British Speedway Forum

Rob Branford I hope then who knows. Zach Waijknecht must be in with a shout. One for the future, Tom Brennan who turns 16 next July.

would love to see James Shanes but suppose that is too much to ask for

would love to see James Shanes but suppose that is too much to ask for

Had a spell at Coventry when he first started riding Speedway, from the same neck of the woods as Bomber I believe and also a talent on the grasstrack. A lot of connections there, however he isn't very good around Rye House and has stated his dislike of the track in the past. Like Bomber he relies on passing a lot, would probably be wise to get a two pointer in who can pop out of the gate from time to time if we are going down that route.

• Like 1

If a young rider wanted experience then the team assembled has it in bucketfuls so they should be able to

attract the best around.

• Like 2

If a young rider wanted experience then the team assembled has it in bucketfuls so they should be able to

attract the best around.

Hopefully!

Branford and Morley if they fit is my guess, and if not Branford and a 2.00 rider, Bailey or Perks maybe? Or maybe Dan Greenwood if that's not too ridiculous to suggest, Or what about Luke Priest since he was a Raider last year?

Dandelion, on 20 Nov 2016 - 1:41 PM, said:

Branford and Morley if they fit is my guess, and if not Branford and a 2.00 rider, Bailey or Perks maybe? Or maybe Dan Greenwood if that's not too ridiculous to suggest, Or what about Luke Priest since he was a Raider last year?

Branford , Priest & Dan have all ridden for the Coventry Cougars/Storm in the past so there has got to be chance !! Any truth in Peter York joining Rye ?

Had a spell at Coventry when he first started riding Speedway, from the same neck of the woods as Bomber I believe and also a talent on the grasstrack. A lot of connections there, however he isn't very good around Rye House and has stated his dislike of the track in the past. Like Bomber he relies on passing a lot, would probably be wise to get a two pointer in who can pop out of the gate from time to time if we are going down that route.

fully agree BUT James is such a prospect that I am sure he could become very good at Rye

Branford , Priest & Dan have all ridden for the Coventry Cougars/Storm in the past so there has got to be chance !! Any truth in Peter York joining Rye ?

I suspect if you started a petition you wouldn't be short of signatories round Brandon way.

Very impressive team building from Rye thus far. You always hope that teams moving up can be competitive from the off.

Fourentee, on 20 Nov 2016 - 6:13 PM, said:

I suspect if you started a petition you wouldn't be short of signatories round Brandon way.

Very impressive team building from Rye thus far. You always hope that teams moving up can be competitive from the off.

If I was a Rye House supporter I would be over the moon with the riders so far . This is an entertainment business & that side will do just that !!

• Like 3

It doesn't fit, if we have to have one then it'd be Branford all day long. Priest is a career NL rider, he's been around for a long time and had plenty of cracks at the PL without making an impression, would be a poor signing in the top division.

fully agree BUT James is such a prospect that I am sure he could become very good at Rye

He's a good rider but there are a lot of better prospects out there that are the same age/younger.

If I was a Rye House supporter I would be over the moon with the riders so far . This is an entertainment business & that side will do just that !!

This is a winning business if you don't win fans stay away you can have as much entertainment as you like but if you are not winning the fans will not turn up
  • Like 2

kingbee, on 20 Nov 2016 - 6:53 PM, said:

This is a winning business if you don't win fans stay away you can have as much entertainment as you like but if you are not winning the fans will not turn up

Do you not think that the signed riders are entertaining ? My reply to a previous message pointing out the Rockets will be competitive from the off . I have read on here many times that attendances a Brandon have dropped & some of the Bees fans who contribute on here have stopped going but not every team can win the title ! .. Your 100% right fans can only vote with their feet but I have reached the age where a good meeting with close racing is more important than the result .

• Like 4

Do you not think that the signed riders are entertaining ? My reply to a previous message pointing out the Rockets will be competitive from the off . I have read on here many times that attendances a Brandon have dropped & some of the Bees fans who contribute on here have stopped going but not every team can win the title ! .. Your 100% right fans can only vote with their feet but I have reached the age where a good meeting with close racing is more important than the result .

I agree but if you don't have a winning team the fans stay away then you end up with no club.I've been going to Cov since the 50s and over the seasons if they have not got a winning team they don't go
  • Like 2

I have been going to Rye House for years and before that West Ham and I do get fed up if my team keep losing but I still go back as I support them through the good times and the bad and as long as the riders try and it's a good meeting I go home happy. I'm hoping this year we will win something but like a previous post said not everyone can win the most important thing at the moment is that Speedway survives it's a good sport and suitable for all the family where both home and away fans can stand together at a meeting and share a bit of banter without it leading to a punch up.

• Like 3

yes but this side should win plenty of meetings.