British Speedway Forum

Gospeed have the exclusive rights to market british speedway so they have failed the sport immensely as you say no sponsors of british speedway which they control.

Buster talks on the live q&a about using other agencies but I'm starting to think that perhaps its a smoke screen and certain stuff is said just to keep fans happy.

On another note I saw a tweet saying bt first meeting is the british final and speedwaygb said thats wrong

• Like 1

Are there any other sports where the coverage starts halfway through the season. Fishing? Darts? I can't think of any team sport with a league involved where they start showing it well after the season starts. Does anyone know if there's a reason for this and who agreed to it?

Maybe we've got this as it's a result of the 'more important meeting' Mick Horton mentioned?

Gospeed have the exclusive rights to market british speedway so they have failed the sport immensely as you say no sponsors of british speedway which they control.

Buster talks on the live q&a about using other agencies but I'm starting to think that perhaps its a smoke screen and certain stuff is said just to keep fans happy.

On another note I saw a tweet saying bt first meeting is the british final and speedwaygb said thats wrong

Where have you seen this ?

It was a tweet by Natalie Quirk that said it started with the British Final ... she may have meant just her own contribution (?)

Many people have ridiculed such a late start (if true) replying to the Speedwaygb tweets; but I haven't seen a denial of it.

PS

Today's Speedway Star offers a little enlightenment (Surprisngly ha ha)

The quote from TR himself that says "There will be 18 shows throughout the summer and into the autumn ..."

So that would (sort of) confirm that late start.

Edited by Grand Central

Are there any other sports where the coverage starts halfway through the season. Fishing? Darts? I can't think of any team sport with a league involved where they start showing it well after the season starts. Does anyone know if there's a reason for this and who agreed to it?

Maybe we've got this as it's a result of the 'more important meeting' Mick Horton mentioned?

Maybe they are hoping the weather is better around then it would be nothing worse setting up for a meeting for it to be rained off yes we have had loads of meeting cancelled mid season but usually the weathers better around then

As Sky pulled out less then a week ago, maybe BT do not have the resources to pick up at a moments notice. Resources as in manpower and equipment.

• Like 1

I've seen the viewing figures for Speedway on Sky (maybe it was on here ?) and they were quite good compared to lower league football etc.

• Like 1

As Sky pulled out less then a week ago, maybe BT do not have the resources to pick up at a moments notice. Resources as in manpower and equipment.

Or maybe they just want the dust to settle on what has been a very eventful winter, and ensuring any further issues are ironed out before they start to show the sport.

• Like 1

OveFundinFan- Sky did not pull out last week this was done a couple of months ago and was first discussed with BSPA at end of last season.

There is no technical reason that i can foresee in my experience that would need to postpone the first meeting until June

OveFundinFan- Sky did not pull out last week this was done a couple of months ago and was first discussed with BSPA at end of last season.

There is no technical reason that i can foresee in my experience that would need to postpone the first meeting until June

As others have said they may well be waiting for the football to finish and the weather to be more reliable.

• Like 1

at least i have a birth certificate !

shall i send you a pm regarding the sports channels or do you still want to be stuck in the dark ages ?

Me or kks?

There was definitely a tweet saying "wrong" when said coverage doesn't start til june

Any chance of sharing it please?

GoSpeed have exclusive rights to broadcasting......very different to having exclusive rights to market British Speedway......they do not control sponsorship of Clubs or Leagues