British Speedway Forum

Of course you can.

Wells racing diary ORIGINALLY contained only Edinburgh fixtures. He has now signed for Rye and has therefore had to REARRANGE his racing diary to include those fixtures. 😛

Rearrange means change or move around. That hasn't happened, just more dates have been added. If a team makes the next play-offs they're not 'rearranged' fixtures just because they were t there at the start of the season, but more fixtures added. Nevertheless Edinburgh should get priority but it's not worded that way.

• Like 2

Wells signed for Edinburgh. The season started. Wells signed for Rye House. Therefore Edinburgh have priority in the event of a clash. The key bit there is underlined.

The key bit you underlined isn't in the rulebook so it's now down to common sense.

Edinburgh SHOULD have priority but not according to the rules.

• Like 2

Edinburgh will have priority. Once the season started the only fixtures Wells had was with Edinburgh, the Rye House ones wasn't originally in his schedule. Danny King is a good example, Ipswich have priority despite him being a Kings Lynn asset.

Edinburgh will have priority. Once the season started the only fixtures Wells had was with Edinburgh, the Rye House ones wasn't originally in his schedule. Danny King is a good example, Ipswich have priority despite him being a Kings Lynn asset.

That's not how it's worded

"1) The Original Fixture if there is a clash with a re-arranged fixture"

Technically, Rye House v Poole is not a rearranged fixture. Rearranged, by definition, infers the fixture should've taken place at some other time, but it's been in the schedule since the fixtures were announced.

Going by the wording of the ruling Rye House should have priority. Nowhere in this particular ruling does it mention the riders schedule, only the team he's racing for.

The double up/down rules need to be rewritten to reflect this.

Edited by Shads
  • Like 2

The key bit you underlined isn't in the rulebook so it's now down to common sense.

Edinburgh SHOULD have priority but not according to the rules.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that the club that signs the rider in the winter gets priority over the club that signs the rider during the season. I'd expect that even if the rules say otherwise that we'd have that agreement in place with Edinburgh, hence them allowing him to sign for us too. When there's a fixture clash we'll get a facility and Wells is far better than 2017 Davey Watt.

Edited by Ben91

That's not how it's worded

"1) The Original Fixture if there is a clash with a re-arranged fixture"

Technically, Rye House v Poole is not a rearranged fixture. Rearranged, by definition, infers the fixture should've taken place at some other time, but it's been in the schedule since the fixtures were announced.

Going by the wording of the ruling Rye House should have priority. Nowhere in this particular ruling does it mention the riders schedule, only the team he's racing for.

The double up/down rules need to be rewritten to reflect this.

At the start of the season Wells original fixture would've been Edinburgh not Rye House. You cant have riders joining clubs part way through the season and all of a sudden that club have priority. As I said previously Danny King is a good example and I'm sure there have been plenty others Edited by woz01

At the start of the season Wells original fixture would've been Edinburgh not Rye House. You cant have riders joining clubs part way through the season and all of a sudden that club have priority. As I said previously Danny King is a good example and I'm sure there have been plenty others

I agree, it's a pain for the club that's inconvenienced, but the way the ruling is written is ambiguous. It's clear the Rye v Poole meeting is not a rearranged fixture. Just because you're not in favour of the rule, doesn't make it invalid. Pretty sure they'll come down in favour of Edinburgh in this instance

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

Should say a rider's original booked fixture takes priority.

• Like 1

I agree, it's a pain for the club that's inconvenienced, but the way the ruling is written is ambiguous. It's clear the Rye v Poole meeting is not a rearranged fixture. Just because you're not in favour of the rule, doesn't make it invalid. Pretty sure they'll come down in favour of Edinburgh in this instance

I've been told by Edinburgh that they have piroity over RICKY WELLS the only fixtures he is due to miss is if USA get into playoff of WTC thats the only clash at the moment.

If edinburgh have a rain off and the rearranged fixture falls on same day as a rye house original fixture in there diary then in this instance they get priority.

If both fixtures are rearranged fixtures then piroity is the edinburgh fixture

THIS HAS COME FROM THE TEAM IT'S SELF

It doesn't take a genius to work out that the club that signs the rider in the winter gets priority over the club that signs the rider during the season. I'd expect that even if the rules say otherwise that we'd have that agreement in place with Edinburgh, hence them allowing him to sign for us too. When there's a fixture clash we'll get a facility and Wells is far better than 2017 Davey Watt.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that the BSPA apply the rules as they see fit too!

Of course you are correct, that's exactly what should be happening and I fully expect that to be the case.

RYE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE: by CRAIG SAUL

:::::::

ROCKETS WIN “THE BIG ONE”!

It had been billed by the BMR Rockets themselves in the build-up as “The Big One”. It proved just that, on a night of tension and drama played out in front of another big Hoddesdon crowd.
When it was over, Rye House had seen off a mid-match comeback from perennial high flyers Poole to notch up another SGB Premiership victory – 49-44 – and make another statement to the rest of the League on their clear ambitions this season.
As in the previous week’s victory over A10 arch rivals King’s Lynn, Team Manager Peter Schroeck had challenged his side to build a healthy early lead, to leave the opposition chasing the match. They responded then, and they did so again here.
Rob Branford and Ellis Perks gave the Rockets the quick advantage with a 5-1 over Nicolai Klindt and the falling James Shanes in Heat 2, before Chris “Bomber” Harris kept Rye in front with a trademark from-the-back display to take second place from Jack Holder in Heat 3, Brady Kurtz’s victory making the score 10-8.
New Rocket Ricky Wells finished at the rear of the field in that one, but did not take long to make his mark in the Black, Chrome and Orange as he surged from last to first to win Heat 5. “Bomber” was quick to join him with another overtake, this one on the second lap past 2014 World No.2 Krzysztof Kasprzak to hand Rye a 5-1 – and another followed in a sensational Heat 6 as Stuart Robson cut back from the outside on the first bend to join Edward Kennett in front of Hans Andersen and Klindt.
That elevated the progressive score to 23-13, only for Kurtz to successfully don the black and white Tactical Ride helmet cover in Heat 7. With Holder keeping Scott Nicholls at bay for second spot, much of the Rockets’ hard work was undone in the space of just four laps as the resulting 8-1 brought Poole right back into contention, at 24-21.
The Pirates were nearly in front after the next heat, with only Robson’s fourth bend switch back inside Bradley Wilson-Dean to follow home Klindt preventing another Dorset maximum, before the Rockets regained control.
Harris won Heat 9 – once again from the back as he picked off both Klindt (lap 1) and Andersen (lap 3) for victory. With Wells also working his way past Klindt, the resulting 4-2 provided a little bit more breathing space.
There was a lot more fresh air between the sides once Kennett and Robson had outpaced Kurtz and a falling Holder four laps later, and with the two teams exchanging 4-2s – and Harris once again claiming the victory in Heat 12 the hard way, with a third lap pass of Holder – the Rockets led 41-34 and were happy to share the next two stanzas to ensure the overall victory.
A 4-2 to Poole in the finale ensured that a deserved consolation point would head back to Dorset, but the main three remained in Hertfordshire.
Six different Rockets contributed at least one paid race victory, with new addition Wells providing a healthy 6 points in the engine room of that mix. Another key contributor was Stuart Robson, whose paid 10 tally continued his drive back to form after a mixed start to the season. Speaking afterwards, “Robbo” said, “It was a really tough meeting. Poole kept us on our toes all night.
“That 8-1 off the black and white messed us up a bit. If it had been a 5-1, it wouldn’t have been so bad; we could have handled that, but we kind of lost our way for a couple of races before we managed to pull it back together.”
Regarding conventional 5-1s, Robbo had this to say about THAT cut-back in Heat 6: “Eddie (Kennett) made a perfect start off gate one, but I didn’t quite get as much of a jump or the run that I needed on Hans (Andersen). It wasn’t going to work for me trying the run round the outside, so I saw the move straight away, eased off a bit and cut back. I got my racing line quickly, ran it out and left enough room for Eddie to come through. Hans tried to follow him, which I didn’t realise until we had a little bit of contact coming into the (next) corner. We both had a bit of a wobble – in fact, it was a bit of a fright, to be honest with you! – but we both stayed on and luckily it went my way as well.”
Reflecting on his campaign to date, he continued: “The first few meetings this season, I struggled to get into the racing as much as I needed to. My last couple of rides at Swindon proved a bit of a turning point for me. What happened, I don’t know, but I just started to relax on the bike, to feel more comfortable, and I was more confident with that. I got a win and it’s just gone from there. That one win made a big difference.”
The next stop for the BMR Rockets is Monmore Green on Monday as they face a return match against reigning champions Wolverhampton, and the 2016 Rider of the Year is quietly confident that they can get a positive result. “It’s a great track, and consistently good for a long time now. All the boys like it, and obviously Ricky (Wells) has been a Wolves asset for quite a few years now, and it will be good to get a few tips from him as to what the home boys might use and do in order to help us!
“We all like Wolverhampton, and we’ve had good meetings there as individuals. It’s down to what happens on the night. We just need to go there and start off well, guns blazing at the beginning.”
BMR Rockets:
Edward Kennett 11+1 (5 rides), Chris Harris 10+1 (5), Stuart Robson 7+3 (4), Scott Nicholls 7 (4), Ricky Wells 6 (4), Ellis Perks 4+2 (4), Robert Branford 4+1 (4).

Poole:
Brady Kurtz 16 (5 rides, inc 6 as a TR), Krzysztof Kasprzak 9 (5), Hans Andersen 6 (4), Jack Holder 5+1 (4), Bradley Wilson-Dean 4 (4), Nicolai Klindt 4 (5), James Shanes 0 (3).
Match Points: Rye House 3 Poole 1
Edited by Guest

RYE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE: By CRAIG SAUL.

CLEGG GUESTS FOR BRANNY

The BMR Rockets have called on Max Clegg as a late guest replacement for Rob Branford for tonight’s trip to Wolverhampton in the SGB Premiership.
Branford suffered heavy bruising to his shoulder in a Heat 11 tumble in the Rockets’ dramatic victory over Poole on Saturday, and although set to return to the saddle in time for Rye’s Bank Holiday Monday clash with Leicester is forced to sit out tonight’s first away match in the League.
For British U-19 and NLRC winner Clegg, meanwhile, tonight will prove a rapid return to the Black Country venue; he was part of last season’s title winning team, and started this term at Monmore only to be replaced last week, alongside Adam Skornicki, in a double switch which has seen the Wolves bring in Rory Schlein and Mark Riss.
BMR Rockets: Edward Kennett, Stuart Robson, Chris Harris, Ricky Wells, Scott Nicholls, Max Clegg (guest), Ellis Perks.
Wolverhampton: Freddie Lindgren, Kyle Howarth, Rory Schlein, Jacob Thorssell, Sam Masters, Mark Riss, Nathan Greaves.

RYE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE: By CRAIG SAUL

BAD NIGHT AT THE OFFICE

The BMR Rockets suffered a 55-37 defeat at defending champions Wolverhampton in their opening away fixture in the SGB Premiership, as their opponents gained a fair measure of revenge for their own reverse in Hoddesdon at the start of the month.
Successive home 5-1s left the Rockets chasing the match from the off, and although former Wolf Ricky Wells steadied the ship by winning out in his battle with Jacob Thorssell in Heat 3 and Scott Nicholls following suit in the next race, Rye found themselves 24-12 behind as early as Heat 6.
Wells featured heavily again in Heat 7 – this time when nominated for double points – as he kept plenty of early pressure on eventual winner Sam Masters, as the home side restricted Rye to an off-track 5-3 from that TR outing, before Ellis Perks and Stuart Robson gave the Hertfordshire side sudden hope with a dramatic 5-1 over Kyle Howarth in the next race.
28-22 was as close as it got, however, as the Monmore men powered to three maximum advantages and two 4-2s from the remaining races. Chris Harris and Stuart Robson provided the main visiting highlights in that “second half”, with “Bomber” taking Heat 12 when pitted against Rory Schlein and “Robbo” coming up trumps in the finale when outpacing Sam Masters.
Robson topped the Rockets’ pile overall with 10+1, with Harris and Wells both paid for 8 behind him. It proved a nightmare occasion, however, for captain Edward Kennett who failed to trouble the scorers. As a relatively subdued Rye House Team Manager Peter Schroeck explained afterwards: “Eddie was suffering with a bad migraine, and in combination with being seriously delayed in traffic getting here, it really threw him out. He just wasn’t his usual self tonight. I know that he will be absolutely determined to bounce back as quickly as possible, to put this one behind him.
“It also didn’t help that Bomber had problems with his bike, which he managed to sort in the end, which is when his scores picked up. Ricky was disappointed not to get more on his return to his former stamping ground, which shows what he was aiming for, but the track was prepared totally slick and it took us a little while to get our set-ups right.
“Of the positives, the big ones were Robbo and Ellis, who picked up another race win.
“Tonight has proven to be a bit of a reality check, and a reminder of just how tough this league is. It is better, though, to have a result like this now than at the other end of the season. We have plenty of time to re-group, learn and build from it.
“If we can keep performing like we have done in general, we’ll be alright. It’s a LONG season.
“Right now, it’s about dusting ourselves down, getting ready for (Bank Holiday) Monday against Leicester, and showing that we can be heroes again.”
BMR Rockets:
Stuart Robson 10+1, Ricky Wells 8 (inc 4 as a TR), Chris Harris 7+1, Scott Nicholls 7, Ellis Perks 4, Max Clegg 1, Edward Kennett 0.
Wolverhampton:
Sam Masters 13, Freddie Lindgren 11+1 (max), Rory Schlein 8, Kyle Howarth 7+3, Jacob Thorssell 7, Mark Riss 5+2, Nathan Greaves 4+1.
Match Points: Wolverhampton 3 Rye House 0
BRITISH SEMI-FINAL DRAW
The BMR Rockets will have no less than five representatives in this season’s British Championship, with all five competing in the second Semi-Final at Sheffield.
7-time champion Scott Nicholls, 3-time winner Chris Harris, Edward Kennett, Stuart Robson and Rob Branford will all be targeting a place in the Final which will take place at Belle Vue’s National Speedway Stadium in Manchester on Monday, June 19th.
The full draw, in riding order, is as follows:
Newcastle (Sunday, April 30th):
1. Jason Garrity, 2. Joe Jacobs, 3. Rory Schlein, 4. Ashley Morris, 5. James Sarjeant, 6. Robert Lambert, 7. Steve Worrall, 8. Danny King, 9. Richard Lawson, 10. Ben Barker, 11. Lewis Rose, 12. Kyle Newman, 13. Richie Worrall, 14. Steve Boxall, 15. Liam Carr, 16. Paul Starke
Sheffield (Thursday, May 4th):
1. Lewis Bridger, 2. Josh Auty, 3. Edward Kennett, 4. Carl Wilkinson, 5. Chris Harris, 6. Adam Roynon, 7. Scott Nicholls, 8. Stuart Robson, 9. Lewis Kerr,
10. Craig Cook, 11. Stefan Nielsen, 12. Adam Ellis, 13. Simon Lambert, 14. Robert Branford, 15. Josh Bates, 16. Kyle Howarth

Reserve 1: Max Clegg
Reserve 2: Dan Bewley
Reserve 3: Ben Morley
Reserve 4: Tom Perry

Forwarded FACEBOOK message:

:::::::::

Dave Watt

Today I announce my retirement from my racing career. I feel happy to have made the decision and am very grateful for the time and experiences I've had. Thanks for the memories.

RYE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE: By CRAIG SAUL.

PERKS 6TH IN BRITISH U-21 FINAL

Wednesday April 26, 2017
lambert_robert.jpg

BMR Rocket Ellis Perks finished 6th in Wednesday’s British U-21 Championship Final at Poole after falling in his semi-final run-off.

The 2016 U-19 Silver winner had earlier won three of his five programmed races to place third with 12 points over the main programme, but came to grief on the opening lap in his semi-final run-off.

It was an unfortunate end to an excellent night’s performance, but at 20 he still has one more shot at the event in 2018.

Brief 2015 Rocket Robert Lambert lifted the national crown after going through the card. The Rye House track record holder had won all his programmed races in the Final’s previous two years, only to be nudged into second in the decider, but made sure of the title this time around with a decisive from-the-gate display against Adam Ellis and defending champion Josh Bates, who finished third.

The meeting was marred by a lengthy delay while former Raider Danyon Hume was treated and taken to hospital with an arm injury after his machine seized and he was collected by the oncoming Josh Bailey, who was later forced to withdraw from the event himself.

BRITISH UNDER-21 FINAL, Poole:

SCORERS (After 20 qualifying races): Robert Lambert 15, Adam Ellis 14 (straight to Grand Final), Ellis Perks 12, Dan Bewley 10, Josh Bates 10, Nathan Greaves 9 (qualified for Semi-Final), Liam Carr 9, Zach Wajtknecht 7, James Shanes 7, Connor Mountain 6, Max Clegg 6, Jack Smith 5, Danny Phillips 4, Luke Harris 3, Josh Bailey 1, Alfie Bowtell (reserve) 1, Danno Verge (reserve) 1, Danyon Hume 0.

SEMI-FINAL: Bates (Awarded), Greaves (Awarded), Bewley (f.exc), Perks (f.exc).

GRAND FINAL: LAMBERT, Ellis, Bates, Greaves.

Edited by Guest