British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

Zach Wajknecht did it in 2015.

Strange. I thought Adam Ellis was no 1 all season for Brum in 2015.

And Zach was 17.

Edited by Hunters

If this was so why has it not been announced. It seems certain that Jake has signed somewhere and I thought the favourites were K Lynn and IOW (although someone did tell me on P&P day that he fell out with KL and would never ride for them again??)

Both of these teams can slot him straight in with no other change necessary so why not say so?

The only other eligible team in my view would be Buxton replacing Perks with another slight adjustment.

Any other team would have to make a pretty major re declaration.

All of which would indicate that he is going Championship. The sooner they say so the better.

Newcastle for the struggling Connor Coles, would do him the world of good just dropping back into the NL for the rest of the year... Poor fella, he tries his heart out

The team is unchanged for Saturday so that means they are sticking with the same 7 all season barring injuries. No Jake Knight definite.

Connor Coles will have to get his performance up if they are to make the play offs, the other 4 favourites are looking pretty formidable. So far he has only won one race at home when 2 others fell and one away against weak opposition. Two wins in 24 heats as a heat leader says it all.

Tom Brennan has toncilitus and nay not ride Saturday. We probably won't need him but it would mean he stays at reserve for the Kent cup matches and also for his fourth League match which is at Birmingham of all places. They won't like him having 7 rides that night.

Interesting times!

The team is unchanged for Saturday so that means they are sticking with the same 7 all season barring injuries. No Jake Knight definite.

Connor Coles will have to get his performance up if they are to make the play offs, the other 4 favourites are looking pretty formidable. So far he has only won one race at home when 2 others fell and one away against weak opposition. Two wins in 24 heats as a heat leader says it all.

Tom Brennan has toncilitus and nay not ride Saturday. We probably won't need him but it would mean he stays at reserve for the Kent cup matches and also for his fourth League match which is at Birmingham of all places. They won't like him having 7 rides that night.

Interesting times!

I'm not sure of the rules but assume new averages come in when a rider does 4 league matches , so some riders atain a new average before others? Probably trying to read something that's not there and as his Mum has said Tom's got tonsillitis you'd think it was true, but if he doesn't ride does it still leave the door open for Jake with the average changes as Tom would still be on a 3 with some of the others getting lower averages?

A teams averages come into affect 7 days after so I can't see it being a problem for them to redeclare next week?

A teams averages come into affect 7 days after so I can't see it being a problem for them to redeclare next week?

This is certainly so for riding order and guests but unsure about re-declarations. If not, then the suggested change based on the actual results for the first three matches would have the team thus:

Knight 8.53

Bates 5.23

Baseby 7.38

Powell 6.00

Wood 8.00

Brennan 3.00 (unchanged)

Another 3.00

Total 41.14

These figures will be higher most likely after the match with Plymouth. So even if Tom does not ride tomorrow the change cannot happen unless the 7 day rule does apply and is ratified.

Unfortunate but I think we have to settle for what we have and get Connor and Kelsey moving forward.

This is certainly so for riding order and guests but unsure about re-declarations. If not, then the suggested change based on the actual results for the first three matches would have the team thus:

Knight 8.53

Bates 5.23

Baseby 7.38

Powell 6.00

Wood 8.00

Brennan 3.00 (unchanged)

Another 3.00

Total 41.14

These figures will be higher most likely after the match with Plymouth. So even if Tom does not ride tomorrow the change cannot happen unless the 7 day rule does apply and is ratified.

Unfortunate but I think we have to settle for what we have and get Connor and Kelsey moving forward.

If as it appears then we're with the team we have, Dugard and Bates look to go to reserve which will hopefully give Kelsey a confidence boost, and we mustn't forget all the big hitting reserves like Jenkins etc will be in the main body like Tom, so our 2 reserves should be 2 of the stronger. Do think if Connor Coles was released from Newcastle due to his poor form, may be able to get his confidence back just riding for us in the nl, but as you say he is the main worry, but I'm sure we'll all get behind him as usual to help him on. Edited by gazzac

the 1st one of the season for us on saturday so hoping these thunder storms don't wreck everything . typical that having been working in this heat for the last few days there's a cloud (pun intended) hanging over it. although results seem to have been good , mildenhall being the exception , there isn't the same confidence in the team on this forum like the previous two seasons , so what am i going to see come 7.30 saturday? and if tom isn't riding which one of the reading side with eastbourne connections will be at reserve ?

just read both lawrence or strudwick won't be there and i believe harris can't so who will be at reserve ?

Edited by gee jay

If and its a big if that Brennan doesn't ride then i suspect it will be either O'Keefe or Whitehouse (most likely O'Keefe). That said i suspect the gamble will be taken on Brennan as on current form even a below par performance will return decent points.

If as it appears then we're with the team we have, Dugard and Bates look to go to reserve which will hopefully give Kelsey a confidence boost, and we mustn't forget all the big hitting reserves like Jenkins etc will be in the main body like Tom, so our 2 reserves should be 2 of the stronger. Do think if Connor Coles was released from Newcastle due to his poor form, may be able to get his confidence back just riding for us in the nl, but as you say he is the main worry, but I'm sure we'll all get behind him as usual to help him on.

Couldn't agree more, as a Newcastle fan...

I would like to see Connor dropped as I think it would be better for him to concentrate on winning races again in the NL and I think it would be better for both Eastbourne and Newcastle... As for a replacement, I wouldn't mind seeing either of these two eagles/former eagles, Georgie Wood or preferably, Jake Knight, who do you guys think would do a better job?

Edited by Dandelion

Couldn't agree more, as a Newcastle fan...

I would like to see Connor dropped as I think it would be better for him to concentrate on winning races again in the NL and I think it would be better for both Eastbourne and Newcastle... As for a replacement, I wouldn't mind seeing either of these two eagles/former eagles, Georgie Wood or preferably, Jake Knight, who do you guys think would do a better job?

A no brainer, no dis respect to Georgie who is coming along fine but Jake is a different class. Been hoping to get him back all season but looks unlikely now

A no brainer, no dis respect to Georgie who is coming along fine but Jake is a different class. Been hoping to get him back all season but looks unlikely now

Why does it look unlikely? Has he changed his mind? Or is it just something Eastbourney (Yes, that's a word now) that I don't know about

• Like 1

Why does it look unlikely? Has he changed his mind? Or is it just something Eastbourney (Yes, that's a word now) that I don't know about

Go back and read last 3 or 4 pages of this thread and you will see how various indications have sewn doubt.

More likely to be no chance than unlikely to be honest.