British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich Vs Sheffield Sgbc 25/03/17 7.30pm

A little early but who cares. Less than a fortnight until tapes up on another season at Foxhall.

We start with a cracker which I think is fair to say between two of the more fancied sides.

Big early test for both clubs and a chance to lay down an early marker.

Will also be interesting to see how the track rides after a winter of alterations/improvements?

Fingers crossed for good weather for some Saturday night Speedway on the Heath.

• Like 1

Taking into account that's it's the first meeting and riders could be a bit rusty, I still see a comfortable win for the witches.

Taking into account that's it's the first meeting and riders could be a bit rusty, I still see a comfortable win for the witches.

Lets hope so Baldy - we cant afford a dodgy start to the season like last year.

Winning = Confidence = Winning :t:

I'm only going by some of their riders don't go that great at Foxhall, and I'm confident our team is a good one this year

• Like 1

Lets hope so Baldy - we cant afford a dodgy start to the season like last year.

Winning = Confidence = Winning :t:

I'd forgive them a slow start this year TBH although obviously not too long! Sheffield are also a good looking side and the problem we might have early doors is that three riders are coming back from injuries, two of them serious ones.

Patience might be the order of the day this year as it will probably take those lads a little longer than the others to get up to full speed but I'm confident once they do, we'll take some stopping.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we got turned over next Saturday by a good Sheffield team, but I won't be overly concerned if we do.

I'd forgive them a slow start this year TBH although obviously not too long! Sheffield are also a good looking side and the problem we might have early doors is that three riders are coming back from injuries, two of them serious ones.

Patience might be the order of the day this year as it will probably take those lads a little longer than the others to get up to full speed but I'm confident once they do, we'll take some stopping.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we got turned over next Saturday by a good Sheffield team, but I won't be overly concerned if we do.

There are only 4 play off spots this year.

Id be confident to predict that of the 4 qualifiers not one of them will lose more than 2 home meetings during the season.

So losing your first home meeting for me is unthinkable if you plan to be contenders.

There are only 4 play off spots this year.

Id be confident to predict that of the 4 qualifiers not one of them will lose more than 2 home meetings during the season.

So losing your first home meeting for me is unthinkable if you plan to be contenders.

We'd still have one more home loss to spare then :P

Going to be a very interesting first meeting and a test for both clubs. Can't wait.

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

....your shell 🐚🐌😲

We'd still have one more home loss to spare then :P

Going to be a very interesting first meeting and a test for both clubs. Can't wait.

Im usually the one being all pragmatic but have got my serious game face on for the start of this season 😒

I'm with you bruv, I don't think we can afford to get off to a slow start. If we do, that's our own fault not having any warm ups. Looking forward to the new noise making implements.

• Like 1

LOL most certainly not Baldy! For some reason my iphone "smillies" don't seem to work on here!