British Speedway Forum
jackofdiamonds

Newcastle V Workington Ckocup 2nd Leg April 2 2017

Cook's pass of Lambert and Worrall in Ht13 was worth the admission money alone. Wow!

Great meeting for a neutral and heat 13 was Cookie at his breathtaking very best!!!

sublime,,,

I will take 8 points from Newcastle all day long :t::t: , i think you needed more than that to bring to Worky

So, on another thread I said our reserves wouldn't beat anyone of note and some replies suggested there weren't any reserves of note out there - outscored 3-8 yesterday and to fair could/should have been 1-10 this by a rider with same experience in league as Phillips and one with even less!

Looking round Peterborough's reserve flying, Redcar's two reserves scoring a hatful for other teams on Saturday, Scunthorpe's get 8 at Glasgow (granted had a mare at home), Glasgow's reserve scores 6 - that's before you consider Branford and Riss at Sheffield/Edinburgh.

We had better keep fingers crossed that top 5 keep fit and on form

A very good meeting last night, but will 8 points be enough? doubtful when you consider our lack of strength at reserve, no trump cards to play this year but one must live in hope

Yes I agree, but is not a surprise. Our 2017 team was built to keep the 1-5 from late last year, which meant 2 x 2point reserves. Fingers crossed we will not have to go with rider replacement featuring our reserves until the lads improve with experience. Speaking bluntly Danny Phillips needs to become a better rider quickly otherwise he should be replaced. Connor is going ok and I think he will make the grade but will he be able to get the points from reserve that the team needs in 2017

Speaking bluntly Danny Phillips needs to become a better rider quickly otherwise he should be replaced. Connor is going ok and I think he will make the grade but will he be able to get the points from reserve that the team needs in 2017

I have to say, that in the first match a Berwick, Phillips looked ok and thought that Coles was too. Maybe Danny has been to IOW and is riding at Kings Lynn, which I believe are flat out tracks, similar to Berwick. Riding at Brough is different and when it comes to using the throttle, he loses his botttle,,,

Yes I agree, but is not a surprise. Our 2017 team was built to keep the 1-5 from late last year, which meant 2 x 2point reserves. Fingers crossed we will not have to go with rider replacement featuring our reserves until the lads improve with experience. Speaking bluntly Danny Phillips needs to become a better rider quickly otherwise he should be replaced. Connor is going ok and I think he will make the grade but will he be able to get the points from reserve that the team needs in 2017

I agree, Danny needs to up his game fast or else... I'd like to see another Danny in instead of him, mainly for the entertainment and crowd pumping... But I doubt averages would allow that... :P Think Connor looked nice and smooth and in a few months time he could solidly score 3 or 4 point a meeting, as long as he's put in the number 7 spot!! Every team should have a 2.00 reserve in anyway, imo

.....Darryl Ritchings and Dan Greenwood looked good when I saw them last year.....

Edited by Dandelion

I will take 8 points from Newcastle all day long :t::t: , i think you needed more than that to bring to Worky

😂😂😜x