British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2017 Hat Trick

And this is something that the fans need to push for progress on starting immediately, we need constant updates as to where things stand so as fans we can try and do something to help sooner rather than later, if we let it slip into October, or beyond, it'll probably be too late by then.

absolutely right CUFC & T.B. , the way the time disappears if fans think there's plenty of time April will become May, will become June etc plus it will show any potential buyers of the backing they will get. surely someone will come in but that's probably what every fan of every now defunct club thought.

Edited by gee jay

Look how much Brum fans raised in a short period to save the old Elite league team....

So if you guys had a whole season to raise cash, you guys could go down the football route of a fans group owning and running the club.

Does anyone know exactly how much it was?

I mean this is only from memory but I seem to remember a figure of about 7k was mentioned at the fanzone that year when Ben Barker and Eddie kennetts mechanics did the pit crew speed challenge thing.

Think they raised more after though, I just recall at the time thinking it was an impressive total. Although to be fair I think people across the country and further afield contributed as well.

My memory is that bulk of the money was raised in the first few days / weeks, before the rate of contributions petered out. The target, as I recall, was set at £10,000 so that was never achieved. Suppose you have a season's worth of collections, do you think you will ever get £10,000, and how far will £10,000 go towards running a team? Bear in mind that over a 20-fixture season, that's only £500 per meeting for staff, stadium hire, fuel, electricity, security, insurance, printing, sundry expenses, and we've not got as far as the riders / management yet. And then where do you get £10,000 from the following season?

What do you suppose a fan-owned club would charge another fan for admission? Bear in mind what is being said on other threads about speedway (at EL / Premiership level) being a £10 sport. What would fans set as a price at NL level?

Would fans print and sell a programme, or would they point everyone at the free downloadable racecards available online?

Best of luck with this one, but if this idea went to the Dragons Den, I think I could predict five lots of "I'm Out".

Guest GiveusaB

And to top it all....with the team being considerably weaker this season....gates/attendances will no doubt dwindle making it a less attractive proposition for a new buyer....

There's some cheerful sods on here ... :cry:

Ĺol. Sadly it's a fact of life in this sport that you can be as cheerful as you like in your dreams but once you wake up, open your eyes and see what's what, things ain't all a bed of roses.

Better to accept reality and make the best of it rather than to pretend to live in a fantasy world.

The "Fighting Fund" was initially launched in the expectation that a new promoter might emerge to keep the club going after the collapse of the Phillips promotion in mid-2014 and the great bulk of the money was raised within the first month or so of the club pulling out of the Elite League, but when these hopes failed to materialise, the Supporters' Club decided to keep the money in a separate account in the hope that it might be possible to revive the club for the following season (which was by no means certain at that time.)

We did try to emphasise that if this did not happen, then the money raised would be donated to the Speedway Riders' Benevolent Fund but we also offered the option of refunding the donations to anyone who did not want to do this. One person did take up this option and his money was returned to him, and this took the total of the final figure raised to just below £10,000 so the Supporters' Club then rounded it up to this figure and it was given to Tony Mole unconditionally, after he had set up a new company to resurrect speedway at Perry Barr for 2015.

I hope this clears up the situation for those enquiring.

• Like 1

Well no one asked me or the 10 loyal brummies fans I go with ...

The fighting fund should of been held in a account and added too ..

Supporters club run by old out dated people the club has made a decent profit each of the last 2 years and yes I know this for a fact ..

giving mole the 10k was a joke .

...Supporters club run by old out dated people ...

Charming. :o Nothing to stop you and your 10 buddies joining and making a difference if you feel so inclined though, is there? :t:

Tbf I can't comment on the brummies supporters club but in my experience of non league footy supporters clubs the people running them are usually a bit precious about it, until I got more heavily involved it felt like them and us type scenario.

Tbf I can't comment on the brummies supporters club but in my experience of non league footy supporters clubs the people running them are usually a bit precious about it, until I got more heavily involved it felt like them and us type scenario.

Well no one asked me or the 10 loyal brummies fans I go with ...

The fighting fund should of been held in a account and added too ..

Supporters club run by old out dated people the club has made a decent profit each of the last 2 years and yes I know this for a fact ..

giving mole the 10k was a joke .

1) Why should the fighting fund have been held in an account & added to - and added to by whom? For what purpose? Why was giving the 10k to Tony Mole a joke? It was intended to assist the restart of our club and that's exactly what it did.

2) Are you saying the supporters club has made a "decent profit"? If so, your point is what? The supporters club certainly don't have a decent membership and any money made during the year funds the end of season awards night............as there is little or no interest in away travel transport anymore.

1) The club had restarted and was handed to him at the end of season in which the club had made a profit that's why its a joke .

2)I was referring to the club not the supporters club.

I thought keeping hold of the 10k and us fans adding to it by donations/collections was the way forward for if we needed it in the future.

I thought keeping hold of the 10k and us fans adding to it by donations/collections was the way forward for if we needed it in the future.

The way to shape the decision making is to join the club, get elected onto the committee, and to get your ideas adopted by a majority vote in committee... There'll be an AGM shortly, why not pop along and avail the club of your abilities and energy? See what happens?

Point proven closed shop.. get elected onto the committee is the only way I could have my idea adopted ....

Where is this agm ? how do you join ? have you a website ? facebook page ? twitter page ?

I haven't seen anything about a supporters group where do you meet ? is there a secret handshake ?

You may think I'm been critical but I'm not

The last post on the twitter page was 2 years ago...

The website it links you to doesnt exist ..

ive seen a brummies speedway forum page but that hasnt been updated for at least 10 years