British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cliffeboy

Somerset V Leicester

Good luck to the lads tonight in their opening home fixture. Not sure if Josh will be riding which is a massive blow for us, but I think everyone else can take his rides. Hopefully Rohan has sorted his reported machine probs.

Going to be a hard meeting I think. Bates is up there with Klindt as the best reserve in the league, King has been suffering with bike gremlins but is capable of much more, Gomolski can ride the OTA well and Bjerre has started​ the season well.

Presumably no Grajczonek and Tungate struggling, it is going to be very hard and we could even lose.

Edited by Brummie Rebel
  • Like 1

Going to be a hard meeting I think. Bates is up there with Klindt as the best reserve in the league, King has been suffering with bike gremlins but is capable of much more, Gomolski can ride the OTA well and Bjerre has started​ the season well.

Presumably no Grajczonek and Tungate struggling, it is going to be very hard and we could even lose.

We definitely have to have Rohan on it imo, we can't carry a No 1. If he is ok I think we will be ok with Rohan, Pat , and the rest taking Josh's rides. Our reserves are better around our place, and Charles and Paul have both shown good form this season. It will be close but I think we will nick it.

If Riss was riding then I'd fancy Leicester to win this tbh but Lasse Bjerre replacing him weakens them a little, Somerset to win by 2

If Riss was riding then I'd fancy Leicester to win this tbh but Lasse Bjerre replacing him weakens them a little, Somerset to win by 2

I would say Bjerre is better than Riss personally. This result rests purely on Tungate and Grajczonek they have to pick up the points and should both be double figures at home.

I would say Bjerre is better than Riss personally. This result rests purely on Tungate and Grajczonek they have to pick up the points and should both be double figures at home.

Riss has only dropped points in the two races he has crashed in, not bad from 2 meetings. And Riss had that meeting on Sky for Edinburgh at Somerset a few season ago where he was flying. That said, Bjerre is a good guest.

It's a shame Riss isn't riding, I'd have probably popped over if he had been, still might if I can be bother when I finish work.

Rebels to win. Leicester deserve all they get, following last-minute dumping of two signed-up riders who no loger have a British berth.

C'mon Aussies, c'mon!

Rebels to win. Leicester deserve all they get, following last-minute dumping of two signed-up riders who no loger have a British berth.

C'mon Aussies, c'mon!

Wasn't the Aussies bailed out by a British promotor last season so they could ride in the World Cup

The good thing about Leicester is they don't have any whinging Aussies in the team this season lol

Leicester Win tonight by 4 points

Edited by robert72

Wasn't the Aussies bailed out by a British promotor last season so they could ride in the World Cup

The good thing about Leicester is they don't have any whinging Aussies in the team this season lol

I think Somerset can win this..

Rebels win by eight -- maybe Leicester should get some whinging Aussies in after all.

Rebels win by eight -- maybe Leicester should get some whinging Aussies in after all.

It's a shame we didn't have a full team as you wouldn't of won and as for Aussies I think it's great that the lions don't have one.

It's a shame we didn't have a full team as you wouldn't of won and as for Aussies I think it's great that the lions don't have one.

I don't think you would have won even with a full team ! Autys been poor at the OTA when riding for Scunthorpe and his r/r scored 5 tonight which was prob about par. The Rebels had 4 retirements/exclusions in the first 8 heats so some back luck and Tungates bike packed up again in heat 13 and this more than cancelled out losing Bjerre for his last 2 rides.We even gifted you a 5-1 in heat 15 by nominating a reserve and a second string!

Decent meeting though with some excellent racing - Allen and Wright stood out for the Rebels and Danny King was very impressive for the Tigers. I thought the score overall flattered the tigers and was scewed by the 5-1's in heat 13 and 15.

Wasn't there tonight as working 8-8 tomorrow so no point traveling from the Midlands. Glad we have our first win, disappointed not by more as seems we deserved more. Was very surprised not to see Hougaard in heat 15 as think he offers more top end strength. Spoke to my uncle and he said Graversen was a bit of the pace for this league and Tungate bikes were terrible. Glad to hear the racing was good but didn't ask, what was the crowd like?.