British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
moomin man 76

Cradley Heathens 2017

Guest GiveusaB

Wishing Tom all the best for a safe/successful season and a massive thanks for his professional contribution to the Brummies over the last 2 seasons !

Well a fully fit Danny Ayres has to be a great signing for The Heathens, yes maybe its something of a gamble with regards fitness but there is no doubting Danny is Mr entertainer, and i would like to welcome him to the Heathens, theres no doubts the Cradley fans love him, and he will for sure put bums on seats so to speak..

• Like 2

Guest GiveusaB

Great signing for Cradley....he flys around Perry Barr !

If you go back to post #2 you will see I had got Danny as Priority #1 for us to sign. Well done to the promotion for getting him but I can't really understand why Kent didn't want him back (apart from Luke Bowen's massive average mopping up the points).

He is worth the admission money on his own and is exactly the kind of showman that gets people along to meetings. Sadly there are not enough of them these days. The sport badly needs entertainers who can pass riders.

Welcome Danny. Have a great season. :party:

With Tom and Danny I think those Brummies will have to look over their shoulders this season.

Can't wait to see who's next.

I'm a bit disappointed Shelby Rutherford has rejoined Buxton. He looks useful when his bikes are on song.

Edited by Ommer Mon
  • Like 2

Apparently Hopwood said he will be riding for a new club this season, so could be Cradley considering how much he was guesting for last season at the end

• Like 1

Yeh but cant see what riders they are gonna get to be 4th and 5th average riders

Can understand your concern.

But,Perry,Ayres and Greenwood.... wow.

I can tell you that Kent supporters are not happy that Ayres and Shanes are not coming back in 2017.

Signing Bowen early by Mr Silver was a poor move. IMHO.

Yeh but cant see what riders they are gonna get to be 4th and 5th average riders

Fair point. I would've suggested Burton & Hopwood but with Lawlor no longer a 3.00 that puts the side over the limit. However the Cradley site says the team was going to be a bit under the limit anyway. So maybe something like Burton and Dwyer.

I must admit I think Cradley have made 3 fantastic signings to start their team building!

Excellent start but predictable top heavy which served no purpose in 2015.

The lower end will be key again.

But definitely agree good signings so far.