British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

Well with Connor missing this weekend because of riding for Newcastle, they may wait abit longer as if Kelsey's average goes up as it is currently they will have more points to play with.

It does not work that way. A re- declaration with 2 changes has to be to the 39 point starting limit. The team total at present is 48+ after 2 League matches and likely to be higher after Stoke and Lynn at home. New averages kick in after Lynn so there will be no way that Jake could be included without removing 2 or 3 heat leaders and bringing in 3 pointers to replace them. This problem will effect all teams except those (if any) that have made a miserable start and come in the new averages at less than 39. That is why the change has to be made before may 20th. As regards Kelsey, anything he might do on Saturday will have no effect on the change but will change his average after 20th.

The problem is that Coles is mates with the Dugards, has moved to the south coast and has a job down there as well. Im not saying that Eastbourne have ever done anything but put the needs of the club first but i suspect Connor will be given more time than another unconnected rider.

Bit of a merry go round but if Bacon went to Newcastle, Greaves to P'Boro & Coles to Ipswich it would give all riders tracks they are more suited to without impacting their NL teams.

I talked to Connor coles last weekend and he said that the amount of miles he is doing is taking its toll, he also said to me that it takes him almost 2,5 hours to 3 hours to get to Eastbourne as he now lives with his dad which he said he has done from the start of the season, he also said at the rate he is going he will need a part time job to make it all pay, so reading between the lines his dad is either up the midlands or Exeter way?

Edited by firstbendbunch

I talked to Connor coles last weekend and he said that the amount of miles he is doing is taking its toll, he also said to me that it takes him almost 2,5 hours to 3 hours to get to Eastbourne as he now lives with his dad which he said he has done from the start of the season, he also said at the rate he is going he will need a part time job to make it all pay, so reading between the lines his dad is either up the midlands or Exeter way?

The problem Connor has if he does indeed live Exeter way, its not so much Eastbourne, its his Championship team Newcastle thats a heck of a drive for a home meeting every week, plus think on this, Exeter then drive to Eastbourne probably back to Exeter, then drive up to Newcastle, and then back to Exeter, with hardly anytime in between to sort out bike issues.

He must do Exeter to Eastbourne Saturday 200+ miles

Eastbourne to somewhere half way (he'd be stupid to go west as opposed to north!) 170 miles

Continue from wherever half way is another 170+ miles

Then back down to Exeter must be at least 350 miles surely? That's nearly 900 miles in a weekend - can't knock the lad for effort

Alex Spooner has been released by Kent so I would go for him as Kelseys replacement on Monday after he has guested for Mildenhall on Sunday.

Alex Spooner has been released by Kent so I would go for him as Kelseys replacement on Monday after he has guested for Mildenhall on Sunday.

I'd like to think he's already got a proposition.

I'd like to think he's already got a proposition.

You like to think, he has already gone where i have heard :wink:

• Like 1

He must do Exeter to Eastbourne Saturday 200+ miles

Eastbourne to somewhere half way (he'd be stupid to go west as opposed to north!) 170 miles

Continue from wherever half way is another 170+ miles

Then back down to Exeter must be at least 350 miles surely? That's nearly 900 miles in a weekend - can't knock the lad for effort

I did think the travelling would be a problem when he signed for us and Newcastle. Can't think there would be any gain for him at all going to the IOW instead of Eastbourne. Don't know where that leaves him or us though unless things change for him in the championship.

The talk on here is as if Kelsey and Connor are going. Is this still speculation or are people hearing rumours?

Gotta say I would much rather see it work out for both of them than see them go but must admit, the thought of getting Jake Night in excites me. He should ave signed this year. I was gutted when he didn't. He is an extremely exciting rider and does not know when to give in....sometimes to his detriment!

The talk on here is as if Kelsey and Connor are going. Is this still speculation or are people hearing rumours?

Gotta say I would much rather see it work out for both of them than see them go but must admit, the thought of getting Jake Night in excites me. He should ave signed this year. I was gutted when he didn't. He is an extremely exciting rider and does not know when to give in....sometimes to his detriment!

I would imagine it really comes from Jake keep having a practice after the meetings at home that points to him coming back. Of course he may just enjoy coming down to see old mates and having a blast round to get his speedway fix, but would think that unlikely!

I am a little confused by the averages, would it not be better to let Kelsey and connor get an average then replace them if thats the plan as there averages will be higher by the time they have ridden agaist Stoke this weekend.

Edited by firstbendbunch

Doesn't make any difference until the 4 league matches are played , so up until the 20th Connor and Kelsey could score 15 or 0 , won't make any difference to changing the team by that date. Big difference will be at the moment Tom is on an average of 3, after the 20th he'll probably be on 10 making team changes virtually impossible . Team changes have to be re declared at 39 again so in reality decision has to be made by the 20th to change the team or go with it.

Edited by gazzac

I still question if that is correct, I am sure you can get in replacement which match the two riders averages together which are being replaced.

I still question if that is correct, I am sure you can get in replacement which match the two riders averages together which are being replaced.

Just speculating that you may be right but the problem is we would be looking to replace Connor with Jake Knight who has a 'higher' average, meaning we would need to re-declare the team....I think.

I think one you can, but think two maybe different. What is amazing is I've been going for about 20 years and I'm not sure, neither is stevec who's been posting on here for years, just one of the problems with speedway, bad enough to get your head around it for us, newbies won't have a clue! Still think what I posted previously is correct though.

Edited by gazzac