British Speedway Forum

Some people still hanging on to the old Elite League, when will people realise that the SGB Premiership is not the old EL, it's quite a step down, hence the 50pt team building limit & massive averages (which will obviously fall to 12pts or below) for people like Chris Holder, Jason Doyle etc, but a step up on the old PL.

In my opinion last years team would have given many in the 2016 version of the top flight a good go for their money.

Spot on Dave . 50pts only for team building it will click with a few soon

• Like 1

With the signing of Howarth, I cannot see Wolves going top heavy. Masters to lead the Rebels with Grajczonek & Tungate as back up. Means potentially...

Masters 8.97

Wright 6.59

Grajczonek 8.9

Batchelor 7.36

Tungate 9.03

Allen 5.96

Wajknecht 3

That's a team I've got a lot of time for! How realistic is it, I'm not too sure.

Grajczonek isn't coming back, already stated he doesn't like the traveling every Friday. Wajtknecht I doubt will be back, needs a tighter track imo. Plus I doubt Masters will be a Rebel again seeing as he gets booed by a section of the crowd.

It hasn't been confirmed or denied that Josh isn't coming back has it? Admittedly it looks unlikely but stranger things have happened.

With regards Masters, do you just mean that you boo him? Let's not forget that it was Somerset who sacked him when he was riding for us. I think the only person I can remember getting booed as an opposing rider is Ben Barker!

Really? Be a great signing on 7.5. Well for the 5-10 meeting he would do before getting injured! Risk worth taking IMO.

Yep - for the exact reason you've just said. Far too injury prone and was pretty painful to watch last season on the tele.

Yep - for the exact reason you've just said. Far too injury prone and was pretty painful to watch last season on the tele.

But on that average for you he would be worth a shot. Now whether Garry thinks the same is another matter..

SCB - as you are the respected wise sage of the forum, is Howarth a poor/expensive signing on that average ?

Sorry - wrong thread.

Edited by Beowulf

But on that average for you he would be worth a shot. Now whether Garry thinks the same is another matter..

I disagree.

I disagree.

You disagree with Batch, or you disagree with the posibillity of Garry signing him ?

It hasn't been confirmed or denied that Josh isn't coming back has it? Admittedly it looks unlikely but stranger things have happened.

With regards Masters, do you just mean that you boo him? Let's not forget that it was Somerset who sacked him when he was riding for us. I think the only person I can remember getting booed as an opposing rider is Ben Barker!

I think his press statement was sort of confirmation tbh. If he goes anywhere in the Premiership it will be back to Belle Vue.

No not just me that booes Masters, i've heard a few round by me when i've been there. Somerset didn't sack him though, he got injured and when the averages changed it meant changing 2/3 riders to bring him back. No rider is bigger than the club.

I think his press statement was sort of confirmation tbh. If he goes anywhere in the Premiership it will be back to Belle Vue.

No not just me that booes Masters, i've heard a few round by me when i've been there. Somerset didn't sack him though, he got injured and when the averages changed it meant changing 2/3 riders to bring him back. No rider is bigger than the club.

Wasn't it three into two didn't go, namely Vissing, Monberg and Masters and Gary went with the first two. Sam spat the dummy allegedly, and said some bad stuff on the media. In fairness Sam has shaped up now and would be a good signing imo. In saying that I would be amazed if he left the Wolves.
  • Like 2

Wasn't it three into two didn't go, namely Vissing, Monberg and Masters and Gary went with the first two. Sam spat the dummy allegedly, and said some bad stuff on the media. In fairness Sam has shaped up now and would be a good signing imo. In saying that I would be amazed if he left the Wolves.

He did and i think he's grown up a bit now. You would be suprised if he left Wolves, why do you say that ?

no riders should be booed as there all putting themselves on the line doing a sport we all love,except boxall for what he did to Somerset!

Yep that was it we had: Doyle, Davies, Monberg, J. Wright, Vissing, Perry and Newman. Garry wanted to keep Monberg as he was riding well so would have had to lose Newman and Wright. Tbf the thing that annoyed me the most was him guesting for Scunthorpe in the rained off semi final just because he didn't want us to win it. Childish behaviour.

no riders should be booed as there all putting themselves on the line doing a sport we all love,except boxall for what he did to Somerset!

Tbf it's more banter these days but before it was because of him slagging the club off and trying to help Scunthorpe in the PO final.

Yes we did - as Cliff has said, when he came back from injury we chose to keep on his injury replacement Jesper Monberg and Claus Vissing instead of him. So we released him.

Yep that was it we had: Doyle, Davies, Monberg, J. Wright, Vissing, Perry and Newman. Garry wanted to keep Monberg as he was riding well so would have had to lose Newman and Wright. Tbf the thing that annoyed me the most was him guesting for Scunthorpe in the rained off semi final just because he didn't want us to win it. Childish behaviour.

Tbf it's more banter these days but before it was because of him slagging the club off and trying to help Scunthorpe in the PO final.

Can you blame him for wanting to get one over on us after we dumped him?

As has been said, I think he's matured an awful lot since then anyway and really started to realise his potential that he shown in his first and second seasons for us.

Edited by Najjer

Yes we did - as Cliff has said, when he came back from injury we chose to keep on his injury replacement Jesper Monberg and Claus Vissing instead of him. So we released him.

Can you blame him for wanting to get one over on us after we dumped him?

As has been said, I think he's matured an awful lot since then anyway and really started to realise his potential that he shown in his first and second seasons for us.

My point still stands that no rider is bigger than the club. If he felt let down he should have gone about things in a different way. Rather than slagging the club off via social media was not the route to go. Especially as the Rebels gave him his chance in the first place.

As I stated earlier no rider is bigger than the club and to fit sam back in would have been a hindrance. The fans and riders hadn't done anything to him so to want to get one over them is petty and childish.

As I stated earlier no rider is bigger than the club and to fit sam back in would have been a hindrance. The fans and riders hadn't done anything to him so to want to get one over them is petty and childish.

I'd of done the same. If a team had got rid of me I'd want to show them they were wrong and stick the proverbial middle finger up to the lot of them.

He's not done an awful lot wrong tbf