway

Trouble with that 'definition' is, on what basis:

1. "Never achieved" - because they tried to (in 2016) but failed to reach 3.00 (e.g. 2.40)

Or

2. "Never achieved" - 'cos they've never even been in the position previously of trying to attain.

So, as a definition "never achieved" on its own is a rather poor set of words and undefined.

The wording on the BSPA website is equally ambiguous (And in a bid to help young riders get team spots, any rider who hasnt achieved a three-point average will come in on a minimum of 2.)[/size]

as that wording also fails to define upon what basis a rider "hasn't achieved". I'm inclined to reckon that the word "minimum" prior to "of 2" refers to riders that have ridden previously and their actual scoring average is less than 2.00 then the minimum of 2.00 will apply, but the actual for those over 2.00.

And yes once clarified, the BSPA could well say something else than above, I'm not a lawyer but as someone that deals with contracts every day of his working life and has a law degree then that's my take on the wording as presented so far. :drink:

I agree not well worded.I see it as total British newcomers who don't have an average 2 ,riders who have an average of between 2-3 pts will start on that average.If a rider who has an average but is under 2 pts will start on a 2.(could be wrong though, only MY interpretation) Edited by Fromafar

It seems clear it's 2 for new riders. And that is sensible given the finishing averages of this years number 7's, more than half of them never reached 3.

From the Sheffield Star..

"Sheffield have already confirmed they are hoping to include teenage sensation Jack Parkinson-Blackburn on a two-point average at reserve".

Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/speedway/sheffield-tigers/sheffield-tigers-sign-danish-star-1-8222794

Giving up yet?

the words hoping to include gives it away .

never give up .........