British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

I am surprised none have mentioned Nick Laurence yet, local lad and looked like having very good potential

I have deliberately overlooked him because he will be 26 and has been around for several years. Could be another Strudwick?

Rather give a youngster a go.

• Like 1

We gave Phillips a go.... he was 28 looks better than Phillips and I reckon he'd beat strudders

I have deliberately overlooked him because he will be 26 and has been around for several years. Could be another Strudwick?

Miles better than Strudwick but never going to be more than an NL three pointer. Been around for about ten years too.

Sign both man ! Local lads :t: young wit plenty a improvemnt

Good reasons to sign Sussex lads for a Sussex team. #publicity. But they have to be good enough.

Eg: Lewis Bridger was always a story in Bexhill because that was home; Martin Dugard in Mid Sussex for the same reason.

The local press is very parochial, if the local press still exists.

The promotion have desire to win things, i personally dont think strudwick , laurence or cottham have an earthly of getting in the side, all that stuff over the tannoy about cottham was flannel, it suited eastie to use rr for 4 months last season

Now the final averages are out I think we will line up :-

Jake Knight 8.53

Kelsey Dugard 4.28

Georgie White 7.62

Gary Cottham 4.70

Ellis Perks 8.25

Tom Brennan 3.00

An Other 3.00

-------

Have no idea who they will come up with at No 7 but guess it may be somebody new to Speedway.

There does not seem an alternative on similar average to Cottham but an alternative could be Charley Powell (4.05) at No4 and George Hunter (4.00) at No 7.

Now the final averages are out I think we will line up :-

Jake Knight 8.53

Kelsey Dugard 4.28

Georgie White 7.62

Gary Cottham 4.70

Ellis Perks 8.25

Tom Brennan 3.00

An Other 3.00

-------

Have no idea who they will come up with at No 7 but guess it may be somebody new to Speedway.

There does not seem an alternative on similar average to Cottham but an alternative could be Charley Powell (4.05) at No4 and George Hunter (4.00) at No 7.

i'd prefer georgie wood to georgie white ;) , but how about richard andrews back instead of cottham ?

I'll be very surprised if the limit is still 40 with new teams coming in. Would think it would fall to something like 36-38.

i'd prefer georgie wood to georgie white ;) , but how about richard andrews back instead of cottham ?

Touche, I was remembering George White of Swindon back in the 50's . Have to rely on nostalgia in the winter months.

not so sure there will be an increase in teams , rumours are bowden bid for plymouth isn't the prefered package and so they might not be dropping down , if they don't should be the same number as last season ? and that's if the storm are running as i haven't heard anything concerning them. but what i do wonder is how many riders are in the pool to pick from as there seemed to be someone announcing their retirement every other week last season.

Touche, I was remembering George White of Swindon back in the 50's . Have to rely on nostalgia in the winter months.

with you all the way there :t: , my dvd collection will be getting a hammering for the next 5 months. good to see georgie back with the eagles. hopefully a few more on the way soon.