British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

Jpb is a great guest, feel he will be better than coles next season anyway

Which means after 4 matches he wont be eligible anyway.

Jpb is a great guest, feel he will be better than coles next season anyway

I agree, especially if he rides Arlington like he did in October.

Think he would be a terrific guest, unfortunately I bet it won't happen with his other commitments.

Hmmm, not a wheel turned yet and discussions about 'a great guest' have started.

And we wonder why speedway has its issues........

Interesting forum yesterday. A lot more goes on behind the scenes than I thought. The club seem to be really wanting to push the media side of things.

Interesting forum yesterday. A lot more goes on behind the scenes than I thought. The club seem to be really wanting to push the media side of things.

Agree with you. A real eye-opener at times.

Martin and Connor "told it like it is" and people respond to that.

It was a positive meeting and I think all who were there can't wait for the season to start.

My feeling is that the team they have put together will be exciting to watch on track and that gets a big thumbs up from me.

Just a thought but at the start of last season the club made a 'snapchat' account... thought that was a great idea but it dwindled over time, as it gave an insight to behind the scenes before/ during and after the meeting. maybe bring that back if there is time to fit it in with other jobs? or give it to one of the 'young guns' who don't ride until after the meeting.

Also on the point of time between heats and the fact time between 14 and 15 wants to be reduced, in my opinion i prefer a bit of time between the final 2 heats as it builds tension especially if there is a last heat decider, it gives the announcer time to build an atmosphere in suspense of what could happen. obviously that wouldn't work if we had won the meeting in heat 11.

Edited by Al3x200

Just a thought but at the start of last season the club made a 'snapchat' account... thought that was a great idea but it dwindled over time, as it gave an insight to behind the scenes before/ during and after the meeting. maybe bring that back if there is time to fit it in with other jobs? or give it to one of the 'young guns' who don't ride until after the meeting.

Also on the point of time between heats and the fact time between 14 and 15 wants to be reduced, in my opinion i prefer a bit of time between the final 2 heats as it builds tension especially if there is a last heat decider, it gives the announcer time to build an atmosphere in suspense of what could happen. obviously that wouldn't work if we had won the meeting in heat 11.

I thought Steve Crow filled the time last year quite nicely between heats 14 and 15 when he got someone from the crowd out on to the centregreen to make the announcement.