British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

Don't know who compiles their table but it is wrong and even differs from the programme.At home he had 4 each against Cradley and Stoke that's 8 not 7. this can be found inside the last page of the programme. I suspect that whoever compiled the stats thought his last ride against Cradley did not count as his bike packed up as the tapes went up. Be interesting to see how they treat Brennan who had the same thing last night in heat 4.To add to the confusion he is down as 4 rides at Plymouth, BUT he was nominated for a 5th ride in heat 15 and started it but crashed and was stretchered off. By the time the medics were finished the curfew was up and the heat was not re-run. As he had been excluded as causing the stoppage it must count as a ride although they have not said so in the programme. We will have to wait and see what the official BSPA statistics say.

http://www.speedwaygb.co/17results/plymouth_21.04.17_res.pdf

I hope Connor hasn't been released :( Or if he has, I hope he gets fixed up with someone

Sorry Dandelion, my sarcasm with the bspa has got lost in text again, it was really a knock at the Paul Hurry assessment . Would love Jake back but am pretty sure it won't happen.

Ah I see, I'm not the smartest when it comes to sarcasm xD It is the British way, so it's hard for me to pick up on it :P

These are the reasons I have 17 rides not 15 or am I too logical? Pages of rules but still don't seem to describe some things but we should know in a few days when the changes come about.

Meanwhile Georgie is riding for Belle Vue at Mildenhall today so I hope he stays safe. I have a feeling we are going to win at Kent tomorrow with the way his current form is.

Edited by Hunters
  • Like 1

Amazing how 2 rides affects 0.8 of an avg!!

It is because of the very small base amount. 2 on 15 is 13.3% whilst 5.88 Average plus 13.3% =6.66.

As the season progresses the effect of 2 rides will be less and less. Why oh Why they did not have rolling averages brought forward for riders with an existing average and 4 matches for new 3.0 pointers I will never understand.

• Like 1

It is because of the very small base amount. 2 on 15 is 13.3% whilst 5.88 Average plus 13.3% =6.66.

As the season progresses the effect of 2 rides will be less and less. Why oh Why they did not have rolling averages brought forward for riders with an existing average and 4 matches for new 3.0 pointers I will never understand.

NL riders progress quickly. Look at Birmingham last year and using rolling averages Bacon and Hume would've gone to reserve (having started on 4.24 and 3.79) yet they were doing better than Smith & JPB last year. Tbh there's positives and negatives to both methods. The important thing imo is 3.00 riders get new averages quickly and they've solved that problem now.

Good win for the boys today. Brennan's last match at reserve and could Kelsey's injury be the one that forces the re-declaration.

Two or three reserves available from KL now so maybe we will soon know. Saturday is deadline one way or the other.

As we saw today Brennan is a very good rider, however riding at number 1 won't be so good for him, so will knight be coming in if averages work to be number 1 allowing Baseby and wood to be at 3 and 5 then Brennan 2 or 4? I'm not sure averages calculated on here previously are right so this could be a possibility. If they did do this it gives Brennan more time to improve without the pressure of number 1 on in his back.

As we saw today Brennan is a very good rider, however riding at number 1 won't be so good for him, so will knight be coming in if averages work to be number 1 allowing Baseby and wood to be at 3 and 5 then Brennan 2 or 4? I'm not sure averages calculated on here previously are right so this could be a possibility. If they did do this it gives Brennan more time to improve without the pressure of number 1 on in his back.

If Jake came in Brennan would still be number 1 as Tom's average will be 10.25 whereas Jake would come in on 8.54 Edited by eaglesno1

If Jake came in Brennan would still be number 1 as Tom's average will be 10.25 whereas Jake would come in on 8.54

that's a shame if that's correct as much as Tom is on the way up I think he still needs some time before he moves up to number 1

that's a shame if that's correct as much as Tom is on the way up I think he still needs some time before he moves up to number 1

Would probably swop round at the next average change? I suppose as well pressure would be off to do 6/7 rides, likely hood would be he'd ride 4.

Edited by gazzac

Would probably swop round at the next average change? I suppose as well pressure would be off to do 6/7 rides, likely hood would be he'd ride 4.

Yes I guess so, heard a lot of different permutations of the same rumor over past few days. Its hard to know whats true and what isn't.

If Eastbourne are going to make any changes, what is the dead line for it all to happen more like the transfer window in Football maybe thats not such a bad idea.

If Eastbourne are going to make any changes, what is the dead line for it all to happen more like the transfer window in Football maybe thats not such a bad idea.

The changes would have to be made before Saturday.

Seems to me that all we read about on this forum, no matter what team is being discussed, that promoters are constantly looking to change

their riders. It causes some undesirable problems such as the fact that no riders today have any loyalty to their team simply because their

management have no loyalty to them. It is the "Win at all costs" syndrome rather than to enjoy the racing and HOPE your team win rather

than condemning them if they don't.