British Speedway Forum

I'd of done the same. If a team had got rid of me I'd want to show them they were wrong and stick the proverbial middle finger up to the lot of them.

He's not done an awful lot wrong tbf

I'd agree with that - that's exactly what I would want to do!

Plus, we're talking about some 4 years ago now, so time to let it go I think!

• Like 1

I'd of done the same. If a team had got rid of me I'd want to show them they were wrong and stick the proverbial middle finger up to the lot of them.

He's not done an awful lot wrong tbf

I'd agree with that - that's exactly what I would want to do!

Plus, we're talking about some 4 years ago now, so time to let it go I think!

Agree to disagree but imo he acted childish, as I stated the fans liked him and he was friends with the riders. So to me he slagged his friends and fans off for no reason, It wasn't the club who made the decision, it was Garry and Debbie. It was a massive kick in the teeeth for the fans who supported him, as I did back then. Edited by Brummie Rebel

It wasn't the club who made the decision, it was Garry and Debbie

Don't they run the club? Which would mean it was the club who made the decision?

• Like 1

Don't they run the club? Which would mean it was the club who made the decision?

Well you know what I mean, Garry and Debbie made the decision not the fans or the riders so to want to get one over them and slag the club off as a whole imo is wrong.

Has anybody got any calculated ideas or guesses on what our team might be for next season. We know Josh Graj has gone, we also know Zach Waj has moved on. ;)

Looks like Coventry may well not be running so maybe there could be late changes to the side?

Can't see Coventry not running, they have a lease for next season and a team in place. Now Mick Horton is back i'm sure he will get it sorted.

Edit: Just seen the statement by Coventry Stox so not sure who to believe.

Edited by Brummie Rebel

Can't see Coventry not running, they have a lease for next season and a team in place. Now Mick Horton is back i'm sure he will get it sorted.

Horton might have a lease but it looks as though he has an empty stadium and according to the Stox he has no intention of running and has told the riders he understands if they want to race elsewhere.

Also, on the subject of Masters. Unless Wolves go with a pretty weak lower order I don't see how they fit him in now, Belle Vue is pretty unlikely so the other options are Leicester and Kings Lynn. He was obviously unhappy at being dropped before but he's still an asset and you'd think he'd have asked for a permanent transfer if he never wanted to return?

Horton might have a lease but it looks as though he has an empty stadium and according to the Stox he has no intention of running and has told the riders he understands if they want to race elsewhere.

Also, on the subject of Masters. Unless Wolves go with a pretty weak lower order I don't see how they fit him in now, Belle Vue is pretty unlikely so the other options are Leicester and Kings Lynn. He was obviously unhappy at being dropped before but he's still an asset and you'd think he'd have asked for a permanent transfer if he never wanted to return?

Yes i've just edited my post as I hadn't seen that statement. Although part of me doesn't believe it, why would he make a team and bring in a new manager if he had no intention to run.

In terms of Masters, I may not like him but I can't deny that he is a good rider and would benefit the team.

I know I've said I'm not happy about us stepping up into this so called top flight,and when you see what's going on at the bees,b vue and Leicester,what ever team is named on Monday so glad we've got one to support,will try not to complain!

• Like 5

Has anybody got any calculated ideas or guesses on what our team might be for next season.

Masters, Tungate, Wright, Starke, Allen. Pick a #1 & a #7. I can't be arsed to add up averages at this point.

Masters, Tungate, Wright, Starke, Allen. Pick a #1 & a #7. I can't be arsed to add up averages at this point.

37.17 add in the probable BWD and thats 42.19, leaves 7.81 for the final rider.

37.17 add in the probable BWD and thats 42.19, leaves 7.81 for the final rider.

That could mean Kacper Gomolski on a 7.71.

1) Sam Masters

2) Charles Wright

3) Kacper Gomolski

4) Paul Starke

5) Rohan Tungate

6) Jake Allen

7) Bradley Wilson Dean

Interesting side with strong home reserves if that were the case but pretty sure Brummie Rebel will correct me on my guesstimate.

That could mean Kacper Gomolski on a 7.71.

1) Sam Masters

2) Charles Wright

3) Kacper Gomolski

4) Paul Starke

5) Rohan Tungate

6) Jake Allen

7) Bradley Wilson Dean

Interesting side with strong home reserves if that were the case but pretty sure Brummie Rebel will correct me on my guesstimate.

Correct you on what? It would be a strong team at home with strong reserves. It's a strong team, i may not like Masters but he still is a good rider.