British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hamish McRaker

Lawson Or Masters?

Think its unlikely they will include a foreign double-upper, but you never know I suppose until they actually name the team?

I've not spotted Fricke in a Div2 team so far.

It's irrelevant if they are double uppers or not.

It's not like Richie or Richard are without a team, they still have places in the championship.

The point HM was trying to make that Brits should have any team place they want, whilst putting out of work Masters who has given good service to UK.

You cannot say one team should drop riders to fit them in. That's ludicrous. Especially given the team who dropped Richie are allegedly employing an Aussie in his place!

Only one club to blame for Richie being out of a top flight club.

As for Richard, he has missed out on a top flight club to better riders.

Only a change in the rules will ensure Brits are catered for.

To expect a club to weaken and put out of work a rider who has done no wrong is completely the wrong thing.

It's irrelevant if they are double uppers or not.

It's not like Richie or Richard are without a team, they still have places in the championship.

The point HM was trying to make that Brits should have any team place they want, whilst putting out of work Masters who has given good service to UK.

You cannot say one team should drop riders to fit them in. That's ludicrous. Especially given the team who dropped Richie are allegedly employing an Aussie in his place!

Only one club to blame for Richie being out of a top flight club.

As for Richard, he has missed out on a top flight club to better riders.

Only a change in the rules will ensure Brits are catered for.

To expect a club to weaken and put out of work a rider who has done no wrong is completely the wrong thing.

Once upon a time the " Back the Brits " brigade were up in arms if a British rider was left on the sidelines at the start of a season , now they're jumping up and down and stamping their feet if the Brits don't have two jobs . I think Lawson would have been at Leicester if they hadn't stayed a Saturday night track and Richie was a victim of believing what he was promised . Hopefully having only Glasgow to earn a living from will guarantee a regular double points scoring payday for both riders as they struggle to make ends meet .

Once upon a time the " Back the Brits " brigade were up in arms if a British rider was left on the sidelines at the start of a season , now they're jumping up and down and stamping their feet if the Brits don't have two jobs . I think Lawson would have been at Leicester if they hadn't stayed a Saturday night track and Richie was a victim of believing what he was promised . Hopefully having only Glasgow to earn a living from will guarantee a regular double points scoring payday for both riders as they struggle to make ends meet .

Don't get me wrong I'm pro Brit and believe we should have changed the rules years ago to assist the British riders.

I was delighted when they brought in the draft system.

However we are now talking of rules and regulations that includes a minimum amount of Brits which is the least we should be doing.

The non change of race night seems to have put Lawson out of a top flight place with Leicester.

A sudden show of non loyalty and change of direction appears to have put Richie out of a place with the Aces in the top flight.

If things that had been promised and delivered to those riders then this wouldn't even be a discussion.

Belle Vue carry the biggest guilt on this, and certainly not Wolves for employing an Aussie and a Pole! !!

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong I'm pro Brit and believe we should have changed the rules years ago to assist the British riders.

I was delighted when they brought in the draft system.

However we are now talking of rules and regulations that includes a minimum amount of Brits which is the least we should be doing.

The non change of race night seems to have put Lawson out of a top flight place with Leicester.

A sudden show of non loyalty and change of direction appears to have put Richie out of a place with the Aces in the top flight.

If things that had been promised and delivered to those riders then this wouldn't even be a discussion.

Belle Vue carry the biggest guilt on this, and certainly not Wolves for employing an Aussie and a Pole! !!

Agreed Wolves have nothing to feel guilty about . It's a promoters duty to build a competitive side within the points limit . If a foreign rider fits in better than a Brit , then so be it

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 2

This season, the number of teams has reduced by 2 (it was nearly 5), I.e. 14 fewer "jobs". I'm not including the NL in this as it's essentially a development league.

If two clubs had moved up from the NL, the problem we now have wouldn't have arisen.

In this changed circumstance, British riders should have priority when it comes to having two jobs.

What we've got is (at the latest count!) 5 instances of foreigners with 2 jobs, while 2 Brits, who would like to have 2 jobs, only have 1 job. We have another Brit (Neilsen) who has 0 jobs and would just like to have 1 and would love to have 2.

This just can't be right. Jon Cook isn't someone I usually hold in high regard,but his article in SS praises the way GB speedway has taken back control and is putting British riders first again, looking after our own. Well the above shows that it isn't!

This season, the number of teams has reduced by 2 (it was nearly 5), I.e. 14 fewer "jobs". I'm not including the NL in this as it's essentially a development league.

If two clubs had moved up from the NL, the problem we now have wouldn't have arisen.

In this changed circumstance, British riders should have priority when it comes to having two jobs.

What we've got is (at the latest count!) 5 instances of foreigners with 2 jobs, while 2 Brits, who would like to have 2 jobs, only have 1 job. We have another Brit (Neilsen) who has 0 jobs and would just like to have 1 and would love to have 2.

This just can't be right. Jon Cook isn't someone I usually hold in high regard,but his article in SS praises the way GB speedway has taken back control and is putting British riders first again, looking after our own. Well the above shows that it isn't!

While we're a slave to averages and points limits , then what do you expect . If promoters decide Lawson , R Worrall and Neilsen aren't an attractive enough proposition with their current averages , then that's just the way it is .

• Like 1

I have already said that I see no reason for Wolverhampton to change their team and that personally I would have liked to see Richie back at Belle Vue. However, the new management at Belle Vue aren't guilty of anything. They made no promises to Richie Worrall and whoever did must have done so on the understanding that it was conditional on them taking over the club. You cannot expect the new owners to honour a promise they didn't make if they think other options are better.

If you want to make comparisons then Belle Vue have over recent years employed as many, if not more, British riders than any other top tier club. Last year and in 2015 we had 5. For most of last season, until drafting in Woffinden, Wolverhampton had only two Brits and only two in 2015, in both years those two were the mandatory British reserves.

Edited by Aces51

My final decision is as follows:

The cases against L.Bjerre and E.Riss I will dismiss on a legal technicality as both are EU citizens and while the UK is still a member of that, they unfortunately have equal rights but not for much longer we hope.

However, S.Masters, J.Grazjonek and J.Holder must be dismissed forthwith from their jobs at Wolverhampton,Somerset,and Peterborough respectively and replaced by R.Worrall,S.Neilsen and S.Lawson (the three employers should decide between themselves on the exact allocation).

All 6 of the above are Speedway riders and therefore from a legal point of view are all of one single occupational category and therefore interchangeable.

This decision will correct a situation whereby non-EU visitors have been provided with employment at the expense of EU citizens who carry out the same job.

I will inform the Department of Labour of my decision on Monday morning and it will be immediately binding on the parties.

Your final decision stinks :rofl:

I wouldn't trust a word Jon cook says and rosco is the wrong person to be the team gb manager.

My final decision is as follows:

The cases against L.Bjerre and E.Riss I will dismiss on a legal technicality as both are EU citizens and while the UK is still a member of that, they unfortunately have equal rights but not for much longer we hope.

However, S.Masters, J.Grazjonek and J.Holder must be dismissed forthwith from their jobs at Wolverhampton,Somerset,and Peterborough respectively and replaced by R.Worrall,S.Neilsen and S.Lawson (the three employers should decide between themselves on the exact allocation).

All 6 of the above are Speedway riders and therefore from a legal point of view are all of one single occupational category and therefore interchangeable.

This decision will correct a situation whereby non-EU visitors have been provided with employment at the expense of EU citizens who carry out the same job.

I will inform the Department of Labour of my decision on Monday morning and it will be immediately binding on the parties.

As you are so concerned about British riders which riders in both leagues should be dismissed to allow Stefan Nielsen to have 2 jobs?

Also which Championship team should sack a rider to give James Sarjeant a place?

Easy answer, Every British rider on a list should be fitted into a team in both leagues before any Johnny Foreigner is selected next season

• Like 1

Easy answer, Every British rider on a list should be fitted into a team in both leagues before any Johnny Foreigner is selected next season

Leicester can drop Nilsson for Lawson if you want.

As you are so concerned about British riders which riders in both leagues should be dismissed to allow Stefan Nielsen to have 2 jobs?

Also which Championship team should sack a rider to give James Sarjeant a place?

Thank you I will consider these cases next week

Leicester can drop Nilsson for Lawson if you want.

that would be ok with me, rather watch a Brit than an average Johnny Foreigner