British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Buttons

Chris Holder

Start stating then. This should be fun...

Not loopholes mate, just Matt knows the rules inside out. Its called homework not cheating.

Please do you want to lick Matt's !!!! he is not a god and going by last year he has to prove again he can create a team i am not convinced he can again.

Please do you want to lick Matt's !!!! he is not a god and going by last year he has to prove again he can create a team i am not convinced he can again.

Your not convinced he can again?

Every year he does it and I can't remember the last time Poole were out the playoffs let alone the wooden spoon committee.

Poole getting relegated would be like Arsenal getting relegated.

Agree with the consensus of your first part of the post without the obscene profanities.

If Niels cant ride in the UK this year, then Chris Holder would be a superb replacement!

He'd be box office with Robert Lambert.

Would be a real statement of intent by the KL promotion if they secured the services of a former World Champion. That said, it wont happen as KL operate on a tiny budget so will probably use their asset base for 1-7 and see how it goes.

Tiny budget do you think there would be that much diference in NKI,s wage and Holders.

Still some bitter Poole fans who cant seem to understand that Tai coming in was totally in the rules.

Tai had an average from 2 seasons ago, ok it was low but it was a true real average

Hans Andersen got a ' season ending' injury. Poole brought in one of the top 8 riders in the world on an average that was low for a rider of his abllity who since he last rode here had improved to world class.

Yes i can see how Wolves bringing in Tai and Poole bringing in Lindback was the same!!! Deluded

Still some bitter Poole fans who cant seem to understand that Tai coming in was totally in the rules.

Tai had an average from 2 seasons ago, ok it was low but it was a true real average

Hans Andersen got a ' season ending' injury. Poole brought in one of the top 8 riders in the world on an average that was low for a rider of his abllity who since he last rode here had improved to world class.

Yes i can see how Wolves bringing in Tai and Poole bringing in Lindback was the same!!! Deluded

It's deluded to think you can decide what is wrong and what isn't. It's just as reasonable for a fan to be upset at an unrepresentative 2 year old average as a fan that doesn't agree with a rider assessment. They were both lawful. You can't whinge at a bottom half GP rider being on a 7.00pt average when you've got the world champion racing on the same average.

• Like 1

It's deluded to think you can decide what is wrong and what isn't. It's just as reasonable for a fan to be upset at an unrepresentative 2 year old average as a fan that doesn't agree with a rider assessment. They were both lawful. You can't whinge at a bottom half GP rider being on a 7.00pt average when you've got the world champion racing on the same average.

You can. Riders can only have their averages recalculated if they've missed 3 years, Tai only missed 2. His average was what he gained fairly in 2014, it was low but it was a genuine average. Lindback was given an average based on what exactly? It wasnt because he was 8th in the World ( ahead of Zagar and Iversen at the time) or how he was performing in other leagues at the time but the 7 was given based on an average he got during a season NINE years ago! It's supposed to be based on what they can do NOW not 9 years ago.

• Like 2

Which ever way you look at it both signings were wrong. Strengthening a team so near to the play off imo is wrong and i am glad to say the BSPA agree with me and have put a stop to it this year. :t:

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 5

You can. Riders can only have their averages recalculated if they've missed 3 years, Tai only missed 2. His average was what he gained fairly in 2014, it was low but it was a genuine average. Lindback was given an average based on what exactly? It wasnt because he was 8th in the World ( ahead of Zagar and Iversen at the time) or how he was performing in other leagues at the time but the 7 was given based on an average he got during a season NINE years ago! It's supposed to be based on what they can do NOW not 9 years ago.

Exactly! Perhaps their reasoning when assessing Antonio had something to do with the fact that the highest performing international rider in the league was also on a 7pt average? Hmm?

The reasoning behind a riders assessed average is not made public, so you saying it was based on an average he achieved nine years ago is just a complete guess, and nonsense I would suspect. The powers that be determined, within the rules, that his average be 7pts, which means that too is a genuine average.

A 2 year old average is not a fair assessment of a riders ability (The fact that Doyle had an 8.44 average at the same time Tai had a 7.03pt average highlights this exactly), and neither is the BSPA deciding behind closed doors what a riders average should be. However, they are both within the rules and so neither side has any right to complain.

The fact that both of these riders were brought in to just try and get an unfair advantage over the other teams leaves neither side with any sort of "high ground" to take.

• Like 1

Exactly! Perhaps their reasoning when assessing Antonio had something to do with the fact that the highest performing international rider in the league was also on a 7pt average? Hmm?

The reasoning behind a riders assessed average is not made public, so you saying it was based on an average he achieved nine years ago is just a complete guess, and nonsense I would suspect. The powers that be determined, within the rules, that his average be 7pts, which means that too is a genuine average.

A 2 year old average is not a fair assessment of a riders ability (The fact that Doyle had an 8.44 average at the same time Tai had a 7.03pt average highlights this exactly), and neither is the BSPA deciding behind closed doors what a riders average should be. However, they are both within the rules and so neither side has any right to complain.

The fact that both of these riders were brought in to just try and get an unfair advantage over the other teams leaves neither side with any sort of "high ground" to take.

Something that hopefully the new rules re no changes after 31/7 will put a stop to ;-)

Back to topic!

Chris will, I am sure, be back at Poole, sooner rather than later.

After all, hes not far away from a Testimonial.

• Like 1

Tai only missed one year to be accurate.

If you wish to be that accurate, it was one and a half seasons to be more precise, either way, still not a current CMA

Back to topic!

Chris will, I am sure, be back at Poole, sooner rather than later.

After all, hes not far away from a Testimonial.

I agree.

Maybe a year away will be good as dust may not have settled on his personal circumstances at home and one should not forget that his personal relationship situation at home was also connected to the team by family relationship.

Apologies if I am wrong on that score but no doubt hardly condusive to a harmonious and peaceful situation at home or on the track.

Chris in effect had two bombshell situations to contend with following the Darcy situation last year.

Let's hope he can move on and we can see more of the real Chris Holder who is one of the most exciting racers we have been blessed with seeing in this country over the last 8 years.

If you wish to be that accurate, it was one and a half seasons to be more precise, either way, still not a current CMA

I haven't counted the days and weeks but he only missed one complete year/season so it was a valid average ,as it seems to be assumed 3 years absence is needsd before an average is reassessed.

Absolutely valid CMA.

No one can argue he got better as the year he rode as world champion.

He had a poor 2014 in the UK. Just because it doesn't suit some posters point of view it doesn't make the average wrong.

One could argue that several riders are on false averages for one reason or another (injury/loss of form/etc), it doesn't mean their average weren't earned.

You could of course re-grade every single rider based on what they should be and obviously that would be silly. A bit like some moaning at Tai using his valid average.

Of course the sensible thing for the BSPA to do is to regrade any rider missing a complete season out of the UK. But of course our governing body don't do sensible!

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 2