British Speedway Forum

Isn't it just as easy to post the link to the press release rather than repeat the whole thing using bandwidth etc?!

I will use that procedure the next time Craig Saul forwards me a Rye House Press Release.

Here's a test link for the most recent Rye House Press Release which has already appeared on the thread.

http://www.ryehouserockets.co/news.php?extend.1406

Edited by Guest

Is there? The only way that would happen is by merging the Championship with the National League to free up Chanpionship riders to compete solely in the Premiership.

There isn't enough.

tend to agree with you steve although if the will was really there then Bens dream could possibly be acheived.

Would take a huge overhaul and include rider control allocations rather than free team building IMO.

The set up required would not be acceptable to all teams (ie the level they would be placed at) hence my reference to 'if the will was really there'

No there are not enough riders of the quality required to have a competitive Premier league as even after

losing Coventry the doubling up hasn't reduced,goodness knows what we would be seeing if they hadn't closed.

A lot must come down to finances as I'm sure a lot of supporters cannot fathom the likes of Cook King and Masters making hay in the Championship.

A squad system allowing teams to sign up to 10 riders shared between the Premier and Championship would possibly

stop the 'guest' syndrome and allow teams to plan their season better.

Look at the list of rider averages from last season to this, there are over 150 names on there. Of course you have to factor out names that have retired or not wanting to race over here but there are riders not on that list who would be willing to race here. In the top two leagues there are 18 teams, that is 126 team slots. So to say that there are no enough riders isn't true.

Of course the lower end British riders would still be allowed to ride in the NL but if there were fixture clashes with their senior club (Premiership or Championship) then they would have to find a replacement or use R/R.

But that's perhaps a subject for another time and place than the Rye 2017 thread.

Look at the list of rider averages from last season to this, there are over 150 names on there. Of course you have to factor out names that have retired or not wanting to race over here but there are riders not on that list who would be willing to race here. In the top two leagues there are 18 teams, that is 126 team slots. So to say that there are no enough riders isn't true.

Of course the lower end British riders would still be allowed to ride in the NL but if there were fixture clashes with their senior club (Premiership or Championship) then they would have to find a replacement or use R/R.

Hence my point about is the will there.

This would mean most 2nd tier heat leaders and some second strings just riding the top league and therefore the 2nd tier being barely above current NL level. It would also require a significant proportion of current NL riders moving up to fill the gaps.

The top teams would need to be paying those riders missing out on a 2nd league more to make it worthwhile.

The 2nd tier would have the majority of teams wanting a higher standard product.

The NL teams would be shafted with facilities for all missing riders which would be in many cases and unacceptable to them.

Yes it should be the aim but right now its not feasible in reality whatever the raw numbers are.

But that's perhaps a subject for another time and place than the Rye 2017 thread.

There simply aren't enough riders of quality wanting to ride here so that's why doubling up is vital to all leagues.

You can partly blame the system of building teams to the last decimal point for riders not getting team places.

In 'rider control' days you had 3 heat leaders 2 second stings and 2 reserves but now we have teams constructed to gain advantage with a strong reserve or weakened to permit very strong top rider.

Edited by GWC

There simply aren't enough riders of quality wanting to ride here so that's why doubling up is vital to all leagues.

Totally disagree, even if the leagues were slightly diluted by a lesser quality rider, it may stop hundreds of fans from walking away from the sport........trust me, this will kill domestic speedway in Britain!!!

• Like 4

Totally disagree, even if the leagues were slightly diluted by a lesser quality rider, it may stop hundreds of fans from walking away from the sport........trust me, this will kill domestic speedway in Britain!!!

Weakening it any further will see even more leave!

Weakening it any further will see even more leave!

I do take your point, but riders riding for more than one team in any country is a farce and I believe that will kill the sport in Britain more than anything else. Whatever way you look at it, there are choppy waters ahead.

• Like 1

I do take your point, but riders riding for more than one team in any country is a farce and I believe that will kill the sport in Britain more than anything else. Whatever way you look at it, there are choppy waters ahead.

It happens in Sweden and to a less extent in Poland with their youngsters.

There simply aren't enough riders to fill all team places in all countries.

There was a 'magical time' when there was plenty of riders for teams, plus others just trying to get second-half rides. Where did it all start to go wrong? :sad:

Poland and the demise of Grasstrack - Poland have taken the best riders and fed them really well so other leagues

(with exception of Sweden have become partly insignificant.

The take up of talent hasn't been replaced as our UK training has been largely poor or non existent when in the past

we had young grass trackers queuing up for team places.

The seeds of change have been seen this season and looking at the performances of some 'better riders'

would say that there are a few who wouldn't really be missed - it's just their name and reputation that they bring to the teams.

• Like 1

Here we go again with "...a debate within a debate..." a now frequent happening on the BSF. Much of which we are reading in no way is in regard to Rye House. The actual topic raised is interesting - I don't deny that, but would probably be better served IMO in a thread of its own? :unsure:

Edited by Guest

Here we go again with "...a debate within a debate..." a now frequent happening on the BSF. Much of which we are reading in no way is in regard to Rye House. The actual topic raised is interesting - I don't deny that, but would probably be better served IMO in a thread of its own? :unsure:

You did ask the question !!

You did ask the question !!

Did I raise the question SWC? Can you please refresh my memory? However, I concede that if the matter under discussion was raised in a Rye House PR, that I will fully accept. :approve: