British Speedway Forum

What odds on Schlein? Heard no mention of him going anywhere else and I have no idea who Somerset are signing so putting 2 and 2 together?

What odds on Schlein? Heard no mention of him going anywhere else and I have no idea who Somerset are signing so putting 2 and 2 together?

He'd be a decent signing for sure. Puts everything into his racing. Would be an excellent captain too.

Well he is coming to Ipswich

Well he is coming to Ipswich

Unless Ipswich are moving into the Premiership it's not really relevant :P

But yes, it's why I say Somerset, only other place is Leicester and they're riding Thursdays so clash with Ipswich. BV have Fricke, Cook and two Worralls. Wolves will have Masters. Wheres left?

Edited by SCB

up on the rebels site

There will be an early Christmas present for fans of the 'Cases' Somerset Rebels with the news that the full septet for the 2017 season will be announced at a social night to be held at the Oaktree on Monday 5th December.

The event will get underway at 7.30pm, entrance for which will be free of charge, and there will be a limited bar menu available for those attending who wish to purchase food on the night.

"I know a few of our fans were getting a bit impatient regarding news on the team for 2017, but we prefer to ensure that everything is definitely in place before announcing any names," said promoter Debbie Hancock.

"Now that we have reached that stage, we are pleased to be able to confirm that the names of the 7 riders will be revealed at a social event at the Oaktree on Monday 5th December."

"Past team announcement nights have always been an enjoyable occasion, with a good gathering of fans there to hear the news first-hand, so hopefully we will get a good gathering on the 5th as we start what promises to be an exciting new chapter in the history of the club.”

As they have an excellent clubhouse, why not use it & name your team in front of your fans & make some money out of the evening.

• Like 2

As they have an excellent clubhouse, why not use it & name your team in front of your fans & make some money out of the evening.

Thats exactly what they are doing.

What so he will average 13 a meeting??? That makes sense!!!

It suits Ford allowing Holder to go out on loan to obtain a realistic average for 2018. I can't see it happening as I have mentioned before due to being a Friday track and the number of meetings Holder will miss due to the GP's. The promotion aren't silly and know the score.

Poole weren't prepared to take him on an unttainable average so why should anyone else unless Poole contribute £.

Unless Ipswich are moving into the Premiership it's not really relevant :P

If Gavan says its relevant then its relevant. Anything Gavan says is relevant, you should know that by now... :rofl::rofl:

Edited by Starman2006

I hope not....

I hope not....

Really? Be a great signing on 7.5. Well for the 5-10 meeting he would do before getting injured! Risk worth taking IMO.

I really can't work out what Somersetshire team will be. Which is quite exciting really. I reckon you will put a decent team out though. With a real no1 that's not holder. Killer may be tempted bk to uk

Good luck with your new team .

I look forward to seeing the names on Dec 6

If you follow Somerset on Twitter, or the Rebels new Twitter on Facebook page, you'll see them as they're announced, as they normally post them up as they're introduced at the social night :t:

Retaining 6 riders from the previous season when they were in a lower league - how poor is that?

Some people still hanging on to the old Elite League, when will people realise that the SGB Premiership is not the old EL, it's quite a step down, hence the 50pt team building limit & massive averages (which will obviously fall to 12pts or below) for people like Chris Holder, Jason Doyle etc, but a step up on the old PL.

In my opinion last years team would have given many in the 2016 version of the top flight a good go for their money.

Edited by womble53
  • Like 4

I really can't work out what Somersetshire team will be. Which is quite exciting really. I reckon you will put a decent team out though. With a real no1 that's not holder. Killer may be tempted bk to uk

I don't know how but they do it every year. You hear news and rumours of riders signing for every club but Somerset actually manage to keep most signing a secret until it happens.

With the signing of Howarth, I cannot see Wolves going top heavy. Masters to lead the Rebels with Grajczonek & Tungate as back up. Means potentially...

Masters 8.97
Wright 6.59
Grajczonek 8.9
Batchelor 7.36
Tungate 9.03
Allen 5.96
Wajknecht 3
  • Like 1

With the signing of Howarth, I cannot see Wolves going top heavy. Masters to lead the Rebels with Grajczonek & Tungate as back up. Means potentially...

Masters 8.97

Wright 6.59

Grajczonek 8.9

Batchelor 7.36

Tungate 9.03

Allen 5.96

Wajknecht 3

Grajczonek isn't coming back, already stated he doesn't like the traveling every Friday. Wajtknecht I doubt will be back, needs a tighter track imo. Plus I doubt Masters will be a Rebel again seeing as he gets booed by a section of the crowd.