British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cliffeboy

Somerset V Leicester

I don't think you would have won even with a full team ! Autys been poor at the OTA when riding for Scunthorpe and his r/r scored 5 tonight which was prob about par. The Rebels had 4 retirements/exclusions in the first 8 heats so some back luck and Tungates bike packed up again in heat 13 and this more than cancelled out losing Bjerre for his last 2 rides.We even gifted you a 5-1 in heat 15 by nominating a reserve and a second string!

Decent meeting though with some excellent racing - Allen and Wright stood out for the Rebels and Danny King was very impressive for the Tigers. I thought the score overall flattered the tigers and was scewed by the 5-1's in heat 13 and 15.

So Somersets riders falling off and breaking down is bad luck? In the real world its poor planning and falling off is a lack of skill.

Yet Bjerre having to withdraw was bad luck as it was the fault of a Somerset rider.

Somerset appear to have been the lucky team to be, there rider put a Leicester rider out of the meeting.

Somerset's heat leader strength is going to be an issue all year but the 4 riders below them are solid and can be match winners if they have a good night. Solid start to the home fixtures, but tougher tests to come. At least Gomolski found some form for Leiceter. Bates, King & Nilsson did their job. R/R & guests, meh!

So Somersets riders falling off and breaking down is bad luck? In the real world its poor planning and falling off is a lack of skill.

Yet Bjerre having to withdraw was bad luck as it was the fault of a Somerset rider.

Somerset appear to have been the lucky team to be, there rider put a Leicester rider out of the meeting.

Where you at the meeting or is your opinion from your keyboard looking at the scorecharts?

My opinion is my point of view from witnessing the meeting and the luck probably evened itself out.

Unlucky for Somerset to lose Bjerre. I think Leicester are capable of winning the return leg and progressing in the cup

Leicester will win the 2nd leg and progress in the competition.

Actually, I thought that is the objective in cup competitions. to get to the next round,

• Like 1

I think Leicester will win the second leg as well but well dont Somerset on their win. If they can get Rohan and Josh competitive then they have a solid reserve in Allen piling up the points.

Good to see Leicester doing well after last season

What absolute tosh, any rider can fall off even the very best riders so lack of skill my a**e. Plus yes breaking down is bad luck, Rohan has been troubled since the start and just can't get it going and Paddy Hougaard scored three wins with his retirement so do you really think that it was "bad planning". Lastly how did Allen put Bjerre out of the meeting it's not as if he meant to do it, it happens any time. Not really bad luck just a racing accident.

• Like 1

Somerset appear to have been the lucky team to be, there rider put a Leicester rider out of the meeting

Lasse and Jake were mixing it in close proximity to each other, it was on the edge of the seat stuff, it happened right in front of me. They were giving no quarter, it was inevitable that it was going to end in tears for one of them and I reiterate, one of the them !!! It could have gone either way, it just so happened it was Lasse got to bite the shale, it could have, quite easily been the other way and Lasse would have been out. That, my friend is speedway. It was a racing incident !!!

Edited by Aroundtheboards
  • Like 1

Lasse and Jake were mixing it in close proximity to each other, it was on the edge of the seat stuff, it happened right in front of me. They were giving no quarter, it was inevitable that it was going to end in tears for one of them and I reiterate, one of the them !!! It could have gone either way, it just so happened it was Lasse got to bite the shale, it could have, quite easily been the other way and Lasse would have been out. That, my friend is speedway. It was a racing incident !!!

Spot on, they both wanted the same piece of track at the exact same moment.

For the Rebels Wrighty and Jake were awesome with Paddy, Josh and Starkey solid. Rohan will sort it out soon i'm sure and Jan will get better the more race fit he gets.

For Leicester Nilsson was good when he gated but very average when he didn't, Gomolski worked hard but always lost out to a Rebel, Bjerre was ok until his collision with Jake, King was very good and quick, Bates was generally out of control and poor and Ayres failed to turn up collecting a lengthy row of coconuts.

Not bad racing for the opening meeting of the season and track was good despite looking a bit wet to start with. In reality not much different to last years racing to be honest just the different name.

• Like 1

Where you at the meeting or is your opinion from your keyboard looking at the scorecharts?

My opinion is my point of view from witnessing the meeting and the luck probably evened itself out.

I wasn't there but falling off, crashing and breaking down isn't bad luck. It's like claiming its back luck that you didn't gate, didn't have the speed and didn't pass the other riders in the race.

What absolute tosh, any rider can fall off even the very best riders so lack of skill my a**e. Plus yes breaking down is bad luck, Rohan has been troubled since the start and just can't get it going and Paddy Hougaard scored three wins with his retirement so do you really think that it was "bad planning". Lastly how did Allen put Bjerre out of the meeting it's not as if he meant to do it, it happens any time. Not really bad luck just a racing accident.

if this is your level of logic I'll give up and say you're right. Somerset were unlucky not to score 75, unlucky that Leicester had riders who could do 4 laps faster than the Somerset riders some times.

I think Leicester will win the second leg as well but well dont Somerset on their win. If they can get Rohan and Josh competitive then they have a solid reserve in Allen piling up the points.

Good to see Leicester doing well after last season

Not so good tonight against Poole. :lol:

• Like 1

I wasn't there but falling off, crashing and breaking down isn't bad luck. It's like claiming its back luck that you didn't gate, didn't have the speed and didn't pass the other riders in the race.

if this is your level of logic I'll give up and say you're right. Somerset were unlucky not to score 75, unlucky that Leicester had riders who could do 4 laps faster than the Somerset riders some times.

None of that made any sense at all.

None of that made any sense at all.

Exactly. It your messed up logic. Being crap is unlucky apparently.

Klindt guesting for Starke in the 2nd leg. Thought Starke was an asset so should get priority over Peterborough?

Where have you seen this ?