British Speedway Forum

I hope Ellis is going to be okay after his fall last night.

If he's not fit for our next home meeting, I see Grondal has been released by Swindon. Wouldn't be a bad stand in.

I hope Ellis is going to be okay after his fall last night.

If he's not fit for our next home meeting, I see Grondal has been released by Swindon. Wouldn't be a bad stand in.

Except his average is over two points higher.

Get rid of Schroeck. Liability.

Edited by Chris
  • Like 1

Can you be more specific in regard to the criticism of Peter Schroeck please. To have such an opinion indicates you have concerns in regard to the team manager.

Can you be more specific in regard to the criticism of Peter Schroeck please. To have such an opinion indicates you have concerns in regard to the team manager.

Do keep up!!

Edited by Hob Nob

Why not ask for a link to copy over?

Do keep up!!

Why not ask for a link to copy over?

Why do I need to find a comment re Peter Schroeck? I did not make a comment in regard to him - that was by Chris who is another Poster. For my part I cannot see that Schroeck has done anything to cause concern in regard to his team management at Rye House. That's why I asked Chris for more comment on Schroeck's role in regard to the team.

Hob Nob seems to indicate there is criticism somewhere in regard to Schroeck - where is it?

And as for the comment from Panthers89 - what are you on about?

Why do I need to find a comment re Peter Schroeck? I did not make a comment in regard to him - that was by Chris who is another Poster. For my part I cannot see that Schroeck has done anything to cause concern in regard to his team management at Rye House. That's why I asked Chris for more comment on Schroeck's role in regard to the team.

Hob Nob seems to indicate there is criticism somewhere in regard to Schroeck - where is it?

He's on about the fact that Schroeck missed a howler of an opportunity to put Harris in on the TR in heat 7 at Poole. It's clear Harris was quick and that Rye were enough down to have used it at that point. Loads around us had it pencilled in that it would be used then... It wasn't and Rye got a 5-1.. Opportunity wasted!

• Like 1

He's on about the fact that Schroeck missed a howler of an opportunity to put Harris in on the TR in heat 7 at Poole. It's clear Harris was quick and that Rye were enough down to have used it at that point. Loads around us had it pencilled in that it would be used then... It wasn't and Rye got a 5-1.. Opportunity wasted!

I wasn't there Bandits4eva but if your Post is correct, what's the problem?

Edited by Guest

I'm no expert but it would of been an 8-1 and not a 5-1 and Wells didn't exactly score many points with his nice little black and white hat on did he.

I was also there and Banditsforeva is correct, the problem is the Manager, the TR should have been used at the first opportunity as nobody knows what will happen in following races.

I'm no expert but it would of been an 8-1 and not a 5-1 and Wells didn't exactly score many points with his nice little black and white hat on did he.

I was also there and Banditsforeva is correct, the problem is the Manager, the TR should have been used at the first opportunity as nobody knows what will happen in following races.

Of course - the dread bonus points system wasn't taken advantage of.

See allthegearbutnaeideas reply!

IMO your TR should be played as soon as possible where you have a strong chance of at least getting 6 points from it! That should have been in Heat 7!

He put Wells TR in heat 10 (against the unbeaten pairing of Morris and Holder) but I still personally would not have done that despite his reason of gate positions! Harris had a bucket load of speed in that bike and was more than capable of not running a last place :rolleyes:

• Like 1

“We’ll put our hands up and admit that we made the wrong call over the Tactical, but that’s with the benefit of hindsight. Both Ricky (Wells) and Bomber felt before that race (Heat 10) that it was best for Ricky to take the Black and White because his gate looked the strongest – but of course it was Bomber who got second with Ricky at the back. But we felt it was the right call at the time, and fortunately it did not really affect the result."

The team manager should take ownership of his decisions. There's no 'we' deciding the tactical, it falls squarely on the shoulders of the team manager to make that choice. It shouldn't be up to the riders to decide between themselves either. Take their opinions on board of course but ultimately Schroek should be telling them who is on the TR.