British Speedway Forum
Dave Stummings

Kent Kings 2017

Agree with Hawk 127 who is probably an old Hackney fan as I once was. We will both remember all the sheenanigins with referees that Len had on a

weekly basis to our delight. Greatest race track in the country without a doubt and survived when many others failed. Now he is at Kent, which I find

astonishing at his age, and still doing the business...sad that I read on this forum about fans in Kent who stay at home because they don't approve of

a particular meeting....there's an old saying..."Use it or lose it".

You're joking right? That isn't a nl team he ride against 3 of them should be in MDL

You're joking right? That isn't a nl team he ride against 3 of them should be in MDL

That's harsh. Hampshire has posted some good scores in the NL and Locke is as good as some other number 6s. It's their top 2-5 that's lacking and Rowe beat their number 5 in the averages, but then you wouldn't expect Rowe to beat the opposition's top 4 anyway.

Anders Rowe's father Del' is a very experienced Speedway mechanic who has engineered for many world class riders. So at the very least

he has the benefit of excellent equipment as well as having been practicing on almost every track in the country over the last 4/5 years. So

it is hardly surprising that he is able to perform at a high level for a 15 year old...Good luck to the kid, I wish him well.

• Like 1

Agree with Hawk 127 who is probably an old Hackney fan as I once was. We will both remember all the sheenanigins with referees that Len had on a

weekly basis to our delight. Greatest race track in the country without a doubt and survived when many others failed. Now he is at Kent, which I find

astonishing at his age, and still doing the business...sad that I read on this forum about fans in Kent who stay at home because they don't approve of

a particular meeting....there's an old saying..."Use it or lose it".

Spot on.

Hackney, Friday, Rayleigh on Saturday and if I recall correctly Crayford Tuesday with the occasional trip to Wimbledon on a Thursday.

Len would put all the effort in to get a meeting on.

Remember one occasion when it had rained all day, flooding all around but Rayleigh were due to face Birmingham. A Few Birmingham riders made it through as did some of the Rayleigh contingent but alas a team meeting was not possible. Sawdust on the rack, a series of match races and other races were brought prematurely to a halt at around 8.50 when the heavens opened again and that lasted all night. Lighting, thunder and torrential rain. The riders put the effort in and those who turned up at least got to see some racing and appreciated the effort. Today this would never happen, more is the pity. But perhaps supporters then were more interested in seeing racing, not just league meetings and those riders recognised and respected the supporters who had made the effort to turn out. The racing today may be different but some things were better back then.

• Like 1

Wow, what a memory you have, Hawk 127 ! Those were the days when fans turned up every week no matter what the meeting was. So all

promoters could add challenge matches, individual championships and stuff to give us all speedway EVERY week no matter what. Now I see

at many many tracks weeks with no meetings and the fans moan about it, but they have only got themselves to blame...as I've said on this

forum before, "Use It Or Lose It !"

I think is exactly what the Eastbourne promotion noticed last year, that they want the team to have a meeting at least every week, be that a home or away meeting.