Newcastle
1. Robert Lambert
2. Ashley Morris
3. Lewis Rose
4. Ludde Lindgren c
5. Steve Worrall
6. Connor Coles
7. Danny Phillips
The teams are looking for Championship League points. Now as a Newcastle fan I hope we win the match and take the league points but realistically I can see this as a Glasgow win. The Newcastle team need solid scoring from Lewis Rose and Ashley Morris to back up the efforts made by Ludde, Steve and Robert as our reserve pairing will struggle I feel. As always I hope the Diamonds will be entertaining despite my view that Glasgow will win so go on and prove me wrong Newcastle and bring the points home.
  • Like 1

I think this is a difficult one to call, but two extremely strong top ends may well lead to the reserves battling it out. A big meeting for Glasgow.

I think this is a difficult one to call, but two extremely strong top ends may well lead to the reserves battling it out. A big meeting for Glasgow.

It is , we took our time disposing of Scunthorpe last week , top three done their bit , our middle order will need to give us a wee bit more . Has all the makings of an entertaining clash though .

Depends on track setup.

Indeed

Newcastle Riders: Robert Lambert and Lewis Rose both had outings for their parent club Kings Lynn on Wednesday the 5th April 2017

Lewis Rose scored - 2',3,2,2' = 9+2 almost a PL paid maximum!

and

Robert Lambert- 3,R,3,2,2 = 10

Newcastle have great hopes for Lewis this season and he has started well. Robert is going very well and will be very much an entertainer at Glasgow I am sure.

The Diamonds also expect our Worrall twin Steve to do well in this match. Ludvig Lindgren will get amonst the action and Ashley Morris will chip in a few points. Newcastle are hoping as the fixtures go by that our reserves Danny Phillips and Connor Coles will click the more they ride.

I am being realistic in saying Glasgow may just have too much fire power for the diamonds but who knows? Going for a Glasgow win but not by very much

Edited by dantodan

Glasgow

1. Aaron Summers

2. Dan Bewley

3. Richie Worrall

4. Nike Lunna

5. Richard Lawson

6. Tom Perry

7. Jack Smith

Newcastle

1. Robert Lambert
2. Ashley Morris
3. Lewis Rose
4. Ludde Lindgren c
5. Steve Worrall
6. Connor Coles
7. Danny Phillips
The teams are looking for Championship League points. Now as a Newcastle fan I hope we win the match and take the league points but realistically I can see this as a Glasgow win. The Newcastle team need solid scoring from Lewis Rose and Ashley Morris to back up the efforts made by Ludde, Steve and Robert as our reserve pairing will struggle I feel. As always I hope the Diamonds will be entertaining despite my view that Glasgow will win so go on and prove me wrong Newcastle and bring the points home.

I think we will find that a lot this season. Danny seems to be riding OK away from home judging by his performance at Berwick (1 meeting I know) and it will take Connor time. I can see Connor coming on leaps and bounds at Brough but in my opinion Danny will always struggle, still has not got to grips with the tight track at Brough. But with this being at Glasgow, I live in hope for a gr8 performance from Danny!!!

• Like 1

This is going to be a tough one, which I would rather have had a few weeks into the season. Newcastle are a balanced team, with some excellent riders.

Out boys will need to be firing on Saturday.

A narrow Tigers win for me.

• Like 1

Should be an excellent match so long as the track has plenty of grip. It could be gate and go as there are plenty quick gaters in either team so you want some dirt for opportunities to pass.

Just read the speedway updates and Jack Smith brings the house down at Belle Vue by beating Hans Andersen :shock: . Will do his confidence the world of good . Young Dan has 5 points after two rides too :t:

• Like 2

Just read the speedway updates and Jack Smith brings the house down at Belle Vue by beating Hans Andersen :shock: . Will do his confidence the world of good . :t:

Its a fairytale :rofl:

Ok where's me coat

• Like 2

Glasgow easy win, as reserves are key and i can t see ncstle's scoring anywhere near enough to keep it close , hope im proved wrong but cant see it!

Jack and Tom will have a good one today, probably will gain a 5-1 in heat 2 as Philips and Coles have never really challenged around Ashfield, and with Jack on a high from last night it would be good for him to carry forward the momentum from last nights meeting into this evening.

Beautiful Spring day , no weather concerns whatsoever , looking forward to what is an intriguing early season clash .