British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dandelion

National Trophy

Firstly, sorry if this is the wrong thread for this topic, is the National Trophy even related to the National League?

I have a few questions about it as I cannot find any information anywhere about it

What are the rules regarding team building?

Who is in it? Which teams? Riders?

When are the meetings held?

Is there a website that talks specifically about it, because I'm buggered if I can find it?

What's it's aim? Youth? Just some random extra meetings?

Thanks!! :)

Open to National League teams. Although only 6 in it. Eastbourne Kent Mildenhall in one group. Race each other home and away with winners of group go into two legged final. Other group Plymouth Isle of Wight and Swindon. Swindon will make a team out of riders who do not ride for any of the other 5 teams in the competition. They can use riders who ride for Cradley Stoke Birmingham etc.

NT regulations are now contained in the 2017 rule book available on the SCB GB website.

Open to National League teams. Although only 6 in it. Eastbourne Kent Mildenhall in one group. Race each other home and away with winners of group go into two legged final. Other group Plymouth Isle of Wight and Swindon. Swindon will make a team out of riders who do not ride for any of the other 5 teams in the competition. They can use riders who ride for Cradley Stoke Birmingham etc.

Thank you very much for the information, so it's basically just a trophy for the national league, but they're not forcing all teams to compete because maybe they can't?

NT regulations are now contained in the 2017 rule book available on the SCB GB website.

Thanks for the heads up

Thank you very much for the information, so it's basically just a trophy for the national league, but they're not forcing all teams to compete because maybe they can't?

Birmingham (the holders) aren't competing, apparently, because they haven't got enough dates.

• Like 1