British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

Coles can go to IOW or Plymouth maybe Buxton as those teams need to be a bit stronger, Lakeside have had a move around so has others in the League, This is speedway and will always be speedway.

Dugard can go to IOW or KENT as anyone can make a change there is 2 good riders free but feel they are not good enough for Eastbourne at this moment in time, I do feel like Eastbourne has a real number 1 which has been missing this season.

Makes me a happy bunny, With the likes of Lakeside improving their squad we had to make the change. Now we really do look good enough to make Belle Vue a little less comfortable.

Jake will have to start at No 3 until the next set of averages which should see Tom drop back a bit.

Feel a bit for Kelsey he really looked good on his new Gerhardt? engine beating Boxall but he must curb his enthusiasm. I am sure Coles will have a new club within days (IOW?)

Very solid team with always one pretty good reserve and think Spooner will improve in the eastie environment. Whether we can beat BV on a home/away aggregate still seems a hard thing to do, but have a better chance with the changes

I would like to be a fly on the wall in the Dugard house hold today. kelsey with his toys all out his pram and connor smug because he has pulled a rabbit out the Hat.

Have to say a good move form Eastbourne, feel sorry for Connor coles as he is a victim of numbers, i am sure your see him in a team ASAP,

I can put money on it that Kelsey throws all the negative information on the internet about the club and family, i paid my £13 a few weeks ago and Kelsey didnt even get to the tapes in 2 of his rides and he wonders why things have not gone his way. He maybe lucky in heat 1 to win but it takes more then that to win me over as a good heat 1 and a poor second ride every week does not make sence to me.

coles will be understanding and accept this is speedway.

• Like 2

I would like to be a fly on the wall in the Dugard house hold today. kelsey with his toys all out his pram and connor smug because he has pulled a rabbit out the Hat.

Have to say a good move form Eastbourne, feel sorry for Connor coles as he is a victim of numbers, i am sure your see him in a team ASAP,

I can put money on it that Kelsey throws all the negative information on the internet about the club and family, i paid my £13 a few weeks ago and Kelsey didnt even get to the tapes in 2 of his rides and he wonders why things have not gone his way. He maybe lucky in heat 1 to win but it takes more then that to win me over as a good heat 1 and a poor second ride every week does not make sence to me.

coles will be understanding and accept this is speedway.

Although he'll understand, I can't imagine what it must do for his confidence up in the championship. He's a sound lad, and definitely not the worst rider ever, but if he's getting dropped from Eastbourne, surely it must worry him a bit.

Not developing young riders I hear you say? But who is our number 1 only the best youngster out there today... arguably. And the people saying they are penilising riders for doing there jobs, they obviously aren't doing their jobs to the full potential of there wouldn't be need for a change. I for one am pleased knight is back as he his a top rider and will help tom no end improve and progress

well if spooner was that good then maybe kent should use him, question it that everytime some one has used him he has not scored, maybe to help kent, well Mr Silver if i was Eastbourne i would not use spooner, keep hold of him and watch the kid go backwards as he will soon slip away.

spooner might have been promised a team place at Kent but again nothing has come of it, Well done Kent stopping speedway progressing.

• Like 1

If? Connor Coles can get a team place @ Plymouth - being the son of Mike & grandson of Bob I can see plenty of support both on & off the track for the talented but as yet unlucky young man.

Seems to me that Spooner is being taken advantage of and used as a pawn in the rider changing game, 1st Hurry at Lakeside and now Knight at Eastbourne.

Kent claim he is their rider, but they can only fit 7 men into their team.

well if spooner was that good then maybe kent should use him, question it that everytime some one has used him he has not scored, maybe to help kent, well Mr Silver if i was Eastbourne i would not use spooner, keep hold of him and watch the kid go backwards as he will soon slip away.

spooner might have been promised a team place at Kent but again nothing has come of it, Well done Kent stopping speedway progressing.

Spooner has been useful this season, just from Kent's point of view he not a 15 year old with great prospects (Rowe) or ready to be the senior reserve (Andrews). Spooner knew he was initially in for Rowe until Rowe turned 15 and it was upto Spooner to impress. Based on his multiple Warriors guest appearances and his Lakeside and Eastbourne team spots numerous teams have thought he's done well.

Will be interested to see the riding order. I believe only 1,6 &7 are designated places with 2,3,4 & 5 interchangeable.

I would go with Mark Baseby at 2 as back up to Tom Brennan, with Georgie at 3 and Mattie Bates 4.This leaves Jake at 5 to cover heat 13, and Alex Spooner 6 and Charley 7.

Looking forward to Saturday there should be 5 good heats against Bowen with Ben Hopwood showing his liking for the track and being competitive. Apart from that it will probably be a bit one sided.

Will be interested to see the riding order. I believe only 1,6 &7 are designated places with 2,3,4 & 5 interchangeable.

I would go with Mark Baseby at 2 as back up to Tom Brennan, with Georgie at 3 and Mattie Bates 4.This leaves Jake at 5 to cover heat 13, and Alex Spooner 6 and Charley 7.

Looking forward to Saturday there should be 5 good heats against Bowen with Ben Hopwood showing his liking for the track and being competitive. Apart from that it will probably be a bit one sided.

That is the rider order that I would have gone with but according to an article in the Argus the new riding order is:

1) Brennan

2) Bates

3) Knight

4) Wood

5) Baseby

6) Spooner

7) Powell

Edited by eaglesno1

That is the rider order that I would have gone with but according to an article in the Argus the new riding order is:

1) Brennan

2) Bates

3) Knight

4) Wood

5) Baseby

6) Spooner

7) Powell

Interesting to put your best 2 riders, on paper, together.