British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Little Thumper

Buxton 2017

Well, bugger me!

That retirement didn't last long, did it?

And we did all that emotional send-off business at the last meeting at Buxton and it was probably just a ruse to get away from Friend Pipe!

I just hope that Mr Blacklock doesn't do something silly like sign for Stoke.

Sounds to me like he was struggling to make the sport pay just riding in the NL. I assume now he has signed for Berwick he'll be looking for a NL spot too to keep riding regularly. What happens if he is dropped by Berwick during the season will remain to be seen however.

Well, bugger me!

That retirement didn't last long, did it?

And we did all that emotional send-off business at the last meeting at Buxton and it was probably just a ruse to get away from Friend Pipe!

I just hope that Mr Blacklock doesn't do something silly like sign for Stoke.

when I spoke to Ryan at the last meeting he said he didn't feel he was getting the chances in premier and unless he got a premier place he was quitting , I spoke briefly to him last week about his Berwick team place and he said he wasn't looking to ride NL cause of work commitments

Well what a great chance to get for him with being managed by a ex world champion and have very good experienced riders in the team with him will help massively

Could a return for Ryan Blacklock be on the cards now he has signed for Berwick in the Championship?

Bloody hell, he has made more come-backs than Frank Sinatra!

Bloody hell, he has made more come-backs than Frank Sinatra!

Get off the guy back Jesus the guy just want to ride Premier league if he wanted to do both league why dose it matter and yes he did say he was going to pack up if he didnt get a premier league club but if he came back to Buxton its not a come back if he rode last year,

Get off the guy back Jesus the guy just want to ride Premier league if he wanted to do both league why dose it matter and yes he did say he was going to pack up if he didnt get a premier league club but if he came back to Buxton its not a come back if he rode last year,

I seem to remember him standing in front of us and saying he had retired full stop.

There was no mention of if this or if that.

I am not getting on anyone's back and I wish Ryan every success.

I don't think we need to bring Jesus into it.

Edited by Little Thumper
  • Like 1

Nice to see that Shelby Rutherford will be back with Buxton in 2017.

Shelby had a bit of an up and down season in 2016 but he remained enthusiastic and I do believe that he could make significant progress in the coming season.

G'day to our southern hemisphere friends who read this drivel :cheers:

Give it LARGE, Shelby.

• Like 1

Disappointing to see Ryan Burton being lured away from Buxton by bigger spending clubs. Buxton have to rely on the loyalty of the riders they find. It's sad when they have their heads turned by clubs with more money.

Expecting other departures from Hi-Edge very soon too.

• Like 1

Disappointing to see Ryan Burton being lured away from Buxton by bigger spending clubs. Buxton have to rely on the loyalty of the riders they find. It's sad when they have their heads turned by clubs with more money.

Expecting other departures from Hi-Edge very soon too.

it's disappointing from the riders loyalty point of view but not surprising Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

Well at least Buxton have got two three riders for next year.

That's two three more than Stoke seem to have managed.

Give it LARGE, Buxton.

:t:

Edited by Little Thumper
  • Like 1

Tom Woolley rejoins Buxton on a 4.90 average

Well, that's pretty good news and apparently, Jason Pipe is delighted and, "looking forward to working with him again in 2017"

Tom was getting back in the Buxton groove when he came to guest on a couple of occasions last year and I think he should be able to improve a tad on his 4.9 average.

I wonder what the next big news will be from the Hitmen?

I think we are entering a time of interesting developments.

Perhaps the Bod in the Box will have invested the £20 note that I gave him after the last meeting wisely and purchased this masterpiece?

Bachelors-World-of-the-Bachelors.jpg

Or perhaps, something even more exciting might happen?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by Little Thumper