British Speedway Forum

Mondays on a fortnightly basis this season

And last season

Why not just have one rule for heat 15 ie put in who you want. Simple

The rule is designed to prevent a beaten team putting in their two lowest scorers.

Edited by NeilWatson

They include the previous Monday(31st), issued on the Thursday(3rd) & effective Monday(7th) every fortnight.

cheers IS - I got close ☺

Even at reserve really!!!

Not the way he's been riding, no.

Their was a lot of changes to the rules this year, supporters can access and download them on the SCB website.

...and risk a migraine headache? Pass

what on earth is happening to British speedway, KK, sinking so low he should be totally ashamed of himself.

• Like 1

A reserve CAN be nominated for Ht 15 as a highest scorer. That is confirmed in the rule you quote (15.14.3.b.)

Thanks Neil.

So it would be the score from their 4 rides and not from extra rides that count?

Thanks Neil.

So it would be the score from their 4 rides and not from extra rides that count?

That's right.

If you look at the results sheets on the SGB website (I chose Ipswich v Edinburgh form Thursday, http://www.speedwaygb.co/17results/ipswich_27.07.17_res.pdf ) you can see how the referee checks the team managers' nominations. The red 'ST' column to the right of the scorecards shows the applicable score for Ht 15 nominations.

Ipswich made no changes, so their figures are easy to understand.

For example, King 3, 1', 3, 2 (four programmed rides) = 9+1 = 10 in ST column, his 5th ride being Ht 15. The same for Heeps, and the other five riders took only their four programmed rides.

For Edinburgh, Pickering took 6 rides. His four programmed rides (only three taken) are shown in black - 2, 0, RS, 1' = 4 as per the ST column. The three replacement rides are shown in red and count to his meeting score but not the ST score. So although Pickering was third highest scorer, he was not eligible for Ht 15 as the bulk of his points were scored in replacement rides.

If Gambo sees this thread I'm sure he can expand on this, as he wrote the spreadsheet!

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 1

That's right.

If you look at the results sheets on the SGB website (I chose Ipswich v Edinburgh form Thursday, http://www.speedwaygb.co/17results/ipswich_27.07.17_res.pdf ) you can see how the referee checks the team managers' nominations. The red 'ST' column to the right of the scorecards shows the applicable score for Ht 15 nominations.

Ipswich made no changes, so their figures are easy to understand.

For example, King 3, 1', 3, 2 (four programmed rides) = 9+1 = 10 in ST column, his 5th ride being Ht 15. The same for Heeps, and the other five riders took only their four programmed rides.

For Edinburgh, Pickering took 6 rides. His four programmed rides (only three taken) are shown in black - 2, 0, RS, 1' = 4 as per the ST column. The three replacement rides are shown in red and count to his meeting score but not the ST score. So although Pickering was third highest scorer, he was not eligible for Ht 15 as the bulk of his points were scored in replacement rides.

If Gambo sees this thread I'm sure he can expand on this, as he wrote the spreadsheet!

Thanks Neil, it's nice to be properly educated about the rules. :t:

• Like 2

what on earth is happening to British speedway, KK, sinking so low he should be totally ashamed of himself.

He should be, but i doubt he's even bothered.. He'l just have to ride on reserves money.

Edited by Starman2006

Rye are a Premier team and I don't think British speedway is responsible for KK's poor form.

• Like 2

Rye are a Premier team and I don't think British speedway is responsible for KK's poor form.

The responsibility lies solely on his shoulders. I wouldn't take any notice of the negative comments. Most supporters would love to have him at reserve. Whether he cuts the mustard we'll just have to wait and see

• Like 2

The responsibility lies solely on his shoulders. I wouldn't take any notice of the negative comments. Most supporters would love to have him at reserve. Whether he cuts the mustard we'll just have to wait and see

I wouldn't want him at Wolves in any capacity.

I wouldn't want him at Wolves in any capacity.

Well I did say most 😂

• Like 1